Taylor Swift removes 'fatphobic' scene from music video; fat activists rejoice

Daydream

It’s funny cos the video still has the exact same effect even without the scene. In fact it’s even less cheesy. 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daydream

• Communion

• Headlock

• awesomepossum

These people aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. They completely missed the point. 

fat activists :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Cheers said:

fat activists :deadbanana2:

This is what they call themselves, btw. 

The way everyone in the real world is laughing at them in this situation :redface:

The rise of chronically online people/discourse is only getting worse.

if this is what gives them a lil bit of joy in their sad fat lives let them have it i guess

I hope I don't get another warning and post limitation, but there is a certain subset of mostly white, mostly women on twitter that happen to be considered not conventionally beautiful by society standards (in this case - f a t), and need to feel like they are a minority, so they serve victimization regarding every little thing while putting on the hat of an activist to add some morality to their stances as well:deadbanana2::deadbanana4:

The fatties won y’all

You’re telling me this isn’t satire…? :deadbanana2: 

I don’t care either way about this change (and I’m fat af), but the irony of bullying her into removing the word and then using it themselves as if they are reclaiming ownership of it (see f*g, n*****) is just too much 

They don’t understand how storytelling works :hoetenks:

Why not using that energy to lose the fat ass :hoetenks:

Edited by Totami Legend

The only thing they caused is that people bully them (more). They have achieved the opposite effect. 

Edited by bliaz

5 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

I hope I don't get another warning and post limitation, but there is a certain subset of mostly white, mostly women on twitter that happen to be considered not conventionally beautiful by society standards (in this case - f a t), and need to feel like they are a minority, so they serve victimization regarding every little thing while putting on the hat of an activist to add some morality to their stances as well:deadbanana2::deadbanana4:

this reminds of people freaking out about the viral video of the Asian guy asking to hug the Koreaboo girl and then he rejected her when he felt that she was fat :rip: 

It’s so hilarious to me when people fall for the “awww she learned and she’s growing! She did the right thing!” as if she didn’t just cut this scene to prevent getting cancelled and then moved on and hasn’t thought about this since like y’all get so mad for the weirdest **** and then receive most insincere pandering and think you’re revolutionizing the world and forcing people to grow :dies:

Edited by CottageHore

Fat folks got y'all so bothered

These fat people trying to equate being called fat to slurs such as f*g or the n-word are absolutely appalling and need to be put into their place

4 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Didn't one of those people call fat people a "marginalized group"? :redface:

:rip:

taylor played them for fools. she removed the word fat to shut them up (while refusing to actually acknowledge their issue or give them the attention they clearly crave) and now they have no choice but to stan her lol

36 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

It’s funny cos the video still has the exact same effect even without the scene. In fact it’s even less cheesy. 

If you think about it, its more offensive now. because the "fat" on the scale was clearly ridiculous and her being hard on herself, since she is in fact, not fat:dies:

now, she's just judging her current weight :dies:

22 minutes ago, Cheers said:

this reminds of people freaking out about the viral video of the Asian guy asking to hug the Koreaboo girl and then he rejected her when he felt that she was fat :rip: 

I mean it was messy that that guy pressed the button after hugging each girl to see if she’s fat or not (have some tact ffs) but ppl on twitter we’re putting that on equal footing as being a race fetishiser:mummy:

18 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Didn't one of those people call fat people a "marginalized group"? :redface:

How can they be marginalized when they're quite literally the majority:deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.