Billy blames flop movie on straight people

Stepfon

Oh i had a popup add on grindr yesterday with BROS i thought it was a HIV campaign :gaycat7:

It looked bad anyways. Like why is it even called BROS? :gaycat7:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Protocol

• TanjiroKamado

• Stepfon

• JBJT2786

The "failure" of this project can be blamed - not on the straights, or LGBTQ people who "didn't show up" - but on:

1. The genre being generally dead at the box office
2. End of September release date
3. Marketing that focused on how "groundbreaking" the film was, and told you why you *should* see it (for "representation"), rather than show you how funny it was, and why you should *want* to see it (because it's funny, and that's why you're actually going)
4. Billy Eichner, for (mis)casting himself

It sucks that he so quickly branded it a failure, too, because who wants to pay good money to see a failure?

Case closed.

spacer.png

Edited by DammnBaby

On 10/3/2022 at 12:07 AM, Bey'Knight said:

Oh you mean the film starring two straight white men who hook up then get married to two white women and the repressed unrequited affection of one ends in his death? Yes, that’s never been done before. Gays are used HEA endings. 

Just to let it out Jaír Glyenhall or however you spell his name is not straight :ducky:

6 minutes ago, Jaguarqueef said:

Just to let it out Jaír Glyenhall or however you spell his name is not straight :ducky:

How does he identify? I may have missed that moment in pop culture. 

21 minutes ago, Jaguarqueef said:

He's straight.. ppl need to stop fantasizing him being lgbtq

He was exposed as a creep by a female co-worker not long àgo

My #1 critique with the movie is definitely how grating and abrasive Billy was in the role of Bobby. He shouldn't have been the lead, he could've been the best friend instead. 

His co-star Luke was definitely a bit stiff for the role but had some tender moments. I agree the hot-buff-gay dude vs. skinny nerdy nerd gay trope is tired. I get maybe for a scene or two but it was a strong theme. 

All in all, I appreciated the humor and the cameos at the end of the film. The singing scene went on too long but I'm glad it got a happy ending.

Deserved to flop tbh trailer was insulting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.