BTW outstreaming Bey's discography (sans Renaissance). Why?

Hot Volcano

The Little Monsters are stuck in 2011 which is understandable since that was the last time Gaga was successful :rip:

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BnPac

• Hot Volcano

• bijonse

• GraceRandolph

has chromatica even been certified platinum? gaga hasn’t had a hit album

since 2011… be fr!:bibliahh:

4 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

Lemonade - 478,000

Joanne - 433,079

I'm more surprised at Lemonade being in range of Joanne. :rip:

:rip:

No wonder this thread got them seething so hard they all RAN to a different thread to discuss Chromatica vs Renaissance yet again  :ahh:

OT: BTW is timeless and will only get bigger as years pass, it's what her best album deserves :clap3:

It's so funny to see OGHs who clowned BTW's recurrent streams for a long time eating crow tho :lmao:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

Destiny's Child The Writings On The Wall (1999) - 524,452

Destiny's Child Survivor (2001) - 430,702

not Destiny's Child kinda tugging @ Bey's streams

20 minutes ago, fentypark said:

has chromatica even been certified platinum? gaga hasn’t had a hit album

since 2011… be fr!:bibliahh:

Chromatica is eligible for platinum status and I’m afraid A Star Is Born is her album and a timeless success story, no matter how many creative ways haters try and downplay / avoid it completely.

11 minutes ago, Cheers said:

People said they want to listen to the hits!

(Plus 90s / turn of the millennium pop nostalgia and I imagine strong playlisting.)

Edited by Jessie

Born This Way album getting the love it deserves, I know that's right!

Yeah those are pretty pathetic recurrent streams for Beyonce's discography. But Renaissance is holding up quite well so far. I imagine it's not having too much of a positive effect on her past albums because of the divergence in sound between them. 

30 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

:rip:

No wonder this thread got them seething so hard they all RAN to a different thread to discuss Chromatica vs Renaissance yet again  :ahh:

OT: BTW is timeless and will only get bigger as years pass, it's what her best album deserves :clap3:

It's so funny to see OGHs who clowned BTW's recurrent streams for a long time eating crow tho :lmao:

Love how it's the dark electronic bops that are boosting the album. Even the deep cuts like Government Hooker and Bloody Mary. Justice served!

5 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

Lemonade - 478,000

Joanne - 433,079

I'm more surprised at Lemonade being in range of Joanne. :rip:

The way her getting "hits" and releasing a brand new alhum recently did nothing for her old catalog,

I guess her discography aged like milk LMAO:deadbanana4:

Edited by Rhiannon

Because nostalgic factors. Her last few albums doing horrible numbers, and the streams skewed towards BTW and her Greatest Hits Debut Studio Album shows that the GP misses the old Gaga. 

25 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Even Destiny's Child music is outstreaming Lemonade these days, that album is so forgotten :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

The way her getting "hits" and releasing a brand new alhum recently did nothing for her old catalog,

They're all over a billion streams so it's far from forgotten. Never forget that her ancient albums like DIL,Bday and TWOTW get to 1B faster than Artpop and BTW. 

We'll see how REN and CHROT do one year after their release so The Little Racists better don't get too cocky. 

4 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

except they do, since ya know 4 has oustreamed BTW. Beyonce in general has more Spotify streams than Gaga

even her current album is doing better than Chromatica was at this point 

You forget one thing, Spotify 2 years ago was smaller, had less subscribers (and Chromatica did much better numbers on its debut thank Renaissance). Just lacked a TikTok smash. But I’m not taking sides, I love both Bey and Gaga so yeah.

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

Yall are slow in the head.

Im convinced, from the username on down, just slow.

Wow. You guys need to stop with the personal attacks and racism accusations. It’s offensive at this point, and hurtful. 

20 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

aged like milk to become a delicious cheese? Yes absolutely.

Meanwhile, Gaga’s albums didn’t even make it past the womb :rip: 

8 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

You forget one thing, Spotify 2 years ago was smaller, had less subscribers (and Chromatica did much better numbers on its debut thank Renaissance). Just lacked a TikTok smash. But I’m not taking sides, I love both Bey and Gaga so yeah.

Her latest album Love 4 Sale was released last year, wonder how that is doing :rip:

Because she JUST finished a world tour. The bumps this time next year during the club Renaissance global stadium tour are gonna be a kii:campfire:

1 minute ago, period sis said:

Her latest album Love 4 Sale was released last year, wonder how that is doing :rip:

Please, no one cares for streaming jazz projects, not even her own fans. My point stands. 

5 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

You’ve clearly taken a side. Spotify is smaller now than 2 years ago 

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2022/sep/27/theres-endless-choice-but-youre-not-listening-fans-quitting-spotify-to-save-their-love-of-music

Chromatica did not do “much better numbers” it barely beat it by a million (meanwhile Renaissance was also slaying on Apple Music while Gaga was a non event on that platform)

Renaissance
Week 1: 172,029,461
Week 2: 93,122,205
Week 3: 72,951,263
Week 4: 60,932,169
Week 5: 53,508,398
Week 6: 48,352,334
Week 7: 46,051,888
Week 8: 46,675,055

Week 9: 48,167,384

Chromatica
Week 1: 173,871,260 
Week 2: 84,359,146
Week 3: 68,837,256
Week 4: 58,121,318
Week 5: 52,794,054
Week 6: 46,531,373
Week 7: 41,372,831
Week 8: 38,097,274

Week 9: 33,932,309

Finally Gaga and the monsters did desperately try to make Rain On Me viral on tiktok. The public just said no

@Blue Rose

nah, Spotify in q2 of 2020 had 138M of paid subscribers and 345M of monthly active users. Spotify in q2 of 2022 had 188M of paid subscribers and 433M of monthly active users. So no, Spotify did not get smaller. 

Thanks for the stats tho. Chromatica did better, not much better. Sorry. Again, it just didn’t get the TikTok smash. Congrats to Bey. 

Just now, DonnieDarko said:

@Blue Rose

nah, Spotify in q2 of 2020 had 138M of paid subscribers and 345M of monthly active users. Spotify in q2 of 2022 had 188M of paid subscribers and 433M of monthly active users. So no, Spotify did not get smaller. 

Thanks for the stats tho. Chromatica did better, not much better. Sorry. Again, it just didn’t get the TikTok smash. Congrats to Bey. 

I have a spotify account but I never use it. That is the point of the study. People aren’t using Spotify anymore even if the numbers are growing.

Renaissance was stomping on Chrom since day1. Spotify is not the only platform. According to Billboard, Renaissance debuted with 180M streams while Chrom debuted with 80M. Barely winning week1 on Spotify thanks to Ariana and Blackpink is nothing to brag about :deadbanana4:

@Blue Rose, again, Spotify did get much bigger than what it was in 2020. Numbers don’t lie. Renaissance did not stomp on Chromatica, Chromatica did get better numbers on its debut week. Renaissance is doing better now thanks to TikTok. However, to be fair, it doesn’t have visuals so it’s impressive tbh. 

Just now, DonnieDarko said:

@Blue Rose, again, Spotify did get much bigger than what it was in 2020. Numbers don’t lie. Renaissance did not stomp on Chromatica, Chromatica did get better numbers on its debut week. Renaissance is doing better now thanks to TikTok. However, to be fair, it doesn’t have visuals so it’s impressive tbh. 

Then why did Chromatica last less weeks in the Top 10? Why did Renaissance’s Week 2 streams outdo Chromatica’s Week 1 streams? Why is Renaissance continuing to pull more units in a worse sales climate without bundles?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.