Billy blames flop movie on straight people

Stepfon

4 hours ago, TanjiroKamado said:

gay people are so entitled. stop forcing your sh*t onto straight people when they are not comfortable with your situation. nobody owes you anything

FASHION-ICON-NINGNING.gif

Did you seriously just post this on the gayest ******* website in the world :deadbanana4:

Not only are you homophobic you’re a moron :deadbanana4:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocol

• TanjiroKamado

• Stepfon

• JBJT2786

1 hour ago, slik said:

Will never forgive him for ruining every AHS scene he was in.

He yells and yells and yells and is so cringe. The trailers made this look like a film for rich white gays over 50. Now Billy is acting a Karen because the entire country didn't fawn over him.

It kind of is lol. At one point in the movie one of the guys has a radical career change and this is while living in what looks like a very nice 2 bedroom apartment in Manhattan and it's just like :rip: I get there are people who are actually like that but they also try to pass him off as the son of an elementary school teacher from a small town. Like sis, no one without serious family money is quitting their job to start a side hustle business while they keep a big apartment in Manhattan in 2022.

22 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Did you seriously just post this on the gayest ******* website in the world :deadbanana4:

Not only are you homophobic you’re a moron :deadbanana4:

Right the AUDACITY to post that and also the worm-infested users on here defending IT, and then trying to say "but I'm bi!" Well you made damn sure to include the word GAY in your post.

The BLATANT HOMOPHOBIA in this thread...

Mods do something for the love of God... :biblio:

OT: Billy is right. Straight people, even so-called "allies," didn't show up for the movie. That's why we can't ever rely on straight people for anything. They pretend to be our allies but we should know better.

Umm it did what it could.. The gp still isn't up for a gay movie like that :coffee2:

Brokeback mountain and love Simon were the exception tbh 

that tweet about the reviews :dies:

corporate pandering and wokeness and obviously payola'd reviews not translating to GP. pretends to be shocked.gif

Haven’t seen it but the trailer gave “wait until it’s on streaming” vibes. Billy Eichner is a bit obnoxious too. 

I’m really over the the popper’d scene being the background of ‘ACTUALLY GAY!!’ stories. It’s like, yeah, that’s a section of the community but it’s by far not everyone, and that’s not what ~authentically queer is like (as there is no such thing). Also it’s so extremely focused on cis men still 

5 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

The film is bad because it's nothing but stereotype after cliche after sex joke. Brokeback Mountain was a completely new take in gay cinema, and Love, Simon and Call Me By Your Name were heartfelt stories that garnered relatability.

Oh you mean the film starring two straight white men who hook up then get married to two white women and the repressed unrequited affection of one ends in his death? Yes, that’s never been done before. Gays are used HEA endings. 

I saw the trailer at the cinema today and yikes the jokes were dry and the plot looked lame. I would only watch it for Billy's love interest since he is hot. Billy is also looking kinda good ngl

1002852653_undefined-Imgur.thumb.gif.aea 

2 hours ago, t.A.T.u. said:

Is icon Elena on it? otherwise I'm not watching :celestial:

There’s a certain icon in it

Drag Race Orange GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Bros,” the first gay romantic comedy from a major studio, arrived to an estimated $4.8 million in ticket sales in the United States and Canada, about 40 percent less than the low end of prerelease analyst expectations. Universal Pictures booked “Bros” onto 3,350 screens and spent an estimated $30 million to $40 million to promote it. “Bros,” starring Luke Macfarlane and Billy Eichner, who also co-wrote the script, cost roughly $22 million to make. It received mostly positive reviews.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/02/movies/bros-smile-box-office.html

I-

:rip:

5 hours ago, TanjiroKamado said:

unlike most lgbt people i dont need straight people's (or anyone for that matter) validation. thats all

The projection, stfu you did the most to get validated in here, embarrassing 

Entitled white gays really up on their asses 24/7, the world doesn't need lame movies from billy rechner

Billy can't accept the fact that nobody not even the gays, wanted to see his vanity project of a film. A box office bomb! :lmao:

I haven't watched the movie (I may watch it later when it's released on streaming services), but reading the comments here, I can't say I'm surprised some people found it clichéd and uninspired. I'm also not suprised it perpetuates harmful stereotypes. I mean, Billy WROTE the screenplay. He's a single man in his 40s who's all the time hooking up with guys on dating apps. For people like Billy, being gay isn't simply a part of who you are, or whom you're attracted to, but a lifestyle. 

6 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

People supported Brokeback Mountain, Moonlight, Call Me By Your Name and Dear Simon.

This just isn’t clicking, I saw the trailer in the cinema and remember not being impressed with it.

brokeback mountain is the only real hit from your list. neither moonlight nor call me by your name were box office successes, the latter didn't even cross $18M in the US even with the oscars bump. the expectations around them were obviously different though as low budget indies. i guess love simon is the most comparable and it opened with $11M in a much much more favorable box office climate  and a PG13 rating so i wouldn't really say it's performance was that stellar either. i haven't seen bros so i don't have an opinion on whether it deserved its poor performance or not, but the idea that gay-focused movies do well at the box office is just not true. billy is correct in the sense that these movies can succeed with niche audiences but they don't cross over. 

The trailer ir cringy and there’s no A-list, he’s not that well known or big as he thinks and this is a loser take.

I will be going to watch it but it gets released here in Mexico until Oct 26th.

Edited by Dark Phoenix

6 hours ago, KKW said:

He really thinks another movie about gay white men is groundbreaking

Hdjfjfnfbf this is what SENDS ME.. 

I haven't seen the movie, only the trailer. I kinda want to see it, but one thing grinds my gears in the trailer... 

They're acting like it's so revolutionary to have this masc, fem thing going on? :toofunny2:

Two tall white men with muscles falling in love is not the diverse serve they think it is 

1 hour ago, teresaguidice said:

brokeback mountain is the only real hit from your list. neither moonlight nor call me by your name were box office successes, the latter didn't even cross $18M in the US even with the oscars bump. the expectations around them were obviously different though as low budget indies. i guess love simon is the most comparable and it opened with $11M in a much much more favorable box office climate  and a PG13 rating so i wouldn't really say it's performance was that stellar either. i haven't seen bros so i don't have an opinion on whether it deserved its poor performance or not, but the idea that gay-focused movies do well at the box office is just not true. billy is correct in the sense that these movies can succeed with niche audiences but they don't cross over. 

Yep, ATRL has a loose definition of "hit" when it comes to this conversation.

It probably wasn’t sold out. Having inside tea of someone who works at a popular movie theater and one of the showings was emptier then a Tory Lanez concert 

Billy is kinda correct even tho he's quite annoying lol the movie is ok and funny. Not groundbreaking after all it's a romcom 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.