Sam Smith - ‘Gloria’

Nefertiti0

8 minutes ago, Yog said:

To be fair, no else has uploaded their Grammy performances 

true but this was THE most talked about performance of the night :jonny5: its feels like they could be doing more but idk :giraffe:

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• Nefertiti0

• Cqmerqn

• selena_lavigne

Sooo... Who has the target bonus tracks?:gaycat5:

So the current single is for sure a flop. 

Lose You is the smash. I’ve seen the light and I’m streaming nonstop.

4 hours ago, FAN said:

Lose You MV was shot and it’s not too late 

@FAN  It’s very obvious “Unholy” is main focus even tho, “I’m Not Here To Make Friends” is being used to launch the album, where it’s not working…

“Lose You” is the 4th most streamed song on Gloria and it has an recently released lyric video, It was also rumored back in November that an MV was shot, I think it’s definitely becoming an single, In this streaming era, singles do all the work… it’s not too late for another smash to save the album 

Had a number one hit, yet still had the worst opening numbers. I’d say this one will spend about 15 weeks on the chart. Gimme was a horrible song and horrible song choice. That should’ve never gotten released. It flopped for good reasons. The new single sounds promising. But I don’t see it being anymore than a diamonds 2.0 run. Unholy was just a fluke because it was different, hot, and great production and lyrics. It’s going to be hard for Sam to top it bc Sam has been flopping consistently since the last album.

20 minutes ago, Price88 said:

Had a number one hit, yet still had the worst opening numbers. I’d say this one will spend about 15 weeks on the chart. Gimme was a horrible song and horrible song choice. That should’ve never gotten released. It flopped for good reasons. The new single sounds promising. But I don’t see it being anymore than a diamonds 2.0 run. Unholy was just a fluke because it was different, hot, and great production and lyrics. It’s going to be hard for Sam to top it bc Sam has been flopping consistently since the last album.

Love Goes is literally platinum in the USA, that’s literally over 7M in overall units not to mention being Sam second most streamed album.

As I mentioned, “unholy” is clearly still an main priority with Sam not performing the new single in the Grammys or Brit’s, plus with an the deluxe, some sure Sam Can snatch another hit somehow.

2 hours ago, Yog said:

As I mentioned, “unholy” is clearly still an main priority with Sam not performing the new single in the Grammys or Brit’s, plus with an the deluxe, some sure Sam Can snatch another hit somehow.

This is the key word here. 

Edited by Cqmerqn

3 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

This is the key word here. 

It can be achieved…

On 2/12/2023 at 1:42 AM, Yog said:

To be fair, no else has uploaded their Grammy performances 

Grammy performaces were uploaded on Facebook on individual artist pages on Feb 6: https://www.facebook.com/samsmithworld/videos/1170101130536193/
but all are geoblocked and available only for US viewers.
Last year Grammys signed an exclusive deal with Facebook and all performances were only available on Facebook for a few weeks and also geoblocked.

4 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Grammy performaces were uploaded on Facebook on individual artist pages on Feb 6: https://www.facebook.com/samsmithworld/videos/1170101130536193/
but all are geoblocked and available only for US viewers.
Last year Grammys signed an exclusive deal with Facebook and all performances were only available on Facebook for a few weeks and also geoblocked.

I didn’t know this 

So the album has been out long enough for me to rank Sam's albums: 

ITLH>LG>Glo>>>>>TTOIA.  

Gloria would've been ranked equal to LG if it had more tracks.  The album is just super short.  

20 hours ago, Hooligan said:

ITLH>LG>Glo>>>>>TTOIA.  

Gloria would've been ranked equal to LG if it had more tracks.  The album is just super short.  

The thrill of it all has no peace, one last song and too good at goodbyes. 
the holy trinity in their discography.

Love goes and Gloria WISH…

Btw why is Sam still only promoting unholy? Grammys and Brit performances? Such an overkill…:noparty:

22 hours ago, Hooligan said:

ITLH>LG>Glo>>>>>TTOIA.  

1 hour ago, Aslan said:

The thrill of it all has no peace, one last song and too good at goodbyes. 
the holy trinity in their discography.

Love goes and Gloria WISH…

Btw why is Sam still only promoting unholy? Grammys and Brit performances? Such an overkill…:noparty:

Like I said, an deluxe is coming to Fix EVERYTHING 

TTOIA>INTLH>GLO=LG

Edited by Yog

Top 5:

Unholy

Not Here to Make Friends

Gimmie

Gloria

Lose You

the rest are ok, the one with Ed is trash

3 hours ago, babyboy44 said:

Top 5:

Unholy

Not Here to Make Friends

Gimmie

Gloria

Lose You

the rest are ok, the one with Ed is trash

Well….

On 2/14/2023 at 3:34 AM, Yog said:

Love Goes is literally platinum in the USA, that’s literally over 7M in overall units not to mention being Sam second most streamed album.

Love goes is only paltinym because of its previously released singles latched on the record just like Ellie's brightest Blue which is nearly eligible for paltinum as well

49 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Love goes is only paltinym because of its previously released singles latched on the record just like Ellie's brightest Blue which is nearly eligible for paltinum as well

While LG will go 2xP pretty soon, still a successfully Album and why this the singles method bad? most people don’t listen to albums nowadays, singles are the bread winners especially in this streaming age 

3 hours ago, Yog said:

Well….

a whole ass mess 😂

2 hours ago, Yog said:

While LG will go 2xP pretty soon, still a successfully Album and why this the singles method bad? most people don’t listen to albums nowadays, singles are the bread winners especially in this streaming age 

i agree with all of this. unfortunately some artists are just singles artists nowerdays. but that is where most of the money comes from.

ellie and sam use to be album artists but they unfortunately trasitioned to singles artists.

album artists are like olivia rodrigo, taylor, sza etc.

17 minutes ago, Delirious said:

ellie and sam use to be album artists but they unfortunately trasitioned to singles artists.

Unfortunately yeah, but whatever Sam seemingly always gets them hits every era 

1 hour ago, babyboy44 said:

a whole ass mess 😂

Soccer Mom Anthem Coming 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 5:54 PM, FAN said:

it just came out and unholy is still doing it's thing stop this narrative

On 2/12/2023 at 10:24 PM, Yog said:

@FAN  It’s very obvious “Unholy” is main focus even tho, “I’m Not Here To Make Friends” is being used to launch the album, where it’s not working…

“Lose You” is the 4th most streamed song on Gloria and it has an recently released lyric video, It was also rumored back in November that an MV was shot, I think it’s definitely becoming an single, In this streaming era, singles do all the work… it’s not too late for another smash to save the album 

you do realize the album is doing just fine right? yourre acting like it was dead on arrival the dramatics

On 2/13/2023 at 11:10 AM, Price88 said:

the overreaction. gimme was a promo single. not an actual single. for any single to have a diamonds run would be a success for anyone. they always get a hit here or there so for you to make it seem like they're in some sort of jeopardy makes no sense. chill

On 2/25/2023 at 10:29 PM, Delirious said:

welcome to the streaming era meanwhile olivia can't even drop an album

On 2/26/2023 at 2:15 AM, Delirious said:

i agree with all of this. unfortunately some artists are just singles artists nowerdays. but that is where most of the money comes from.

album artists are like olivia rodrigo, taylor, sza etc.

olivia can't be put in that category since she only came out with one album. let's see how she fares next time around. ellie and sam have taken breaks inbetween albums. also unlike sam, ellie has been terribly mismanaged and not promoted properly. 

14 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

you do realize the album is doing just fine right? yourre acting like it was dead on arrival the dramatics

How? ☠️