Sam Smith - ‘Gloria’

Nefertiti0

On 2/27/2023 at 11:05 PM, Yog said:

So apparently Sam & Anitta are collaborating 

idk how i feel about this... unless they serve us something like dancing with a stranger then keep it

26 minutes ago, Yog said:

How? ☠️

when you say stuff like "I’m Not Here To Make Friends is being used to launch the album, where it’s not working… and it’s not too late for another smash to save the album" that's how

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• Nefertiti0

• Cqmerqn

• selena_lavigne

3 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

idk how i feel about this... unless they serve us something like dancing with a stranger then keep it

when you say stuff like "I’m Not Here To Make Friends is being used to launch the album, where it’s not working… and it’s not too late for another smash to save the album" that's how

That’s true, Especially with the deluxe coming pretty soon 

• 4 weeks later...

special edition next wednesday

14. Kissing You

15. Heavenly Sent

and then like 7 more live versions

7 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

14. Kissing You

15. Heavenly Sent

These are cute songs, they’re on the vinyl. 

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

14. Kissing You

15. Heavenly Sent

the same Apple Music edition + bonus?

2 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

14. Kissing You

15. Heavenly Sent

Thank you but ugh... disappointing. I was hoping for unreleased tracks. 

3 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

14. Kissing You

15. Heavenly Sent

NOO!!!!!!

Lose You is could very likely become an single, Sam is using it a lot in their social medias 

57 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

Thank you but ugh... disappointing. I was hoping for unreleased tracks. 

I’m sad but what ever, Sam wants an cohesive body of work, “Lose You” somewhat coming to revive the era :coffee2:

Imagine having Lose You & playing it dust. Such terrible choices this era.

56 minutes ago, Power love said:

Imagine having Lose You & playing it dust. Such terrible choices this era.

It’s becoming an single…

8 minutes ago, Yog said:

It’s becoming an single…

:clap3:Taste won!

1 minute ago, Power love said:

:clap3:Taste won!

I was told capitol/Sam we’re thinking of making it an single, looks it’s happening with the recent usage, I hope they shot an decent & SAFE MV

1 hour ago, Yog said:

I was told capitol/Sam we’re thinking of making it an single, looks it’s happening with the recent usage, I hope they shot an decent & SAFE MV

Me too. We don’t need no drama with this release.

8 minutes ago, Power love said:

Me too. We don’t need no drama with this release.

Sad thing about INHTMF it does an 500k daily streams and 30M from reaching 100M on Spotify, proving it certainly would’ve become an hit if it wasn’t for the backlash, Sam just needs to stop trying to be controversial, it doesn’t work I appreciate the attempt and experimentation but stop…

4 hours ago, Yog said:

Sad thing about INHTMF it does an 500k daily streams and 30M from reaching 100M on Spotify, proving it certainly would’ve become an hit if it wasn’t for the backlash, Sam just needs to stop trying to be controversial, it doesn’t work I appreciate the attempt and experimentation but stop…

Or just let them be free (I’m sure they’d appreciate it if you did). Just because they’re flopping doesn’t mean that they should go back to being “safe”. They don’t need hits anymore. 

1 hour ago, Cqmerqn said:

Or just let them be free (I’m sure they’d appreciate it if you did). Just because they’re flopping doesn’t mean that they should go back to being “safe”. They don’t need hits anymore. 

True, but having more in the future wouldn’t hurt which is still achievable, it’s just feel sam  could’ve be expressive without alienating people in the worst possible way, again I’m very proud of them regardless.

Edited by Yog

2 minutes ago, getfree2017 said:

DOA

Yes, we already pretty much figured that…

1 hour ago, Yog said:

True, but having more in the future wouldn’t hurt which is still achievable, it’s just feel sam  could’ve be expressive without alienating people in the worst possible way, again I’m very proud of them regardless.

Nah I disagree. Yes, every single person on the planet could have future hits. Nothing is out of the question. But a quick hit is worth nothing (look at Unholy, one of the biggest hits of the decade, yet did nothing for them).

They’d be better off feeling comfortable releasing music they want to release and I’m sure they can re-build a solid dedicated LGBT fanbase.

3 hours ago, Cqmerqn said:

Nah I disagree. Yes, every single person on the planet could have future hits. Nothing is out of the question. But a quick hit is worth nothing (look at Unholy, one of the biggest hits of the decade, yet did nothing for them).

They’d be better off feeling comfortable releasing music they want to release and I’m sure they can re-build a solid dedicated LGBT fanbase.

Unholy must definitely had pros for their careers:

1. Receiving their first USA #1

2. Receiving an 5th Grammy after years of undeserved snubbing.

I’m very curious how the tour is gonna do it’s pre sales could be better in the UK but it’s sold out in the rest of Europe and doing amazing in USA, And yeah it’s not impossible for Sam to re-build an new fandom 

Edited by Yog

"Heavenly Sent" is breathtakingly beautiful. Sam at their finest. :smitten:

So glad we got these two songs on streaming. 

On 4/9/2023 at 2:42 AM, Cqmerqn said:

you say this but the second they start here ya come with the essays. let's be real alot of your care about stats. its one thing to be free but if you seriously think that everything that they've been doing this era isn't to draw attention and raise headlines then you're sadly mistaken

On 4/9/2023 at 5:26 AM, Cqmerqn said:

how are you gonna say them having their biggest hit did nothing for them? it was a huge hit. got us our first trans popstar to get mainstream success. and across all metrics did the damn thing.

On 4/9/2023 at 9:14 AM, Yog said:

I’m very curious how the tour is gonna do it’s pre sales could be better in the UK but it’s sold out in the rest of Europe and doing amazing in USA, And yeah it’s not impossible for Sam to re-build an new fandom 

i wouldn't say sam has lost "fans" persay because to people the music is still good. they're just not a fan of the aesthetic or want to invest personally anymore

6 hours ago, elvenOCEAN said:

"Heavenly Sent" is breathtakingly beautiful. Sam at their finest. :smitten:

So glad we got these two songs on streaming. 

I wouldn’t mind that song being an single tbh 

4 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

you say this but the second they start here ya come with the essays. let's be real alot of your care about stats. its one thing to be free but if you seriously think that everything that they've been doing this era isn't to draw attention and raise headlines then you're sadly mistaken

how are you gonna say them having their biggest hit did nothing for them? it was a huge hit. got us our first trans popstar to get mainstream success. and across all metrics did the damn thing.

i wouldn't say sam has lost "fans" persay because to people the music is still good. they're just not a fan of the aesthetic or want to invest personally anymore

I think you’re massively overthinking this lol. I am sorry to inform you that I do not sit down and analyse why Sam lost 1.4% streams overnight.