Homophobic tweet goes mega viral. Are we done?

Thickorita

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Embustera

• katara

• A.R.L

Well he's right, they have their own values. However it is up to us to decide not to spend money or any kind of resources there. 

And people have the nerve to defend them and Islam in general. 

Honestly, Twitter has been a cesspool the last couple of weeks (more than usual) and today was the first day I actually gave genuine thought into deleting it. I've seen nothing but hateful tweets being spread around and propped up.

2 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

their values: stoning gays to death :deadbanana2:

And forcing women to veil themselves.

3 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Honestly, Twitter has been a cesspool the last couple of weeks (more than usual) and today was the first day I actually gave genuine thought into deleting it. I've seen nothing but hateful tweets being spread around and propped up.

it's turning into 4chan.

4 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

their values: stoning gays to death :deadbanana2:

Right???

Like would we say the same if slavery was still legal here? It was just the values of the time...

But why should the West be the ones trying to enact change in foreign countries? If there is going to be progress in homophobic countries it needs to come from citizens themselves. How is a white person going to visit Qatar and be mad that they are homiphobic lol...

Edited by Ombre

It out ratio’d the original tweet

Just now, anti-***** said:

it's turning into 4chan.

Idk I always felt Twitter has been like this. I mean everyone at the start of Twitter would post the most vile **** that would come to their mind. Thats why many dig up old tweets to cancel someone famous lol It’s always been 4chan lite

People are homophobic? Shocked and upset, more news at 10!

“We have the right to be violently homophobic! It’s our values!!!”

Imagine bribing officials to host a WORLD event but being completely intolerant to others

What was that man thinking going to QATAR with that shirt tho? :deadbanana2:

Qatar has a population of millions. The world has 8 billion. 200k is nothing.

people in the comments defending their right to ignorance and bigotry is just... :doc:

4 minutes ago, Yog said:

200k is hardly mega viral :rip:

There's "viral" tweets posted here with 5k likes in 2 months but 220k in 5 hours is not viral?  :rip:

Isn't it common sense to attend an event according to its "conditions"? It's the World Cup but there was already news that given Qatar's general reputation on this topic it wouldn't approve of such demonstrations, so the guy could have just gone with more regular clothes... it's a sports event, not everything has to be politicised...

I hate this false dichotomy. Human rights are not “Western” values. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.