Final HDD: Midnights to return to #1 (198k)

Cloröx

22 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Do the hillbillies leave Morgan's album on loop the whole day or what? 

Nice hold for Taylor, the album will probaby pass the 200k mark this week after the pre-sale.

yes i believe

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• PoisonedIvy

• Green

• Holiest Dreams

Certain bases must be fuming right now

sGB8Qgp.gif

That's kind of amazing for Louis Tomlinson?!?? That's not far from Niall's last album. Wow. Poor Liam Payne.

31 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Do the hillbillies leave Morgan's album on loop the whole day or what? How's he still pulling 40k almost 2 years in? Disgusting...

Nice hold for Taylor, the album will probaby pass the 200k mark this week after the pre-sale.

Nice drop for Drake, is less than 50%

The album is really really good tbh, it sounds like a Greatest Hits album, and yes a lot of people are listening, it's also 20+ tracks long

15 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Not Taylor already ahead of Drake's 2nd week i- :deadbanana4:

Looking at this Bruce Springsteen numbers make me realize how most of our older faves will flop with their next new studio albums: Madonna, Mariah, Janet, etc :deadbanana4:

He was doing relatively the same numbers as Madonna (without ticket bundles) when they release around the same time and now...35k debut is not what i expected tbh.

Madonna did 30,000 units first week with Finally Enough Love, and that was just a remix album. With her next proper album, she should be able to do 70,000 if she's lucky, which should be enough for number one on an average week.

It also comes down to what you describe as flopping. Kylie Minogue has never been big in the US but Disco became her highest charting album in a decade and its first week numbers would be enough for a top 20 debut this week (around number 18), and that was after the rules change. I'm sure reaching 'only' the top 20 would be considered flopping for Madonna, Mariah, Celine etc. but if you look at it from the point of view that a 50+ woman predominantly appealing to a niche gay audience made the top 20 with her new album released 35+ years into her career I think the scale of success seems far more massive.

Edited by ithinkheknowsoutsold

Happy for GloRilla.

Let me stream it throughout the week.

I want Nas to get top 10, too but he has enough.

Glo Rilla better secure a top 10 album and single in 2022.:heart:

Taylor already outselling Drake :bibliahh:

Great for both acts, but Taylor is just out of proportion. :deadbanana: 

Drake must be mad about this :dies:

Get a 3rd #1 week Taylor!!

Louis Tomlinson decent debut :clap3:specially the pure sales

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

That's kind of amazing for Louis Tomlinson?!?? That's not far from Niall's last album. Wow. Poor Liam Payne.

kinda shocking that louis and niall can get multiple top 10 albums, while zayn who had a #1 song/album, can't get a 2nd top 40 album.

If you told me years ago that Louis and Niall would do better than Zayn and Liam I wouldn't believe it  :skull:

Ugh Bad Bunny is going to drop below Morgan eventually :monkey: How is it still doing 40k?

Very decent showings from Glorilla :omg:

3 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Not Midnights 4th week only doing 6k more than 30’s 4th week :deadbanana2:

30’s 4th week was the week before Christmas. You can’t compare the 2 weeks. Midnights should have far more longevity than 30 had.

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Not Taylor already ahead of Drake's 2nd week i- :deadbanana4:

Looking at this Bruce Springsteen numbers make me realize how most of our older faves will flop with their next new studio albums: Madonna, Mariah, Janet, etc :deadbanana4:

He was doing relatively the same numbers as Madonna (without ticket bundles) when they release around the same time and now...35k debut is not what i expected tbh.

Madonna and Janet’s projects would PROBABLY still garner more sales and definitely more streams.

9 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Not Midnights 4th week only doing 6k more than 30’s 4th week :deadbanana2:

FKPmPD3XIAcAGIk?format=jpg&name=900x900

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.