Are you left, right or centre (politically)

Jack.

Are you left, right or centre (politically)  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Are you left, right or centre (politically)

• Left
    • Right
    • Centre - I value both left and right values

2 hours ago, Nano said:

I expected there to be trouble when I heard the Liberals were joining the Greens and SPD. Doesn't sound like a coalition where anyone would come out happy.

Yes, absolutely, it's so "funny" that the few good plans that are coming from the Green are being blocked by the liberals.

The SPD, I can't take them seriously anymore. They're the best example for making promises and not acting upon it in any form at all, which is why they declined extremely in popularity in the past years.

Chancellor Scholz did a great job in turning things around for them again  (partly because no one was here for the rival candidates) but well, after the election...nothing. A true joke, but not totally unexpected and the corruption scandal still being a topic at the time... It just ain't it.

Truly, the political landscape here is a lost cause, because all parties are problematic. But I guess that's a problem everywhere.

Edited by Breakdown

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armani?

• Breakdown

• Nano

• lcylcy

Pretty much center left

2 hours ago, Breakdown said:

There's a lot of incompetence going on and Green/Red and Liberal (who build the current government) just don't get along because they have so different opinions, so for both sides there's not much progress in my opinion. Everything's messy and stagnating. And the Green party's priorities are weird in general. I'm on break now at work, so I can't get too much into it. But every party in the government is acting a mess. If there's interest I could list examples later. Gtg now.

I mean if the CDU wouldn’t literally do everything in their powers to sabotage everything the government tries to do it would definitely work better :rip:

Center with a tendency to go either left or right depending on the subject 

4 minutes ago, PopKills said:

I mean if the CDU wouldn’t literally do everything in their powers to sabotage everything the government tries to do it would definitely work better :rip:

FDP in government and CDU in opposition really isn't a good combination, I agree. But overall decisions and plans aren't much foresighted from government. It all could be worked out better but the competence and cooperation is lacking.

10 minutes ago, Breakdown said:

FDP in government and CDU in opposition really isn't a good combination, I agree. But overall decisions and plans aren't much foresighted from government. It all could be worked out better but the competence and cooperation is lacking.

I agree, especially with the cooperation part, yet I think this government is actually acting upon the interests of the people, much more than any previous CDU government in years. 

Left. Both sides have their extremists and you’re not gonna sit here and tell me that the leftist extremism does nearly as much harm as the right extremism on an exoteric level.

The majority of liberals are not “annoying wokies” in real life, y’all just gotta get off the internet for a second and stop forming your opinion on the world based off of what you see a select few people who are just trying to get clicks and praise saying :dies:

3 hours ago, Peroxide said:

Not allowing billionaires to exist

:rip:

OT: Centre:alexz:both political sides are heavy with corruption and only care about the best interests of the upper class elite. 

I’ve become left in almost in every area except fiscally.

I don’t like how the left treats wealth and prosperity, sometimes it feels like people who are extremely left don’t one anyone to propser in life and just be mediocre. And also I hate high taxes.

Outside of that, I love to fight for green laws, everyone should have access to free healthcare, obviously anti-racism and anti-homophobia. No religion is better etc.

23 minutes ago, DonSiblon said:

:rip:

OT: Centre:alexz:both political sides are heavy with corruption and only care about the best interests of the upper class elite. 

Billionaires. Should. Not. Exist :rip:

Left.

People still using the word "woke" as some kind of insult in here :deadbanana2: Can any of you actually define what it means?

49 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Left. Both sides have their extremists and you’re not gonna sit here and tell me that the leftist extremism does nearly as much harm as the right extremism on an exoteric level.

The majority of liberals are not “annoying wokies” in real life, y’all just gotta get off the internet for a second and stop forming your opinion on the world based off of what you see a select few people who are just trying to get clicks and praise saying :dies:

Exactly!

In the real world, I’m very, very left.

On the Internet, when I see what some people on woke Twitter and ATRL believe in, it makes me want to say “center-left,” but I rarely see some of the leftist extremism shared in pop music spaces echoed outside of them, so irl I’m keeping the “far left” label. 

Left because if we had the time to debate every moral issue possible left would likely win most times. So truthfully if you’re center or right it usually tells me everything I need to know about either your privilege or lack of empathy on any given issue.

Not chronically online though. Not everything is an easy yes or no answer, so giving people the benefit of the doubt is important to be flexible and learn things for yourself. 

Mostly left.

But I don't really care that much for politics.

I do know that americans are obsessed with political parties.

7 hours ago, Jack. said:

The best type of left :clap3:

7 hours ago, Nano said:

Left, but without the woke.

So Economically Left and Socially Conservative? :rofl:

I'm a leftist 

3 hours ago, CottageHore said:

I mean ATRLers in here are a bunch of chronically online anyway so I'm not expecting anything from them who still living in mid 2010s :dies:

7 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

Centre left based on surveys. Though the extreme left like to call me "far-right". :toofunny3:

For the left extremists, everyone else is far-right :skull: 

9 hours ago, Peroxide said:

Very, very left.

Just to break it down... the left (generally) believe in:

• Free healthcare - nobody should have to go bankrupt for needing chemo
  • Not allowing billionaires to exist
  • Taking the issue of Global Warming seriously
  • Reducing income inequality
  • Protecting the wellbeing of queer people, the disabled, minorities etc
  • Protecting trans people
  • Unions
  • Workers Rights
  • Combatting systemic racism
  • Cracking down on gun violence
  • Cracking down on hate speech
  • Cracking down on monopolies
  • Not treating immigrants like absolute dog sh*t
  • Allowing women the right to choose

Whilst I appreciate a select few on the left can be insufferable, you've got to bring it back to the core values...

This. It seems trendy/cool to say you're a centrist or left (but not radically left), however, these concepts are not "radical" for most Americans. Who wouldn't agree that our country needs universal healthcare/healthcare for all?

I feel like unless you've directly been affected by these issues, it's okay to ignore them or act like they're unimportant. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.