STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Beyonce and writing credits: Reason why she can’t win AOTY?

KevinKDC

14 hours ago, BadMonster96 said:

Yes, when u have 100+ writers for ONE (1) album u become a joke in the eyes of the industry

+ Giselle is known for STEALING writing credits from underground singer/struggling new artists while she claims its her ideas

If you become a joke to them, why does she get nominated in the first place then?

OT: Could be. I know the hive like to turn a blind eye but there’s plenty of proof out there of her changing a single word and tacking her name in the credits. Not to mention the video concepts she’s completely ripped off. Two people have complained about their permission not being asked to sample them. Whether she needed to or not, it’s bad press going into the Grammys. I still think she deserved AOTY over Beck & Adele and she deserves for Renaissance but this could definitely be the reason. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• supertiffany

• NausAllien

• Lovett

The Grammys being racist definitely plays a part but I definitely don’t see any world in which Renaissance losing AOTY would be a snub. Now, Adele sure doesn’t deserve it again, but let’s just hope she doesn’t win. Beyoncé was absolutely snubbed in 2017 with Lemonade but this time around… not so much. And yes, the even more than ever excessive sampling does and will play a part. The Grammys don’t want to award an album with 300 people involved because that would mean 300 trophies have to be made. The amount of controversies surrounding the ethics of some of her samples this time around also will harm her. 

So yes, tldr it’s a lot of things. Yes, the Grammys don’t award black musicians how they should. But they also take songwriting seriously as it’s the most important part of an album, so in this specific case of Renaissance it is understandable why they might not feel compelled to award an album like this with the way it was made (I’m sure the controversies surrounding the ethics of the samplings are not finished yet). It’s just a bunch of things…

Edited by Holiest Dreams

14 hours ago, BadMonster96 said:

Yes, when u have 100+ writers for ONE (1) album u become a joke in the eyes of the industry

+ Giselle is known for STEALING writing credits from underground singer/struggling new artists while she claims its her ideas

Beyoncé isn't the one who has sold CDs for $0.99, been repeatedly accused of plagiarism, simulated sexual intercourse with a notorious sexual offender, and been vomited on stage, among other things, so I'm afraid it's actually a certain someone who embodies the definition of a literal JOKE. 

OT: She doesn't need it to boast her greatness when the Grammy committee is responsible of awarding crap like 1989 or 25. 

1 hour ago, Pepo said:

Beyoncé isn't the one who has sold CDs for $0.99, been repeatedly accused of plagiarism, simulated sexual intercourse with a notorious sexual offender, and been vomited on stage, among other things, so I'm afraid it's actually a certain someone who embodies the definition of a literal JOKE. 

OT: She doesn't need it to boast her greatness when the Grammy committee is responsible of awarding crap like 1989 or 25. 

Watch out, you're gonna pop a vein...

angry-fuming.gif

4 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

Watch out, you're gonna pop a vein...

angry-fuming.gif

says the guy who has been posting random publishing laws on atrl… The lawyer who didn’t go to law school :ahh:

She can't make original albums, that's it.

2 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

The Grammys being racist definitely plays a part but I definitely don’t see any world in which Renaissance losing AOTY would be a snub. Now, Adele sure doesn’t deserve it again, but let’s just hope she doesn’t win. Beyoncé was absolutely snubbed in 2017 with Lemonade but this time around… not so much. And yes, the even more than ever excessive sampling does and will play a part. The Grammys don’t want to award an album with 300 people involved because that would mean 300 trophies have to be made. The amount of controversies surrounding the ethics of some of her samples this time around also will harm her. 

So yes, tldr it’s a lot of things. Yes, the Grammys don’t award black musicians how they should. But they also take songwriting seriously as it’s the most important part of an album, so in this specific case of Renaissance it is understandable why they might not feel compelled to award an album like this with the way it was made (I’m sure the controversies surrounding the ethics of the samplings are not finished yet). It’s just a bunch of things…

Renaissance not winning would definitely be a snub. The album has critical acclaim and is still going strong on the charts. The number of writers is something the grammys have been using to not vote for black artists since their work has always been more collaborative. Either way, sampling is a part of songwriting that all our faves have used (isn’t Taylor currently being sued for one?) Sampling is not a bad thing. The grammys have awarded covers in the past, there’s no reason using samples should hold them back.

50 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

says the guy who has been posting random publishing laws on atrl… The lawyer who didn’t go to law school 

I'm not a lawyer but I AM a teacher. I feel like it's my job to help people such as yourself to learn.

It's not my fault the Hive doesn't understand the first thing about Intellectual Property law and they've been talking out of their asses in a fruitless attempt to defend their shady fave, who is KNOWN for her shenanigans to get writing credits she's not entitled to.

I am not sure if it is, but it should. 100 writers for an album is just ridiculous. Especially when it's an album full of samples and stolen credits :skull: 

ariana-grande-what-about-it.gif

I actually would not care if she never wins AOTY because the list of absolute legends who have never won it, let alone been nominated for it, is far greater than the artists that have, half of which are nowhere near legends. Also, when she doesn't win, y'all talk about her even more. Y'all pay more attention to Giselle not having this one award than you are with the women that have won it so I ask again...

ariana-grande-what-about-it.gif

10 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

You do realize that taking songwriting credits also means that you’re taking money away from struggling songwriters right? I can’t understand why or how anyone can defend that.

First of all it’s not a charity. Second of all, she’s not “taking money away” from anybody if it wasn’t theirs in the first place. 

2 hours ago, NausAllien said:

I'm not a lawyer but I AM a teacher. I feel like it's my job to help people such as yourself to learn.

It's not my fault the Hive doesn't understand the first thing about Intellectual Property law and they've been talking out of their asses in a fruitless attempt to defend their shady fave, who is KNOWN for her shenanigans to get writing credits she's not entitled to.

Then educate me. I asked a question on the previous page (quoted you even) 

AOTY is rightfully awarded to artists who can write and produce great albums. Beyoncé can't do either of those things, she's just not respected as a musician. It would be an insult to the prestige of the award to give it to someone who just curates a team to make her albums.

32 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Then educate me. I asked a question on the previous page (quoted you even) 

I have been trying to educate you in multiple threads on ATRL. But I know a lost case when I see one...

See you in summer school for remedial education, sweetie!

Edited by NausAllien

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

I have been trying to educate you in multiple threads on ATRL. But I know a lost case when I see one...

aaaaand that's how we know you're full of ****

I pray for the children of tomorrow if you're actually a teacher 

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

AOTY is rightfully awarded to artists who can write and produce great albums. Beyoncé can't do either of those things, she's just not respected as a musician. It would be an insult to the prestige of the award to give it to someone who just curates a team to make her albums.

"prestige of the award" 

explain bad blood, welcome to new york, you belong with me, i will always love you (whitney's version), africa, etc etc Explain the "prestige" of the award lmao. Whitney nor Celine ever wrote ****. They didn't even "curate", so please explain why you see this award as "prestigious" 

Why does this only ever get brought up with Beyoncé ? There a lot of AOTY winners with a lot of writing/producer credits, especially in the 90s/2000s

10 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

So Leona and Kelly can pick and sing demos but when Bey does it she is stealing? You’re so worried about Bey’s writing credits but mind you, your fave doesn’t even sing her own vocals

It's only a problem when B does it :ahh: 

OT: alot of people write their own songs (Kendrick/Eminem) and he didn't even have one. Nicki & Katy involved in their songwriting and they're GRAMMY-less as well. 

46 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Why does this only ever get brought up with Beyoncé ? There a lot of AOTY winners with a lot of writing/producer credits, especially in the 90s/2000s

Because it's Beyoncé :fan: this is the only thing that they could come for her for because they couldn't with "she hasn't had a hit since 2009" anymore. 

4 hours ago, NausAllien said:

Which threads?

The last black woman to win AOTY was Lauryn Hill in 1999 :rip: Beyoncé deserves her AOTY nominations and feels overdue for a win. The Grammys are also wishy-washy with what qualifies as AOTY because sometimes it's based on having few writers ie Beck (undeserved btw) or huge success ie 25 (also undeserved). The Grammys not giving it to Beyoncé because she's not perceived as a songwriter is laughable and it's obviously much bigger than that imo. 

1 hour ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

The last black woman to win AOTY was Lauryn Hill in 1999 :rip: Beyoncé deserves her AOTY nominations and feels overdue for a win. The Grammys are also wishy-washy with what qualifies as AOTY because sometimes it's based on having few writers ie Beck (undeserved btw) or huge success ie 25 (also undeserved). The Grammys not giving it to Beyoncé because she's not perceived as a songwriter is laughable and it's obviously much bigger than that imo. 

This. Especially since she's won Song of the Year, a songwriter's award at that same show, we know that's not an issue. Y'all are being deliberately obtuse to get stale drags in and it's so corny :rip:

Possibly. I think it's safe to say the Kelis and RSF controversies have killed her chances at winning AOTY this time, but Adele winning again will be interminably boring.

I do think all the sampling news have been hurting her chances - not like she was going to win :dies: but it moved her a few slots down 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.