Beyonce and writing credits: Reason why she can’t win AOTY?

KevinKDC

Is Beyonce’s reputation of allegedly taking writing credits when she didn’t deserve it the reason why grammy voters don’t vote for her to win AOTY?

Renaissance is clearly a great contender for AOTY but will the drama regarding the samples hinder her chance of winning AOTY upcoming year? 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• supertiffany

• NausAllien

• Lovett

Most likely the fact that all her deserving albums have been extremely multigenre. I think it confuses the academy and splits her base.

One minute they're listening to Daddy Lessons, then next its Formation. Renaissance is maybe the most cohesive so fingers crossed 

Edited by Otter

Yes, when u have 100+ writers for ONE (1) album u become a joke in the eyes of the industry

+ Giselle is known for STEALING writing credits from underground singer/struggling new artists while she claims its her ideas

Taylor Swift and Adele have more AOTY wins between them than every black female artist in the history of music.

the industry definitely has a lot more respect for people who work with as little collaborators as possible. Hence why billie, adeles, beck etc are often recognized. The new rule for AOTY is that every collaborator, whether ur impact on the album is big or not, gets an award. Beyonce has like 300 people credited as writers, producers and engineers. There is no way in hell the Grammys would upvote that over Adele, who wrote all songs with approx 4 producers and 3 songwriters.

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

Just now, MrLovett said:

Taylor Swift and Adele have more AOTY wins between them than every black female artist in the history of music.

Becasue both write their own material and don't steal writing credits and FULL SONGS like the person in your avi

It’s getting weird. And it’s neither funny nor witty. You love to discredit her so much. 

3 minutes ago, BadMonster96 said:

Becasue both write their own material and don't steal writing credits and FULL SONGS like the person in your avi

racist much? 

It’s getting weird. And it’s neither funny nor witty. You love to discredit her so much. 

3 minutes ago, BadMonster96 said:

racist much? 

2 minutes ago, KingB® said:

racist much? 

your favorite card to play once we spill the truth

your fav was accused of stealing Kelis song like a few weeks ago ? :rip:

For the culture :

Every Single Time Beyoncé Was Accused of Stealing From Other Artists

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/every-single-time-beyoncé-was-accused-of-stealing-from-other-artists.4724596/

Edited by BadMonster96

“Steal”…she’s probably the most fair artist when giving credits. She does her legal homework and names EVERYONE possible. Heck more than needed especially on this album. 

Maybe she should credit less people, it’s not like they can go up against her in court. Or if they do and builds a reputation of using her lawyers she might be lauded for it.

17 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Taylor deserved her three wins

No comment on the fad of 2011-2015

Her albums consist of so many samples they shouldn’t even give any thought to nominate her, huge insult to people that actually are artists. 

Maybe. Writers and producers get to vote who wins a Grammy and there's been so many instances of them speaking against Beyoncé and her lack of respect when sampling or using their work.

Sampling or not, having an army of writers and producers for one album doesn't look as impressive as an album made by very few people. Clearly it's harder to make an album with very few writers and she's incapable of doing that. 

9 minutes ago, BadMonster96 said:

your fav was accused of stealing Kelis song like a few weeks ago ? :rip:

Yet another prime example of you not knowing what you're talking about, but still rushing to threads to post.

The huge list of credits definitely doesn’t work in her favour. Optically, giving these awards to artists who are seen as lead/primal writers/producers looks better. 

4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Yet another prime example of you not knowing what you're talking about, but still rushing to threads to post.

How i don't know about it when the ARTIST HERSELF made a video explaining that Beyoncé stole her song for her own record without asking her ?

i dont need further investigations, the facts are here 

1 minute ago, BadMonster96 said:

How i don't know about it when the ARTIST HERSELF made a video explaining that Beyoncé stole her song for her own record without asking her ?

i dont need further investigations, the facts are here 

That's not what Kelis said and once again, a prime example of you not knowing what you're talking about. If you'd bothered to do even the tiniest bit of research you'd know what was happening. Instead you're more interested in trolling with false information. As per usual.

She has a tonne of Grammys, so clearly her output is critically good and they’re willing to reward her. But AOTY is extremely prestigious, and every album cycle this women is plagued with accusations of her having zero involvement, theft, sampling issues where the original artist wasn’t reached out to - and not so long ago - the questioning of fake units being added through a streaming service. It could certainly be a factor 

It's good to know that AOTY is about the amount of people worked on that album and not about the quality of music. Now all the wins by Swift make sense!

Edited by Paola Bracho

Well AOTY is still a voted category and having like 100+ credited for an album really doesn't help at all.

I mean Beyonce is well loved, but I understand why voters are not voting for her album, despite how great it is. Plus it's definitely debatable why she should win and why she has lost the times she got nominated.

She deserves to win for Renaissance but I would understand if she won't win (yet again). I do hope in the future she can make an album that is mostly original material (no interpolations, samples, etc.).

All 300 deserve to win if she does. Love my Queen for that :clap3:

I mean it’s definitely a disadvantage. Creators were always more respected than performers and when you hire 100 writers/producers it might be viewed as ridiculous. B is talented but it’s def not that hard to release decent body of work when 100 professionals are working on it. It’s money talking, and you look like corporate machine. 

1 hour ago, Great808 said:

Her albums consist of so many samples they shouldn’t even give any thought to nominate her, huge insult to people that actually are artists. 

ummm idk if you’re new to music as a whole, as a concept :deadbanana4: but samples do not determine artistry or even credibility. it has been around for several decades and is a very respected form of creating and flipping music by the top producers in the game. several winners and nominees at the grammys have been sampling their way to a credible career.

as a producer and songwriter myself, who sits in writing camps with other musicians, i can assure you it’s a go to for inspiration. music is just a big wheel where everything has been done over and over and will keep on evolving in new forms :heart2:

That category itself isn’t even an indication of QUALITY, so….. I hope she won’t submit, won’t attend and just sit herself at home with her kids! 

No and if it's the reason then they are just dumb

AOTY goes to the body of work, not the artist. Everybody who is involved in the process gets their flowers so why does it matter if it has 1 writer or 20 writers??? At the end of the day, isn't AOTY about the best album of that year? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.