The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023) | Chris Pratt | $1.3B WW | Out now on digital

Broken

WEEK 3 US

monday- 5.8M 

Tuesday - 7.4M

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• dabunique

• znake

• Da Vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/18/2023 at 4:56 AM, arceus said:

We need that Smash Bros Cinematic Universe. Not just limited to Nintendo's characters!!!! 

god no. we don't need things to always be connected on a grand scheme of things. if anything this should force studios to see that not everything is meant to be dark and live action. more freedom and leverage when having things be animated

20 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

WEEK 3 US

monday- 5.8M 

Tuesday - 7.4M

Wednesday - 4.82M

STOMP

2 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

STOMP

The evil has been defeated. 

23 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

STOMP

they need to do a LUIGI'S MANSION movie asap. this proves my theory about certain properties not being able to translate properly live action without it becoming a former shell of itself true. not everything needs to be made dark to appeal to everyone. alot of these properties are meant to cater to children that shouldn't get lost when these movies are made either? i have yet to see this movie but from what i've heard if this was done live action we wouldn't have gotten what we did and deserved. if they go ahead with adapting other properties of theirs the legend of zelda, metroid fusion asap!

Just saw the movie last night and it was such a joy to watch as a Mario and Nintendo fan :clap3:

Heck, even the people I was with aren't like hardcore gamers and they still had a good time. Just goes to show that not every movie needs to have some deep messages and underlying themes, and lighthearted fun movies can succeed too!

I agree a Luigi’s Mansion movie would be a really smart move. Have a credit scene linking to it in the sequel, make it an animated light horror movie but still suitable for kids (I guess kinda like Scooby Doo esque) and it’ll smash off of both the success of the Mario movies and the horror resurgence at the moment :clap3:

I think it would be perfect for the sequel to introduce Daisy's kingdom and a new villain, and have Yoshi be part of the story arc that way you introduce those two characters and then you can tease movie three with Wario and Waluigi. An for sure a Luigi's Mansion spin off for Halloween.

This is literally like a Minions version of Super Mario ,everything from the characterisation to the humor feels very Minion like :dies:

13 hours ago, Cloudy said:

I think it would be perfect for the sequel to introduce Daisy's kingdom and a new villain, and have Yoshi be part of the story arc that way you introduce those two characters and then you can tease movie three with Wario and Waluigi. An for sure a Luigi's Mansion spin off for Halloween.

lol eww what good has Daisy ever done, she’s just around for spin-offs, not rly important of a character. Same with the Wa’s. The next MG is likely gonna be Rosalina and the lumalee was prolly leading up to that

8 hours ago, Broken said:

I think this could gross 1.5-1.7 when it’s all done :jonnycat:

21 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

I think this could gross 1.5-1.7 when it’s all done :jonnycat:

It looks like it’ll get to the $1.4B range right now! 

Highest Grossing Movies of the 20s:

1. Avatar: The Way of Water - $2,318,325,624

2. Spider-Man: No Way Home - $1,912,233,593

3. Top Gun: Maverick - $1,493,491,858

4. Jurassic World: Dominion - $1,001,978,080

5. Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness - $955,775,804

6. Minions: The Rise of Gru - $939,628,210

7. The Battle At Lake Changjin - $902,548,476

8. The Super Mario Bros Movie - $875,031,550

Next weekend it’ll be top 4 for the decade so far :clap3: 

Saw this last night. Completely unwatchable...I can't believe this has such high audience scores. 

Easter eggs doesn't equate a good movie :rip:

I appreciate the movie more watching it for a second time. You just miss some of the details the first time around and it’s lowkey fun looking for easter eggs in the movie.

13 hours ago, Broken said:

Japan better stan :bam:

Can we have a special thread when it crosses $1 billion?

Not the comment saying its unwatchable... nnn. 

Maybe I'm just a huge Stan for nostalgia but I laughed throughout and loved the references

Billion dollar movie :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.