Sam Smith - ‘Gloria’

Nefertiti0

8 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

I think you’re massively overthinking this lol. I am sorry to inform you that I do not sit down and analyse why Sam lost 1.4% streams overnight. 

im not simply just responding back to you lol

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• Nefertiti0

• Cqmerqn

• selena_lavigne

:mazen: Gloria’s best track is coming to SMASH!!!

Edited by Yog

I’ve been booping to Lose You recently. The problem with the album is that it’s not cohesive at all :'( 

10 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

I’ve been booping to Lose You recently. The problem with the album is that it’s not cohesive at all :'( 

I wanted an album full of lose you's :monkey:

6 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

I don’t understand why keep saying this when Love Goes has an even worse pacing/cohesion yet everyone on socials seems to love that album, I think Gloria is just getting hate because of Sam’s image, their nothing wrong with this album, it’s Sam’s second highest MC scored album 

Edited by Yog

3 hours ago, Yog said:

I don’t understand why keep saying this when Love Goes has an even worse pacing/cohesion yet everyone on socials seems to love that album, I think Gloria is just getting hate because of Sam’s image, their nothing wrong with this album, it’s Sam’s second highest MC scored album 

I don’t care for Love Goes either. Gloria is just a different version of that album. A few standouts but not cohesive. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Aslan said:

@Yog

i wonder who it is? :ninja:

It’s either Madonna or Anitta

Ooh, are they attempting another TikTok hit, or is it featuring an icon/someone they really to work with which won’t be pushed as a single?

As for the album, I never go back to it :cries:. I tried last week and had to switch off half way through. Such a shame as Sam Smith is one of my fave artists.

2 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

Ooh, are they attempting another TikTok hit, or is it featuring an icon/someone they really to work with which won’t be pushed as a single?

As for the album, I never go back to it :cries:. I tried last week and had to switch off half way through. Such a shame as Sam Smith is one of my fave artists.

it’s fine, I personally believe Sam will release an new album next year anyway, in the meantime they need to get “Lose You” into streaming platforms 

I wonder how their next album will sound. I love their upbeat stuff, but also love the slow songs. That’s why Love Goes was perfect.

1 hour ago, Cqmerqn said:

Same. I liked all of Sams albums especially Love Goes and the pre-released tracks but Gloria wasn't for me. It has a couple nice tracks but overall it's a mess and feels rushed.

On 4/21/2023 at 1:51 PM, Yog said:

Love Goes>>>>Gloria quality wise. period

It's sad how UNHOLY's slayage didn't translate to ALBUM Success.. hoping that one track will catch fire

this album is not my fave from SAM tho

it's between LOVE GOES and IN THE LONELY HOUR.. Bops VS Ballads

At the end of the day, Gloria was an experimental album that clearly didn’t work out in the long run, the tour was doing well so obviously people didn’t like the album but still willing to see Sam..

I reckon many of these tracks were leftovers from Love Goes and quickly rushed it with the success of Unholy. They probs knew that they had to strike whilst the iron was hot. 

2 hours ago, Cqmerqn said:

I reckon many of these tracks were leftovers from Love Goes and quickly rushed it with the success of Unholy. They probs knew that they had to strike whilst the iron was hot. 

No they were making an album that was taking an lengthy amount of time 

22 hours ago, Yog said:

At the end of the day, Gloria was an experimental album that clearly didn’t work out in the long run, the tour was doing well so obviously people didn’t like the album but still willing to see Sam..

What's experimental about this album? 

2 minutes ago, Soul Glitch said:

What's experimental about this album? 

Hyper pop lead single (much different sound Sam has done), little to no piano ballads esc…

It’s execution May be lackluster for some but I appreciate the boldness and yes I see one day Sam will release an dance album 

At least half of the album is still slowish.

Love Me More

No God

Perfect

How To Cry

Six Shots

Gloria

Who We Love

If we remove interludes, this means that we’re left with 4 songs that aren’t slow. I find it hard to believe that this took a long time to create, because it does sound like a Love Goes b-side. Every song on the album (bar Unholy) would’ve sounded fine on Love Goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Anitta ft. Sam Smith "Boss/Funk Rave" has been registered
anit.jpg

4 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Anitta ft. Sam Smith "Boss/Funk Rave" has been registered
anit.jpg

Quick question where did you grab this?