Taylor's career is following Madonna's down to a T (proof inside)

Protocol

35 minutes ago, Madonno said:

Yeah but those extra 10-20M will be because of streams and not ACTUAL sales :sleep:

My point stand: worst selling album for Madonna , EROTICA, has the same sales that the average Taylor catalog.

Taylor hasn´t any single album with sales above 25M, or 20M, or 15M :skull: 

give it up, grandpa 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Chris

• Jay07

• Brando

Please stop comparing Madonna to that wet napkin. Madonna stands by her art,  Taylor edits her video because some hambeast got mad on Twitter :rip:

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

the hatred that Taylor Swift evokes in so many of y’all’s hearts is wildly entertaining :ahh:  for such a “safe, bland” artist she sure is polarizing as hell. 

The only thing that makes Taylor "polarizing" is the constant undermining of groundbreaking, boundary pushing artists to maker her look like the maverick her delusional fans think she is :skull:

Taylor is insanely successful, no one is denying that, but her career couldn't be more different than Madonna's in every way :rip:  Comparing the backlash of Erotica with Reputation is just.... chile.

Edited by Alongoria13

44 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

No

No

& No. 

Taylor could never

Oh Father, X-Static Procesa, Nothing Fails, Falling Free, Secret Garden, Cyberraja, Met Girl, What it Feels Like For A Girl, Paradise (Not For Me), Waiting, Bedtime Stories, Inside of Me, Sanctuary, Drowned World/Substitute For Love, Bad Girl.

:clap3:

10 hours ago, Alexz said:

:lmao:

3 hours ago, Same Ol' Mistakes said:

Sorry but:ahh:

3 hours ago, DiamondHoe said:

:rip:

3 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

:skull: 

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

im sorry but this literally made me laugh :rip:

okay i f*cking get it thanks, no need to be godd*mn redundant

sorry i’m just really not feeling it this morning. if that’s my opinion on taylor, then that’s my opinion, can we leave it alone and just let me be?

madonna but make it without the impact, legacy, cultural relevance, global fame, mature lyrics, timeless hits and memorable performances and looks

IJBOL:ahh:

Taylor has not even surpassed Britney's peak, what makes you think she is comparable to Madonna?

1 hour ago, Alongoria13 said:

The only thing that makes Taylor "polarizing" is the constant undermining of groundbreaking, boundary pushing artists to maker her look like the maverick her delusional fans think she is :skull:

Taylor is insanely successful, no one is denying that, but her career couldn't be more different than Madonna's in every way :rip:  Comparing the backlash of Erotica with Reputation is just.... chile.

Nah Taylor has been polarizing for over a decade. She tends to evoke REALLY negative feelings out of people, which in return elicits a massive wave of hardcore dedicated supporters. The girl hasn’t been a middle of the road as a public figure since 2009. She was voted as the most hated person in America in 2016 or 2017, over ******* Donald Trump and Bill Cosby at the time. Come on now. That’s the same type of  national vitriol Madonna was met with, I don’t care that it was for entirely different reasons. This thread is not stating Taylor is the provocateur that Madonna was. We know she isn’t. 

Her music can be called safe by y’all all you want, idc, but her validity as an artist and the substance of her art is the most discussed, whether for better or for worse, out of every single one of her peers. That alone puts her in the same vein of Madonna in my eyes. Sne was also a polarizing figure in pop culture (albeit for very different reasons) who garnered both immense support from her fans and, in contrast, a vast amount of disdain from her detractors.

4 hours ago, Redstreak said:

Taylor sweetie…

Madonna has a handful of fun singles but her “artistry” is shock jock value edgy music videos. Taylor’s whole albums are consumed as artistic statements, because music creation is an actual passion for her and not just a vehicle for “look at me!” visuals

The level of ignorance is just too much!! :rip:

59 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Come on now. That’s the same type of  national vitriol Madonna was met with, I don’t care that it was for entirely different reasons.

Sorry but I just started laughing out loud :bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Sorry but I just started laughing out loud :bibliahh:

Taylor being more hated than rapists, abusers, and literal scum human beings at one point in time all because women are more heavily scrutinized than men isn’t really a laughing matter. Like I said, Madonna took risks and invited those criticisms, while Taylor’s were unwarranted, but the end result was the same — extreme disdain for a colossal public figure who thankfully happened to have a strong enough fanbase for their career to overcome the backlash. 

Here's that 2016 list:

#1 Most Hated Celebrity: Taylor Swift. Who would have thought that America’s sweetheart would turn out to be Hollywood’s secret snake in the grass? Answer: Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Calvin Harris – and pretty much every man she’s ever dated! Taylor’s growing crowd of detractors are clamoring that her good girl image is just that… a carefully crafted fantasy, and that she’s actually a conniving mean girl who, most annoyingly of all, relentlessly plays the victim.

2. Kim Kardashian
3. Kanye West
4. Kylie Jenner
5. Kris Jenner
6. Khloe Kardashian
7. Kourtney Kardashain
8. Beyonce
9. Justin Bieber
10. Madonna
11. Jaden Smith
12. Katy Perry
13. Bill Cosby
14. Gwyneth Paltrow
15. Chris Brown

Like I said, Taylor invokes the same level of public disdain Madonna does. Both of them also rise above that vitriol and succeed anyways. Madonna being #10 on this list tells you just that. 

2 hours ago, JoeAg said:

okay i f*cking get it thanks, no need to be godd*mn redundant

sorry i’m just really not feeling it this morning. if that’s my opinion on taylor, then that’s my opinion, can we leave it alone and just let me be?

u want to make an ignorant comment and when people deservingly lash u then u wanna say leave me alone

no gurl,  take it

Like a Prayer (song) > Taylor's discography 

So no.

Edited by modeblock

14 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

this constant push to make Taylor out to be a legend :biblio: yes she has sales we get it!!!!!

Implying that Taylor only has sales in the year of 2022 is nothing but an embarrassment at this point :rip:

10 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

The only time Taylor actually tried to alienate her fanbase was when she remained silent during the Reputation era and never revealing if she was a conservative or not...and only did that the day AFTER her Reputation tour was over so she wouldn't lose her conservative fanbase while on tour. :ahh:

The conspiracy theories fff :zzz:

Reputation Tour - 2.1M tickets in the US after 4 months of sales 

The Eras Tour (after she came out as a democrat) - 2.4M ticket sales in a day from the pre-sales alone 

Give it a rest come up with something else 

5 hours ago, Madonno said:

Yeah but those extra 10-20M will be because of streams and not ACTUAL sales :sleep:

My point stand: worst selling album for Madonna , EROTICA, has the same sales that the average Taylor catalog.

Taylor hasn´t any single album with sales above 25M, or 20M, or 15M :skull: 

3 hours ago, SharonStone said:

Taylor has not even surpassed Britney's peak, what makes you think she is comparable to Madonna?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXcwYSXmHBP3VrMrl-upw

7 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXcwYSXmHBP3VrMrl-upw

unfortunately, no matter how much she makes music for 16 years olds, you guys are NOT 16, so you don’t get to use this with your 30 year old selves. Just an FYI. 

OT: She does have sales and awards, but nothing else, I’m actually shocked of the comparison. :wave:

MadonnasBoyfriend

Madonna hasent had a top ten hit in 10 years. Why would Taylor want that? 

2 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Like I said, Taylor invokes the same level of public disdain Madonna does. 

Tell me you're ignorant about Madonna's career and just pretend to get it on a surface level without telling me :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.