Most Streamed R&B Songs of All Time on Spotify - Tammi Terrell 3rd Female to Hit 1B

Armani?

11 minutes ago, moonlitdick said:

Starboy & Peaches? :ahh: Positions by Ariana is more R&B than those (1.1B)

The Grammys nominated Positions for Best Pop Solo performance vs Peaches for Best R&B Performance

Peaches also got Urban airplay whereas Positions didnt:zzz:

I dont even like the song, but that's why it's here. It's obvious Bieber wanted to get a "R&B song" recognition hence the features on it

5 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The Grammys nominated Positions for Best Pop Solo performance vs Peaches for Best R&B Performance

Peaches also got Urban airplay whereas Positions didnt:zzz:

I dont even like the song, but that's why it's here. It's obvious Bieber wanted to get a "R&B song" recognition hence the features

You might as well throw Blinding Lights into the roster since it got the same amount of urban airplay too :ahh:

6 minutes ago, moonlitdick said:

You might as well throw Blinding Lights into the roster since it got the same amount of urban airplay too :ahh:

Blinding Lights isnt here for obvious reasons :rip:

Blinding Lights didnt even get Urban airplay. It's just listed as R&B on the main chart (which it shouldn't be since it's one of the most Pop songs in existence)

Screenshot-20220924-195642-Chrome.jpg

some of these aren't R&B :redface: the top 3 def aren't R&B at all, Talk is more of a Deep House track i'd say (typical Disclosure production), i'd argue Peaches is barely R&B either

i'm surprised Boo'd Up still only has 350m+ streams on Spotify, even less than Trip (388m) i thought it should've made it here, same case with Muni Long Hrs & Hrs only has below 120m, SZA should be here soon with Good Days though

45 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

some of these aren't R&B :redface: the top 3 def aren't R&B at all, Talk is more of a Deep House track i'd say (typical Disclosure production), i'd argue Peaches is barely R&B either

i'm surprised Boo'd Up still only has 350m+ streams on Spotify, even less than Trip (388m) i thought it should've made it here, same case with Muni Long Hrs & Hrs only has below 120m, SZA should be here soon with Good Days though

The Hills is a Alternative R&B & Trap track. It's a very non traditional type of track

Talk is Electro R&B the way it is written & kind of cliche

Heartbreak Anniversary appears to be outpacing it, so probably not

1 hour ago, dussymob said:

All of these songs are R&B, I don’t know what y’all talking about. R&B is not just limited to slow jams…

agreed pop R&B is still R&B

genre purist are the worst :rip: 

51 minutes ago, Katamari said:

agreed pop R&B is still R&B

genre purist are the worst :rip: 

Idk y they even attempt doing it 

R&B got wayyy to many subgenres and different styles:skull:

Some songs here arent even blending with Pop, but with Hip Hop 

Yeah is Crunk & R&B and **** Love is blending Emo styled Hip Hop with R&B

I had no idea Bryson's Tiller don't was that huge, Slay! :clap3:

How is The Hills not R&B…:huh:

Yall think everything is pop at this point. Pop isn’t even a pure music genre :bibliahh:

Edited by dussymob

The way I asked to name songs that I may have forgot in the OP and yall did this mess instead

Yall don't even agree on songs besides the very obvious couple

Cuz y is someone saying Talk is R&B then someone else here saying it's just Deep House (when it's Electro R&B):skull:

3 hours ago, Armani? said:

The way I asked to name songs that I may have forgot in the OP and yall did this mess instead

Yall don't even agree on songs besides the very obvious couple

Cuz y is someone saying Talk is R&B then someone else here saying it's just Deep House (when it's Electro R&B):skull:

Then they make argument for a song being pop. What is even a pop genre when you think about it. It’s all derived from other music genres. 

8 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Then they make argument for a song being pop. What is even a pop genre when you think about it. It’s all derived from other music genres. 

The only song they have a point with is Starboy since it's more electroPop than electroR&B

& Peaches is here because I have to be fair

15 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The only song they have a point with is Starboy since it's more electroPop than electroR&B

& Peaches is here because I have to be fair

Peaches is R&B though, if it was Chris Brown no one would question it. 

• 6 months later...

Updated, Giveon remains at #1 Bubbling Under with Heartbreak Anniversary

• 1 month later...

Tammi Terrell becomes 3rd female to Hit 1B streams with R&B song, after Rihanna & H.E.R.

SZA & Giveon enter

Khalid's Talk OUT

1 minute ago, Green said:

@Armani? what about Khalid's Young Dumb & Broke and Better?

Didn't include them, since they didn't send them to Urban radio

Streets is coming

54 minutes ago, dabunique said:

Streets is coming

It won't reach the Top 20, it slowed down

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

It won't reach the Top 20, it slowed down

:noparty:

Lol @ people saying R&B is pop music when it’s pop music that’s just a watered down R&B a decade or two behind in sound with less vocal technique.

American country music is the same, and even rap nowadays is mostly R&B without having a good singing voice

shouldnt Halo be on here, aint it Pop R&B?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.