Scooby Doo’s shaggy debuts new name and race

Superbitch

the outrage :bibliahh:touch grass

but anyways they probably saw HQ success and want to try it for Scooby doo. watch it be just liike HQ :rip: 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armani?

• Protocol

• Superbitch

• Communion

2 hours ago, CottageHore said:

What an absolutely ridiculous comment. :dies:

ignore them. they’re…. special 

like how can it be the other way around if most characters in pop culture media are white?

ot: they should’ve kept his name 

2 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

ignore them. they’re…. special 

like how can it be the other way around if most characters in pop culture media are white?

ot: they should’ve kept his name 

Yeah!! That’s what I don’t like they should’ve kept shaggy as his name

Edited by Superbitch

2 hours ago, Stepfon said:

That’s the biggest mystery to me, like…who asked for a R rated Scooby Doo? 

Me. We’ll see how this turns out tho

Why do they make remakes of everything these days but **** it all up while doing it?

Like I'm here for shows where there's representation of all races and sexualities but can they come up with original stuff? :skull:

15 minutes ago, Habibro said:

Should’ve renamed shaggy to nappy 

:biblio:

30 minutes ago, Habibro said:

Should’ve renamed shaggy to nappy 

That would be racist 

2 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

Inch resting. They should’ve made Fred Latino while they were at it tbh 

Watch him being a white latino in the show :swan:

This show looks like it’s going to be a whole ******* mess but I’ll watch it and see what I think. 

2 hours ago, Ricky Wilson said:

Not them turning yet another white character into a different race(2 characters in this case) :rip: 

Imagine if it was the other way around

It’s going to be okay. :gaycat6: The way this Camila fan rushed into this thread. :rip: :bibliahh:

22 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Why do they make remakes of everything these days but **** it all up while doing it?

Like I'm here for shows where there's representation of all races and sexualities but can they come up with original stuff? :skull:

Well, it's their way of getting a cheap coin. New shows wouldn't cause this kind of conversations and therefore, free publicity :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Watch him being a white latino in the show :swan:

they already did in the movies. Freddie Prinze Jr. is half Puerto Rican :clap3:

Norville is actually his real name, while Shaggy is just his nickname. Sometimes the gang will tease him by calling him "Norville".

Velma was portrayed as an Asian (or half Asian?) when Hayley Kiyoko played the character. (Robbie Amell was also in there, playing a hot Fred who was not blonde. Robbie Amell >>> Freddie Prinze Jr.)

I am not sure if it was R-rated, but there was already a series of graphic novels called "Scooby Apocalypse" that was geared towards adults. Scooby was a cyborg and the 4 humans were coupled together. 

Spoiler

And one of the 4 of human characters died.

wish they could give him more shaggy hair wich would actually work with black character

overall he looks good 

rated r version? i will watch :gaycat1:

5 hours ago, Ricky Wilson said:

Not them turning yet another white character into a different race(2 characters in this case) :rip: 

youre not allowed to i fear.

nothing wrong with changing the race of a character (from ANY race btw) as long as it fits in with the storyline/setting, but if its done just to fulfill some quota it really takes you out of the world they built and makes it tacky - which i dont think is the case here actually. anyways this style of artwork is just ugly :rip:

Edited by Literature

5 hours ago, Ricky Wilson said:

Shut up

what's gon be r rated tho? weed? cursing? i don't really mind the race swapping if it's gon have a great plot

I don't mind the race bending, but I read their personality and roles have been changed as well ? So if they don't act like the original characters, Scooby Doo isn't there and it's rated R, then... idk, how is it related to the original series besides names ? :biblio:

Also the Total Drama Island style Shaggy and Daphne got :skull:

Another non-issue that people will fume about :skull: 

They probably just wanted something different to spice it up. I’ve never liked Scooby Doo but I’ll give this a try I guess. Interested in seeing how an R Rated Scooby will work.

6 hours ago, Armani? said:

Might be interesting 

In one of the spinoff shows, it was much darker & they fought actual demons (not criminals in costumes)

This show was so good! 1980s Scooby Doo with Scrappy and then the late 90s/early 2000s movies with real monster was peak Scooby Doo. I watched the Zombie Island sequel on a flight recently and can’t believe how much they ****** it up.

5 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Scooby Doo has had tons of adaptions over the years and different universes so not sure I would call it a reboot.

-

I will give it a watch but it looks messy. I would rather they do an R-rated live action with the original cast like they initially intended.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.