The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023) | Chris Pratt | $1.3B WW | Out now on digital

Broken

7 hours ago, MrLovett said:

If they had better voices and better dialogue, it would be #1 by now :gaycat2:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• dabunique

• znake

• Da Vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

I was rooting for it to pass the overrated Frozen in box office but now I am glad it will not. 

Kids these day. They should be spending their daddy's hard earned money on something like How to Train Your Dragon, Moana, Tangled or Brave.

Edit (5/31/2023): This has passed the original Frozen for the 2nd highest grossing animated film of all time, in just its 8th week. If it can stay in theaters until the July 4th weekend, I think it could pass Frozen II.

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-records/worldwide/all-movies/cumulative/all-time-animated

Edited by pride4jc1222
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 4:23 PM, Aristotle said:

I was rooting for it to pass the overrated Frozen in box office but now I am glad it will not.

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-records/worldwide/all-movies/cumulative/all-time-animated

It passed Frozen... and still going up... :clown:

Edited by Japan
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Estimated international total stands at $734.0M, estimated global total stands at $1.300B."

Finally saw this... absolutely loved it!  Yes it was simple, but it was super fun, visually stunning, and packed full of nostalgia.  All the little details like the enemies, sound effects, maps, and power-ups really hit home.  Loved the Rainbow Road bit.  And Lumalee was laugh-out-loud hilarious.  Perfect bit of dark humor to balance out everything else.  "Life is sad, prison is sad, life in prison is very, very sad" :jamming:

Need Yoshi, Daisy, and Rosalina in the sequel.  Was very happy with the post-credit scene :duca: 

On 6/4/2023 at 7:26 PM, PoKiTaurus said:

With D*sney's clownery I'm happy this is successful now :clown:

Probably will end or it already is more profitable then the TLK remake when taking in consideration the expenses and revenue share in different markets. It is doing very weak in China compared to TLK where the revenue share is only 25% and on another hand it outgrossed TLK domestically  where the revenue share is the highest 50%-55%. While international box office leaves up to 40-45% to the studio.

TLK costed 170-180M more than SMB, so TLK needed an extra +$340M to breakeven from Northern America or +$370M from international markets. If you subtract 370M from TLK's international gross it will fall below Mario and I am not even counting China's low revenue share in the equation. 

We will see how it will do on TV, DVDs and streaming. 

On 5/23/2023 at 3:06 AM, Eternium said:

If they had better voices and better dialogue, it would be #1 by now :gaycat2:

Chris Pratt did not do really well IMO. 

Super Mario will outgross Beauty and the Beast internationally too.

$764,445,276 - Mario

$764,683,318 - Beauty and the Beast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MARIO

DOMESTIC (42.4%) 
$574,243,655

INTERNATIONAL (57.6%) 
$780,913,000

WORLDWIDE 
$1,355,156,655

BARBIE

DOMESTIC (44.9%) 
$537,390,865

INTERNATIONAL (55.1%) 
$660,600,000

WORLDWIDE 
$1,197,990,865

Source: Box Office Mojo

Mario outcharted Barbie despite the latter being a marketing juggernaut. Barbie is also more local, while Mario has a bigger international fan base.

Congratulations to Barbie but talent won. :clap3:

• Confused 13
  • Thumbs Down 8

If you think Barbie isn’t going to catch up you’re crazy, it’s still pacing ahead of where Mario was at this point in its run 

Edited by GivingCher

Barbie has been out for less than a month and is still in cinemas 🙄 It'll easily catch up.

Barbie will outgross it in a few weeks. Like…it’s a lock. You should have waited lol.

• Like 2

It’s like Barbie’s 4th week. :storm: At the end of the day Barbie is the better movie and it has more impact. (The fact I wouldn’t know Mario grossed 1B without ATRL) 

• Like 3

This is not going to hold much longer. This thread will backfire :rip:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.