Ariana Grande or Katy Perry - better discography and bigger household name?

yeezytaughtme

Ariana Grande or Katy Perry  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the bigger household name today?

2. 2. Who has the better discography of music/more timeless music?

3. 3. Who has the bigger career overall today?

Ariana Grande - Yours Truly.pngAriana Grande kneeling on a stool, with her head resting on her handthe cover shows Grande with a black bunny mask posing in front of a black and white cover.the japanese edition is the same cover as the cover of the lead single “Dangerous Woman”A portrait of Ariana Grande, shown upside down. Looking to the right side of the image, she wears a sleeveless shirt, a white wig, and a nude lipstick, the latter of which matching the color of the background and the shirt. At the bottom of the cover art, small text that reads "Sweetener" is displayed in black.A portrait of Ariana Grande, shown upside down. A tattoo that spells out the album name can be seen below her neck. Wearing black lipstick and a ponytail, she is closing her eyes and touching both of her shoulders. The image border is colored purple, with low saturation.A monochrome portrait of Ariana Grande touching her face, looking to her right. The image consists only of white and blue green hues, framed by a white border with rounded corners. At the bottom of the picture stands the album title "POSITIONS", printed in white letters.

Ariana Grande Celebrates Chapter Three of r.e.m. Beauty With Over The Moon  Curtain Bangs — See Photo | Allure

vs

Katy Perry - One of the Boys.pngThe album cover depicts Katy Perry lying naked on clouds of cotton candy.Katy Perry - Prism cover.pngKaty Perry with blonde short hair. She covers her eyes with her hands; an eyeball is visible inside her mouth as her lips are slightly parted.Katy Perry dressed as a sad clown wearing a giant bow, with the album title written under.

KATY PERRY

Both of these female artists are hugely, talented, beautiful pop singers that dominated the 2010's. Katy dominated the early 2000's to the first half of the 2010's, while Ariana dominated the last half of the 2010's, to the early 2020's. 

But, which of these two successful female singers is the bigger household name and has the bigger career overall in 2022?

Who has the better discography? This isn't meant to argue, be civil and discuss for fun.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackout2006

• AMIT

• PopKills

• yeezytaughtme

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigger Householdname: Katy Perry

The rest: Ariana Grande 

2 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Why the setup? the answer is obvious for all...

Are you done? Lmao chill out...

Ariana is more known today, in fact she’s always been a bigger celeb than Katy who was never that relevant or big tabloid fodder.

Neither makes timeless music but Katy’s catalogue of hits alone is more timeless than Ariana’s music, which is possibly the best example of music that’s of the moment

Their overall careers are about even but Ariana still has a little bit of steam left I guess so she has the edge.

Ariana, although Katy may have the bigger hits. Ariana has lasted longer, remained consistent, and is the bigger pop culture icon. 

Katy for all. Even the monthly listeners / daily streams prove it

Katy for all except bigger career.

Katy's music is just pop music excellence. All the singles of TD alone are bigger than Ariana's entire discography of forgettable songs.  I can't even remember most of the songs she's put out since "7 Rings." 

But I will admit that Ariana's career is still thriving whereas Katy's has been in the decline since Witness. Ariana still has a chance to release a magnum opus, I just hope she stops doing this awful forgettable music she's been doing for the past 3 years.

I feel like Ariana Grande while having the longevity does not have the access and the ubiquity Katy Perry has, and its not her fault. Rather its a result of the climate Katy Perry thrived in vs when Ariana Grande hit it big.

Katy came at a time when musicians were almost always massive celebrities. The era of Gaga, Beyoncé, 1D, etc. meant music and fame came hand in hand.

Ariana came at a time when music has become so fractured and everyone has access to every subgenre they like at the tip of their finger.

If Ariana came during Katy's era I dont doubt shed eclipse her but because of the nature of the musical climate during Ariana's time, Ariana's celebrity is much weaker with the older gen but definitely the strongest with Gen Z.

Katy Perry has the bigger megahits but the sheer amount of hits Ariana has I feel like puts her above Katy. Katy has like 12 hits all megasmashes but Ariana has like 20+ songs that are all hits, varying from unavoidable Save Your Tears, 7 rings, thank u next, Problem and Bang Bang level to the longevity smashes like Into You and No Tears. Not to mention all of her hits are spread across nearly a decade since 2013.

Overall I'd put Ariana above Katy.

In terms of celebrity its Katy.

In terms of hits its Ariana.

Edited by MingYouToo

Firework is a classic

TGIF is a classic

Every 4th of July, people will be reminded of once a pop phenomenon, Katy Perry, who sang Firework, from an album with 5 #1 hits, Teenage Dream

So is TGIF, people still play it today to welcome the weekend

Ariana is cute in the main pop girl list today

A bigger celeb too

But she will be easily forgotten with many female artists breaking through the mainstream market

Katy has the bigger name and career. 

Neither has a good discography. 

Katy Perry sweetie....

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

What?

Ariana for the first 2 and Katy for the bigger career overall

Katy has like 2 amazing albums and 1 good album

Ariana has 1 bad album and the rest is good/excellent 

I'd give it to Ariana for all just based on her outlasting Katy & not ever having a Witness :rip:

i find this thread ironic considering the many times i’ve seen on this forum that Ariana “isn’t ready to headline the Super Bowl halftime show yet”. y’all really drive me crazy. :chick3:

Ariana is bigger right now but I am not sure her hits will be remembered in 5-10 years like some Katy's so I say Katy for discography and overall career. 

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.