STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Beyonce and writing credits: Reason why she can’t win AOTY?

KevinKDC

3 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

yes people contribution varies. But their pattern doesn't.

Taylor who like 60-100% of song requires two/three more songwriters for the rest of song

Adele who contributes like 40-70% requires 3/4 more songwriters on average for the rest of song

Gaga who contributes like 30-50% requires 4/5 more songwriters on average for the rest of song

But you guys turn blind eye that every Beyonce songs since ST has heaped of songwriters. Her contribution to her music is bare minimum

Then why did you state "the input by everyone is bound to be bare minimum"? You don't seem capable of sticking to a single argument, you're just trying different tacts. Beyoncé also has songs where she is the lead songwriter, or one of two/a small amount.

But as I said, you've fabricated a narrative that you're telling yourself is a fact, despite the actual people involved telling you you're wrong. Beyoncé is deeply involved in every single aspect of the creation of her music. You telling yourself otherwise doesn't change that.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• supertiffany

• NausAllien

• Lovett

How does having so many writers not impact the chances of getting the biggest musical award? It makes perfect sense. Not taking anything away from anyone, but it is clearly more impressive when there's only a couple of people involved in an album + followed by a big success and quality of it than having 300 writers.

I don't think that's the only reason but it's definitely impacting the chances negatively.

Renaissance is definitely one of the main conteders for AOTY but I still don't see it winning.

Edited by POPTART

5 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Yes but that's not the only reason it doesn't deserve AOTY. Kind of shocking it has 100+ writers and yet she came up with one of the weakest 2020's album from any MPG so far.

I'm sorry but WHAT

Aristide

It's time to close the thread when Trump supporters and well-known racist users start their circle jerk against a black artist. Truly disgusting.

• ATRL Moderator

It could possibly be a factor, but more importantly, Beyoncé has released the best album in a year previously and the GRAMMYS have snubbed her, so who’s to say it’ll be any different this time?

12 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Then why did you state "the input by everyone is bound to be bare minimum"? You don't seem capable of sticking to a single argument, you're just trying different tacts. Beyoncé also has songs where she is the lead songwriter, or one of two/a small amount.

But as I said, you've fabricated a narrative that you're telling yourself is a fact, despite the actual people involved telling you you're wrong. Beyoncé is deeply involved in every single aspect of the creation of her music. You telling yourself otherwise doesn't change that.

I never denied Beyonce doesn't have song where are very few songwriters are involved.

That's why I specifically used the work average and pattern. When someone is heavily involved, they need very few outside assistance aka Taylor and when someone is least involved, they need as much outside assistance as possible like Beyonce.   Like I guess stan glasses but still ignoring obvious pattern 

Edited by zoldyck

22 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Yes but that's not the only reason it doesn't deserve AOTY. Kind of shocking it has 100+ writers and yet she came up with one of the weakest 2020's album from any MPG so far.

Not to mention those 100+ writers couldn’t come up with anything original so they relied on heavy sampling/thievery. if Renaissance deserves AOTY then so does Ava Max’s album with all of its 90s samples. Same thing.

everytime Beyonce is criticized it's called racism

but silence when she STEALS songwriting credits.

remember when she SOLELY CLAIMED she wrote Irreplaceable lol

4 hours ago, BadMonster96 said:

How i don't know about it when the ARTIST HERSELF made a video explaining that Beyoncé stole her song for her own record without asking her ?

i dont need further investigations, the facts are here 

An accusation doesn't mean it actually happened. You're reaching for quick and easy articles because it fits your faulty narrative of Beyoncé being a thief. I don't see you putting the same effort in researching the facts. Right, because you don't want to.

Wanna know why Bey hasn't once put out a statement? Because what she WON'T do is entertain blatant, sad attempts for media attention that discredit her artistry. 

2 hours ago, Aramis said:

It's time to close the thread when Trump supporters and well-known racist users start their circle jerk against a black artist. Truly disgusting.

People always show their true racist colours in threads like this. Many are disturbingly eager to jump at any opportunity to discredit the talent, success, and craft of non-white musicians, often spreading blatantly false information or deliberately acting obtuse to fit their narrative.

It gets particularly worse when Grammy-related discussions are involved, where we get the most baffling defenses and excuses of the Academy's blatant racial bias just because certain white women have benefitted from it.

As @MrLovett pointed out in the first page, Taylor Swift and Adele have more AOTY wins between them (five) than every black female artist since the institution's inception (three). To make matters more egregious, with the exception of "Fearless", they all came at the expense of more or equally deserving projects from black artists.

- "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" was snubbed in "21" 's line-up

- "1989" won over "To Pimp A Butterfly"

- "25" won over "Lemonade"

- "After Hours" was snubbed in "folklore" 's line-up, and one could arguably say the likes of Fiona Apple, Brittany Howard, and Phoebe Bridgers were blocked to allow for Swift's third victory

Don't get me wrong, "21" and "folklore" are both fantastic records and worthy AOTY winners, but it feels icky neither of them had a proper fair fight with equally defining albums from their respective years.

This thread should definitely get blocked soon, but I'm not gonna lie, as a fairly new member, it's useful to learn which users to ignore and avoid like the plague. 

Edited by Moonlight Nation

Yes it’s pretty obvious at this point. She doesn’t get album of the year award because she has 100+ songwriters in her album. The Grammy committee sees that and thinks she didn’t do ****. Meanwhile Taylor, Gaga, Billie, and Adele win because they write the albums themselves and use 5 songwriters at best. When Diane warren said on twitter “how can you have 24 writers in a song” it’s clear reflection how the industry sees Beyoncé.

2 hours ago, terrorblade said:

she should've won for ST and Lemonade tbh

for st - maybe. lemonade def not. adeles 25 was the only right winner. both records kinda aged poorly too.

7 hours ago, BadMonster96 said:

Becasue both write their own material and don't steal writing credits and FULL SONGS like the person in your avi

Mariah literally writes her own material, has 19#1's, wrote a christmas classic, sold way more albums and still hasn't won it. 

Spare me the bullshit. 

This is literally like the only thing people can say about Bey cause she stomps in every other Grammy related discussion— which brings me to my next point. 

Kendrick Lamar couldn’t win against the likes of Taylor when she probably shouldn’t have won given the impact and quality of TPAB. I love 1989 and revisit it more than TPAB and it’s not close, but c’mon now. Same thing happened with Damn and Bruno. There’s obviously a trend here.

This isn’t to discredit talent like Adele and Taylor though, they create amazing bodies of work, especially Taylor who’s songwriting is out of this world. But Bey and her black peers’ artistry getting snubbed constantly is a trend we’ve seen time and time again. The Grammys are racist. That is a massive factor in why Bey hasn’t gotten her AOTY award yet despite deserving it twice now. This does not discredit the excellent work girls like Taylor and Adele have done, but we’ve gotta call a spade a spade here. 

Constantly critiquing a woman like Bey for stealing over and over because it’s the only thing you can really say about her is just tiring and kind of weird at this point. Hoping Renaissance can snatch this upcoming year but I’m sure the Grammys will toss 30 another award it doesn’t deserve considering it wasn’t Adele’s best work and didn’t have the impact of 25, let alone 21.

20 minutes ago, Moonlight Nation said:

As @MrLovett pointed out in the first page, Taylor Swift and Adele have more AOTY wins between them (five) than every black female artist since the institution's inception (three).

I agree with your point and not to go against it but Adele and Taylor are just super uncommon examples in the Grammys history. If you exclude last 5 years, Adele and Taylor had as much Grammy wins as all the other white female artists combined(6) too. I think them being biggest female artists in the US(arguably) plays a big part too. I feel like popularity bias plays a much bigger part than it should do in the voting. 

Ricky Wilson
7 hours ago, BadMonster96 said:

Yes, when u have 100+ writers for ONE (1) album u become a joke in the eyes of the industry

+ Giselle is known for STEALING writing credits from underground singer/struggling new artists while she claims its her ideas

This this this

She's the queen of writing camp'd songs after Rihanna

30 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

This is literally like the only thing people can say about Bey cause she stomps in every other Grammy related discussion— which brings me to my next point. 

Kendrick Lamar couldn’t win against the likes of Taylor when she probably shouldn’t have won given the impact and quality of TPAB. I love 1989 and revisit it more than TPAB and it’s not close, but c’mon now. Same thing happened with Damn and Bruno. There’s obviously a trend here.

This isn’t to discredit talent like Adele and Taylor though, they create amazing bodies of work, especially Taylor who’s songwriting is out of this world. But Bey and her black peers’ artistry getting snubbed constantly is a trend we’ve seen time and time again. The Grammys are racist. That is a massive factor in why Bey hasn’t gotten her AOTY award yet despite deserving it twice now. This does not discredit the excellent work girls like Taylor and Adele have done, but we’ve gotta call a spade a spade here. 

Constantly critiquing a woman like Bey for stealing over and over because it’s the only thing you can really say about her is just tiring and kind of weird at this point. Hoping Renaissance can snatch this upcoming year but I’m sure the Grammys will toss 30 another award it doesn’t deserve considering it wasn’t Adele’s best work and didn’t have the impact of 25, let alone 21.

You forgot Kendrick also lost to MACKLEMORE. One of HIP HOP modern classic, GOOD KID MAD CITY, lost to whatever no body even remember. Does Macklemore even remember  the hip hop album he won AOTY over Kendrick’s modern hip hop classic? I don’t know why people take this award so seriously when it’s been proven time and time and time again that this is just politics. 

edit: wait I lied, he won best hip hop album, but still :lakitu:  That already makes it worse. I thought it was AOTY! 

Edited by Kh-Loud

Ricky Wilson
3 hours ago, Alexz said:

Beyoncé can't write a song by herself, starting from scratch, she always uses already existing melodies and beats.

She also loves to take already existing songs in full, change one word or add one ad-lib and take full credit for the song

I think all the Bey stans, Bey haters, and bystanders in this thread need to be real for a second. 

Bey has lost AOTY as a notable favorite twice. She’s the most awarded singer ever, and arguably is the pop star with the most industry connections, so I’m sure she’s had a ton of convos behind the scenes and she’s probably privy to why she lost. 

The fact that she once again has a sample heavy and credit heavy record for Renaissance means one of two things: 1) either this isn’t the thing stopping her from winning AOTY or 2) It is the thing stopping her from winning AOTY and she doesn’t care. 

Bey could easily do an album just with Pharrell or just with The-Dream. Nothing’s stopping her from working with a small handful of people. Even if you’re someone that thinks she doesn’t contribute heavily to writing or producing - she could still let that small handful of people do 90% of the work. 

If you’re correct that this is why Bey is losing, then it seems like she’s content with losing at this point, or at least that she refuses to change her process to win the AOTY Grammy.

Edited by Rotunda

3 hours ago, supertiffany said:

everytime Beyonce is criticized it's called racism

but silence when she STEALS songwriting credits.

remember when she SOLELY CLAIMED she wrote Irreplaceable lol

That was racism against NeYo.

24 minutes ago, Ricky Wilson said:

She also loves to take already existing songs in full, change one word or add one ad-lib and take full credit for the song

Yes, she does like Already Gone/Halo and Irreplaceable. 

Ricky Wilson
1 minute ago, Alexz said:

Don't Forget Smash/Smack Into You which she stole, changed one word and took full credit for the song lol

2 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Already Gone/Halo wasn’t her fault

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.