BTW outstreaming Bey's discography (sans Renaissance). Why?

Hot Volcano

Just now, Rotunda said:

Then why did Chromatica last less weeks in the Top 10? Why did Renaissance’s Week 2 streams outdo Chromatica’s Week 1 streams? Why is Renaissance continuing to pull more units in a worse sales climate without bundles?

Because Renaissance is more succcesful. I’m not denying that. 

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BnPac

• Hot Volcano

• bijonse

• GraceRandolph

1 minute ago, DonnieDarko said:

@Blue Rose, again, Spotify did get much bigger than what it was in 2020. Numbers don’t lie. Renaissance did not stomp on Chromatica, Chromatica did get better numbers on its debut week. Renaissance is doing better now thanks to TikTok. However, to be fair, it doesn’t have visuals so it’s impressive tbh. 

@DonnieDarko I think you’re confused. We are on planet earth right now, not on Chromatica. 
but have a good evening!

Just now, DonnieDarko said:

Because Renaissance is more succcesful. I’m not denying that. 

Numbers don’t lie. Renaissance did not stomp on Chromatica, Chromatica did get better numbers on its debut week” - You, lying (2022)

Just now, Rotunda said:

Numbers don’t lie. Renaissance did not stomp on Chromatica, Chromatica did get better numbers on its debut week” - You, lying (2022)

Reading is fundamental. Chromatica did have slightly better streaming numbers for the first week. Week. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

@DonnieDarko I think you’re confused. We are on planet earth right now, not on Chromatica. 
but have a good evening!

Ok, so Chromatica did have better first week numbers on Spotify. Better? Thank you and have a nice evening to you as well.

:heart:

4 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Reading is fundamental. Chromatica did have slightly better streaming numbers for the first week. Week. 

Renaissance had better streaming numbers overall week 1. 

Renaissance: 179.06 million streams Week 1 (US)

Chromatica: 87.16 million streams Week 1 (US)

Edited by Rotunda

2 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Renaissance had better streaming numbers overall week 1. 

I’m sorry, we were talking about Spotify specifically. So Chromatica had better streaming numbers overall week 1. But why is that important to you when we already agreed on the fact that Renaissance is doing better now. 

Edited by DonnieDarko

36 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Chromatica did much better numbers on its debut thank Renaissance

3 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Chromatica did have slightly better streaming numbers for the first week. 

This is a lot of growth in 30min. We went from much better to slightly :clap3:

and of course you are choosing to ignore Apple Music where Bey did 10x more streams. Where is BeyAdmired when you need him? :lmao: 

Just now, DonnieDarko said:

I’m sorry, we were talking about Spotify specifically. So Chromatica had better streaming numbers overall week 1. But why is that important to you, tho when we already agreed on the fact that Renaissance is doing better now. 

Do you know what the word overall means?

Just now, Rotunda said:

Do you know what the word overall means?

Spotify. I’m still learning English, sorry.

1 minute ago, DonnieDarko said:

I’m sorry, we were talking about Spotify specifically. So Chromatica had better streaming numbers overall week 1. But why is that important to you, tho when we already agreed on the fact that Renaissance is doing better now. 

So you admit Renaissance did over double Chromatica’s streams Week 1 in the US?

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

This is a lot of growth in 30min. We went from much better to slightly :clap3:

and of course you are choosing to ignore Apple Music where Bey did 10x more streams. Where is BeyAdmired when you need him? :lmao: 

Yeah, because you provided receipts and I even thanked you for that. Are you with me? How many times it happens to you on this site that someone is admitting to be wrong after providing receipts? Lol. I did. Chromatica did a bit under 2M better than Renaissance on its first week on Spotify. Again, thank you!

4 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Yeah, because you provided receipts and I even thanked you for that. Are you with me? How many times it happens to you on this site that someone is admitting to be wrong after providing receipts? Lol. I did. Chromatica did a bit under 2M better than Renaissance on its first week on Spotify. Again, thank you!

But your initial statement was that Chromatica did much better than Renaissance on its debut week. You didn’t specify spotify or deezer or anghami or apple music. It was a general statement. And then, you added that Renaissance is now only doing better because of Tiktok, which is shady and false.

You just moved the goal posts after being corrected :deadbanana4:

Edited by Blue Rose

Daaaamn Cuff It really has some people mad. I’ve never seen this site so upset at Bey as these past few weeks 

Edited by family.guy123

6 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

Lemonade - 478,000

Joanne - 433,079

I'm more surprised at Lemonade being in range of Joanne. :rip:

Not Beyoncé's hit album getting nearly outstreamed by Gaga's flop album :ahh:

the way all those numbers probably came from tidal.

also Beyonce stans are only able to go off topic and deflecting. They are fuming :mummy: Suprised no beyhive said that it's racist to talk about spotify:rip:

7 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Not Beyoncé's hit album getting nearly outstreamed by Gaga's flop album :ahh:

the way all those numbers probably came from tidal.

also Beyonce stans are only able to go off topic and deflecting. They are fuming :mummy: Suprised no beyhive said that it's racist to talk about spotify:rip:

Talk about a contradiction. You derail almost every Bey related thread with your off topic, deluded nonsense. Why don't you try celebrating the success of two talented and successful women rather than bringing another down to prove a point? A quick look through your post history clearly shows just how spiteful and incessant you are. There are multiple examples of you bringing up Bey where there is no place for it and completely off topic. Perhaps take your own advice?

1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

@Blue Rose

nah, Spotify in q2 of 2020 had 138M of paid subscribers and 345M of monthly active users. Spotify in q2 of 2022 had 188M of paid subscribers and 433M of monthly active users. So no, Spotify did not get smaller. 

Thanks for the stats tho. Chromatica did better, not much better. Sorry. Again, it just didn’t get the TikTok smash. Congrats to Bey. 

Nnn, you guys need to stop with this "Spotify inflation" :dies:

A bigger userbase when the userbase is already huge doesn't necessarily translate into more users streaming any given album/song.

1. Growth comes from completely different regions where music taste is completely different.

2. Users =/= active users. As people gain access to the platform plenty also stop using it but still have accounts. So the userbase grows but actual usage can fall.

"As noted on Rolling Stone earlier this year, the cumulative amount of plays accumulated by America’s top five audio streaming artists in the first half of this year was around 100 million smaller than that racked up by the equivalent top five acts from H1 2018.

This, despite the U.S.’ overall audio music stream playcount rising 28 percent year-on-year. "

2019 and 2021 both saw the biggest songs achieve 1.1bn streams despite huge gains in userbase. 

Both albums debuted eesentially the same, its not worth arguing over. Renaissance obviously performed better in the long run though 

Edited by Otter

These numbers are tragic for both of them :rip: at least Beyoncé has an excuse that she was on tidal for years and her new album is kinda still doing numbers so she wins :sorry: 

3 minutes ago, benyonce said:

Talk about a contradiction. You derail almost every Bey related thread with your off topic, deluded nonsense. Why don't you try celebrating the success of two talented and successful women rather than bringing another down to prove a point? A quick look through your post history clearly shows just how spiteful and incessant you are. There are multiple examples of you bringing up Bey where there is no place for it and completely off topic. Perhaps take your own advice?

But do you have something to say about BTW outstreaming Beyoncé's discography?:lakitu:

5 hours ago, thismoment said:

smile outstreaming lemonade and joanne :deadbanana2:

time,the ultimate truth teller:ahh: 

Edited by halcyonday

1 minute ago, Zaram said:

But do you have something to say about BTW outstreaming Beyoncé's discography?:lakitu:

Her old discography... 

The Chromatica Ball did what it needed to do. Also Renaissance has Beyonce audience in a choke hold, so instead of her streams being spread across her discography they're concentrated on her newest release. BTW era was lowkey forgotten until recently wherw bits have gone viral + the tour.  The album is deservedly is getting its flowers.... Judas almost outsreaming the tacky BTW is a win.

When Bey tours her discography will have a nice boost.

Beyonce music is product of it time, it mostly age terrible.

Savage remix performed better than ROM on Hot100, now it is getting outsreamed by Stupid Love :deadbanana2:

With the exception of Halo and 4, everything released by her has aged like milk. Good chart performances, but a year or two after people don't want to listen her songs anymore. 

Edited by zoldyck

13 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Beyonce music is product of it time, it mostly age terrible.

I agree. 

She keeps letting her writers write trendy slangs that gets outdated (ST/Lem) after a year or two, so they are mostly cringey to listen to these days, same will happen with Rena.

17 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Savage remix performed better than ROM on Hot100, now it is getting outsreamed by Stupid Love :deadbanana2:

:deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.