Brazil presidential elections: Round 2 - Lula defeats Bolsonaro!! ??

Communion

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4Real

• Chemist

• Gui Blackout

• Communion

I literally could cry rn, I can't believe we'll finally start to get out of this nightmare

1 hour ago, MotoPapi said:

Isn’t lula corrupt and shady? Brazil o guess chose the best of 2 evils?

Def. shady, but corruption there's yet to have a veredict on that since due process for his conviction was proven biased, therefore null.

It's kind of a lesser of 2 evils situation for most people I guess, but bottom line is Lula never flirted with theocracy and fascism.

Edited by mathekr

The election results being that close - we’re doomed :rip:  The fact that these fascists keep gaining so much support, I have to laugh. 

congratulations :clap3:brazilians 

I'm Argentinian but leaving the classic rivalry between our countries aside, I'm very happy for Brazil!! :clap3:

this nightmare is finally over

BOLSONARO GO TO HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

I'M CRYING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS HAPPINNESS 

Brazilians to Bolsonaro:

Where my brazilian girls at? eu não tô aguentando de tanta felicidade! :weeps::heart2:

The way working class people, especially from black, indigenous and nordestino (northeast) communities, worked tirelessly during this entire campaign does not go unnoticed. These past months have been exhausting, but today's results goes to remind all brazilians the working class is the backbone of our democracy. 

I have my own criticisms to Lula and unfortunately this is probably going to see be his most economically conservative administration (to his own standards, of course), but it's important to have in mind there's no such thing as a perfect politician, especially as the head of a bourgeois state hostage to the Global North hegemony.

The push for christian fundamentalism is on the rise and our congress is currently a fascist mess, so Brazil is in a complicated and nuanced scenario and there's no one better than Lula to lead our country to better days. 

Edited by Scars

1 hour ago, nsst said:

820k likes :deadbanana4:

1million now

wow

congrats to brasil 

GO TO HELL BOLSONARO, THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER YOU MOTHERF***ER :gaygacat6:

I'M SO HAPPY, HOLY F***ING SH*T

I LITERALLY DRANK A WHOLE BOTTLE OF WINE GKANGJAKKGKAKW

BOLSONARO THE FIRST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY TO NOT GET A SECOND TERM, A COMMERCIAL AND CRITICAL FAILURE :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

evil was defeated :clap3: we are celebrating all across the country! Today is a winning day for our Democracy 

1 minute ago, gustavothehuman said:

BOLSONARO THE FIRST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY TO NOT GET A SECOND TERM, A COMMERCIAL AND CRITICAL FAILURE :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

1 - OUT

panned, flopped, fraud, payola, tanked

4 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

Isn’t lula corrupt 

Lula was arrested for 'corruption' as the result of a shady federal police investigation that was orchestrated by right-wing lobbyists and heavily influenced by the US. Not only the entire judicial procedure was a mess full of irregularities, but also was a direct attack on Brazil's sovereignty.

His conviction was rightfully annulled by our Supreme Court.

_________

This was literally just two days ago, I know so many sections of the western political spectrum are fuming right now. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Scars

FASCISTAS JAMAIS GANHARÃO! Que dia histórico. Minha família nojenta querendo fugir do país. Brigas sem fim, mas meu coração tá quentinho! :heart:

Edited by Artur

1 hour ago, Scars said:

Where my brazilian girls at? eu não tô aguentando de tanta felicidade! :weeps::heart2:

The way working class people, especially from black, indigenous and nordestino (northeast) communities, worked tirelessly during this entire campaign does not go unnoticed. These past months have been exhausting, but today's results goes to remind all brazilians the working class is the backbone of our democracy. 

I have my own criticisms to Lula and unfortunately this is probably going to see be his most economically conservative administration (to his own standards, of course), but it's important to have in mind there's no such thing as a perfect politician, especially as the head of a bourgeois state hostage to the Global North hegemony.

The push for christian fundamentalism is on the rise and our congress is currently a fascist mess, so Brazil is in a complicated and nuanced scenario and there's no one better than Lula to lead our country to better days. 

23 minutes ago, Scars said:

Lula was arrested for 'corruption' as the result of a shady federal police investigation that was orchestrated by right-wing lobbyists and heavily influenced by the US. Not only the entire judicial procedure was a mess full of irregularities, but also was a direct attack on Brazil's sovereignty.

His conviction was rightfully annulled by our Supreme Court.

_________

This was literally just two days ago, I know so many sections of the western political spectrum are fuming right now. :deadbanana2:

Sending you lots of support and camaraderie from the US! :hug:

29 minutes ago, Communion said:

Sending you lots of support and camaraderie from the US! :hug:

Thank you for the love, sis! It means a lot! :date3:

5 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

Isn’t lula corrupt and shady? Brazil o guess chose the best of 2 evils?

No one in brazilian politics is completely honest, Lula did some sketchy things indeed, but the way he got treated over them was completely unfair. I mean, he literally got our country out of the hunger map!

His arrest a few years ago was based on a shady trial without consistent proofs and he ultimately got out of this situation because the judge was proved to be biased.

Anyway... What matters is that Lula never flirted with the fascist/nazi crowd like Bolsonaro. Also, the latter consistently f***ed us over during his mandate, he's basically the brazilian Trump.

Lula made mistakes, that's for sure, but he's also one of the greatest politicians in our country's history!

Edited by gustavothehuman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.