Homophobic tweet goes mega viral. Are we done?

Thickorita

11 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I hate this false dichotomy. Human rights are not “Western” values. 

well what definition of human rights do you use? Human rights as describes by western institutions like the UN are still western values.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Embustera

• katara

• A.R.L

3 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

Exactly! Because 8 Billion people use Twitter ??‍♂️

Right? 200k is indicative of very little.

12 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

their values: stoning gays to death :deadbanana2:

That's absolutely crazy. "Values" :rip:

Killing people is not a value.

30 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

well what definition of human rights do you use? Human rights as describes by western institutions like the UN are still western values.

And is Qatar part of the UN? Have you read the opening sentence of the UDHR?

Wow at least the man in the OP got some pushbacks on his replies

Maybe humanity deserves a bit of second chance

3 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

feels like elon brought all the incels and alt right crowd over to twitter :rip: 

And somehow some ATRLers in this thread still blaming leftist for this when average conservative christians in western countries have the same views as conservative muslims like the guy in the OP  :rip:

12 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I hate this false dichotomy. Human rights are not “Western” values. 

4 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

450k now

I perhaps I spoke an little too soon, this is so disheartening :biblio:

Who would choose the struggle of being different than most of their peers and grow up alienated and bullied? Kids kill themselves over this. These people are idiots.

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

And somehow some ATRLers in this thread still blaming leftist for this when average conservative christians in western countries have the same views as conservative muslims like the guy in the OP  :rip:

Exactly. Western conservatives share the same values with muslims yet view muslims as "savages" while they think of themselves as "better & more advanced" just because they happen to live in a liberal western country :rip:

Also if they hate western values & culture so much then why are they hosting a western culture event like football?

Edited by katara

6 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Imagine saying "most people are racist and you just have to deal with it". Yeah, that's why people are working to change outdated perceptions and prejudice. Are you homophobic? It certainly sounds like it.

By the way most people are not homophobic, it's just you. A Guardian poll said 62% don't want Qatar to have the world cup because of its stance on gay rights.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/07/six-in-10-in-uk-oppose-qatar-hosting-world-cup-over-anti-gay-laws

That poll doesn’t prove anything lol. Most people don’t care and still watch the World Cup.

I'm sorry. I was born this way and I am just trying to make the most of my life. And you know be happy like everyone wants to be.

If someone didn't fight for these basic human rights the whole world would still be like this.

1 hour ago, katara said:

Exactly. Western conservatives share the same values with muslims yet view muslims as "savages" while they think of themselves as "better & more advanced" just because they happen to live in a liberal western country :rip:

Girl, when was the last time a guy wearing rainbow shirt was denied entry to a soccer field in a liberal country, so that some conservative christians could show off?

Even in Russia, people were allowed in with rainbow flags. 

8 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

Girl, when was the last time a guy wearing rainbow shirt was denied entry to a soccer field in a liberal country, so that some conservative christians could show off?

Even in Russia, people were allowed in with rainbow flags. 

That is not at all the point of my post. Read again.

All I said was that conservative westerners think the same way as muslims living in arab countries.

Nowhere did I say that iberal countries treat gays the same way as arab countries.

However if conservative westerners had their way unopposed then western countries would treat gays the same way arab countries do. 

1 minute ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Yikes. Israel really is the only normal middle eastern country. 

An apartheid state is normal to you? 

16 hours ago, Ombre said:

But why should the West be the ones trying to enact change in foreign countries? If there is going to be progress in homophobic countries it needs to come from citizens themselves. How is a white person going to visit Qatar and be mad that they are homiphobic lol...

Because they wanted to host a mega-event that was created in the West. The clash was always going to happen. There should have been a common ground between the two.

35 minutes ago, katara said:

That is not at all the point of my post. Read again.

All I said was that conservative westerners think the same way as muslims living in arab countries.

Nowhere did I say that iberal countries treat gays the same way as arab countries.

However if conservative westerners had their way unopposed then western countries would treat gays the same way arab countries do. 

They also receive blacklash when something like this happen, but it feels bigger now because the problem is with the country in general. That's the point you and I are talking about. All this hate for Qatar because the country has zero tolerance, otherwise the criticism would be more specific to individuals and their religious beliefs rather than the entire country.

he could've "been gay in Qatar" all he wanted. this is a freedom of speech debate, not a human rights debate.

problem is, this guy thinks "existing as gay" means making sure everyone in Qatar knows he's gay :sosad:

the values in question: r*ping little girls & boys, selling girls & women into marriages & throwing homosexuals off of buildings!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.