The Rise Of Lonely, Single Men

AbeHicks

35 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Men are not saying "no" to women. What do you mean? About 90% of the time men are the ones being rejected, not the other way around.

And a man is still expected to provide for his spouse, but more and more men do not have the ability to support another person(s). That's probably a huge reason why we're seeing a rise in the number of men who cannot attract a mate.

Men are not saying “No” to women, a large percentage just stopped reaching them.

There is a common misconception that women are saying “no” to men because there’s a loud minority of simps inflating their ego online, in dating apps and stalking them or messaging like crazy. But it’s a smaller percentage than ever.

Men in general are slowly losing interest for sex thanks to social media, games and other dopamine stimulants that unfortunately have replaced it. Financial stress is also a huge reason.

And the idea of men having to provide for women is also obsolete. Everything is slowly changing.

Edited by Trent W

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tropez

• Trent W

• Aristide

• Grumpy Cat

5 hours ago, arceus said:

This is why straight men are so hostile towards the hypersexual gays :deadbanana2: They are probably jealous we can hook up every single day with different people 

There’s so many gay men like that. Tons of gay incels. 

But of course Atrl wont see that. Just look at all the “not like the other gays” and the puritan gays crying that they cant get a man because they think all men are sluts. 

35 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Men are not saying “No” to women, a large percentage just stopped reaching them.

There is a common misconception that women are saying “no” to men because there’s a loud minority of simps inflating their ego online, in dating apps and stalking them or messaging like crazy. But it’s a smaller percentage than ever.

Men in general are slowly losing interest for sex thanks to social media, games and other dopamine stimulants that unfortunately have replaced it. Financial stress is also a huge reason.

And the idea of men having to provide for women is also obsolete. Everything is slowly changing.

This is tremendously false. Women are no longer taking crap from men. They aren’t going to be unhappy married like their mothers, and their mothers mothers before them. Secondly, there’s tons of men on apps. They outnumber women. Tinder, Hinge, etc have the stats to prove this. 

Because women are outnumbered, they have a larger pick of men. Men are simply awful when talking to women. They don’t know how to communicate, and put little effort. The men that do, are the ones having no issue getting women. 

8 minutes ago, Tropez said:

This is tremendously false. Women are no longer taking crap from men. They aren’t going to be unhappy married like their mothers, and their mothers mothers before them. Secondly, there’s tons of men on apps. They outnumber women. Tinder, Hinge, etc have the stats to prove this. 

Because women are outnumbered, they have a larger pick of men. Men are simply awful when talking to women. They don’t know how to communicate, and put little effort. The men that do, are the ones having no issue getting women. 

Your entire post sounds like Feminist propaganda from tiktok or twitter.

Maybe because that’s the content you follow.

I’ve seen that and also the incels calling women parasites for being dependent on men all the time. 

Truth is social media is just triggering people.

22 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Your entire post sounds like Feminist propaganda from tiktok or twitter.

Maybe because that’s the content you follow.

I’ve seen that and also the incels calling women parasites for being dependent on men all the time. 

Truth is social media is just triggering people.

What are you even going on about? Definition of talking out of ones ass. 

Let's start with facts. Cold hard data and research, not your feelings. 

According to an article from MIT:

men and women use entirely different strategies to engage a potential mate on Tinder. Men tend to like a large proportion of the women they view but receive only a tiny fraction of matches in return—just 0.6 percent. Women use the opposite strategy. They are far more selective about who they like but have a much higher matching rate of about 10 percent.

They also noted men tend to put in less effort in their profile, and when they engage with women. And because they tend to not get as much matches, they put in less effort. A catch-22. 

That suggests two simple things men can do to significantly improve the number of matches they get on Tinder—include a bio and more photos.

That implies the existence of a vicious circle of behavior that forces men and women into more extreme strategies. “Our findings suggest a ‘feedback loop,’ whereby men are driven to be less selective in the hope of attaining a match, whilst women are increasingly driven to be more selective, safe in the knowledge that any profiles they like will probably result in a match,” say Tyson and co.

One end point from such a feedback loop is that men will end up liking all the women they see, while women will be guaranteed a match every time they like somebody. In that case, Tinder will effectively be broken.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2016/07/15/158803/how-tinder-feedback-loop-forces-men-and-women-into-extreme-strategies/

In another study published in the American Communication Journal

When it comes to cyber dating, males and females may be motivated to use sites or apps for different purposes. According to Statistic Brain Research Institute (2015), 52.4% of online daters are male, whereas 47.6% are female. While slightly more men use online dating than women, the differences may be larger in reference to specific dating websites or applications. For example, McGrath (2015) reports that the ratio of men to women on the Tinder mobile dating app is 60:40. 

https://www.csus.edu/faculty/m/fred.molitor/docs/cyber-dating.pdf

Another study that defeats your points. Men use Tinder and dating apps to look for casual sex, more so than women. This is according to the University of Amsterdam. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0736585316301216

Another point, women get way more matches than men. This links to a study from Cornell University. 

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1607.01952.pdf

Now, please back up your claims with sources. 

9 minutes ago, Tropez said:

What are you even going on about? Definition of talking out of ones ass. 

Let's start with facts. Cold hard data and research, not your feelings. 

According to an article from MIT:

They also noted men tend to put in less effort in their profile, and when they engage with women. And because they tend to not get as much matches, they put in less effort. A catch-22. 

https://www.technologyreview.com/2016/07/15/158803/how-tinder-feedback-loop-forces-men-and-women-into-extreme-strategies/

In another study published in the American Communication Journal

https://www.csus.edu/faculty/m/fred.molitor/docs/cyber-dating.pdf

Another study that defeats your points. Men use Tinder and dating apps to look for casual sex, more so than women. This is according to the University of Amsterdam. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0736585316301216

Another point, women get way more matches than men. This links to a study from Cornell University. 

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1607.01952.pdf

Now, please back up your claims with sources. 

Did you miss the part in my original post were I said that there’s a loud minority of simps online are inflating women’s ego? Not every men is on dating apps.

Your large ass essay is just proving one of the points I initially made.

You are basically arguing for the sake of arguing.

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Did you miss the part in my original post were I said that there’s a loud minority of simps online are inflating women’s ego? Not every men is on dating apps.

Your large ass essay is just proving one of the points I initially made.

You are basically arguing for the sake of arguing.

Just pack it up and admit you're wrong. I came with facts, you did not. You cannot factually prove your point. 

You clearly are being incorrectly influenced by "alt fringe" online media, and other rage content. 

22 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Just pack it up and admit you're wrong. I came with facts, you did not. You cannot factually prove your point. 

You clearly are being incorrectly influenced by "alt fringe" online media, and other rage content. 

There is no right or wrong :deadbanana2:

You are just repeating feminist wishful thinking of “All women are tired of men and now reject them” ideas.

If you genuinely believe in that you are ignorant and lack critical thinking skills cause generalized statements like that are spoken by people who are literally stupid.

Everyone who participates in the spectrum of feminist vs incels is literally an idiot.

I’m just trying to observe the situation from outside.

It’s not black or white it’s all gray.

I just moved to Denver from Boulder and my love life continues to disappoint. no guy wants to commit (they all just think i’m fun for a fleeting moment) and no girl wants to deal with my flamboyance. i might just go get married to my best friend back in maryland and we’ll have a baby and both of us will go to grad school and become professors. we’re both bi and poly after all, and we’re both far more emotionally intelligent than anybody either of us have seen in the past 3 or 4 years

it does make sense that people feel lonelier. this generation feels very lost and neurotic and afraid of even the possibility of turbulence in the distant future 

8 hours ago, Trent W said:

Straight men are also starting to wake up and say no to women and carrying the weight of being the one who carries the whole family financially 

It goes both ways tbh.

I think we need to evolve and accept that being in a relationship is not a must and that is okay to go on alone.

We have been brainwashed for centuries into marriage and families so elites have more work force and wealth growth.

Is okay to be alone, people who think having a relationship is a success are usually ****** up.

Men aren't saying no to women they make up a significant majority of dating app users and actively seek female partnership. MGTOW isn't real life, it's just incels on the internet talking big.

Women are the gatekeepers here, not men and it's why we're seeing an uptick in single and miserable men.

16 hours ago, Grumpy Cat said:

i made peace with the fact i'll die alone long time ago

better than being desperate, stuck in some patriarchy bs and being a slave to some dude who'd beat me, cheat on me and use me just for s.ex and money.

so...there u go guys, end of civilization is coming and i personally dont give a **** :gaycat5:

midsommar-crying.gif

I'm howling 

10 hours ago, Trent W said:

There is no right or wrong :deadbanana2:

You are just repeating feminist wishful thinking of “All women are tired of men and now reject them” ideas.

If you genuinely believe in that you are ignorant and lack critical thinking skills cause generalized statements like that are spoken by people who are literally stupid.

Everyone who participates in the spectrum of feminist vs incels is literally an idiot.

I’m just trying to observe the situation from outside.

It’s not black or white it’s all gray.

Yup, you’re just spewing a bunch of pure BS. 

You made large, sweeping, angry points. Then when asked to back up your claims, you get even more aggressive. 

You sound exactly like those “feminists and incels” you are deriding. 

Like I said, just pack it up. Know that you’re wrong, and become better educated on things. 

6 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

Men aren't saying no to women they make up a significant majority of dating app users and actively seek female partnership. MGTOW isn't real life, it's just incels on the internet talking big.

Women are the gatekeepers here, not men and it's why we're seeing an uptick in single and miserable men.

He doesn’t get it. Like where is he getting his arguments from even? It’s essentially common knowledge many of the apps are male dominated. 

24 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Yup, you’re just spewing a bunch of pure BS. 

You made large, sweeping, angry points. Then when asked to back up your claims, you get even more aggressive. 

You sound exactly like those “feminists and incels” you are deriding. 

Like I said, just pack it up. Know that you’re wrong, and become better educated on things. 

No one is angry, I’m just saying that dating apps are just a small percentage of what’s going on in the real world.

Most people are not on dating apps. Your claims and “facts” all come from what’s going on in dating apps. Which already mentioned like 100x it’s were is fulls of hungry desperate men.

There are a lot more reasons why men are lonely other than girls gatekeeping on dating apps.

What I’ve also noticed is that most of the times gay men repeat the same feminist pov because they resent straight men in the same way.

What you posted is not wrong is just not the full picture tho.

Edited by Trent W

20 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Do you think this is true? Should we all go to therapy?

yes we all should, perhaps we'll realize that being single is simply better 95AD1572-4E90-4D5D-AA46-388853E1FF20.thu

No complaints here. Anything that contributes to the dissolution of western society is welcome in my view.

Single by choice. I discovered that I just don't like being in a relationship that much. I'm happier alone.
My previous bf was perfect. But I ended the relationship because I prefer being alone :sorry:

23 hours ago, arceus said:

They are probably jealous we can hook up every single day with different people 

But at the end of the day gay men are just as emotionally starved as straight men so Im not sure what you’re trying to flex sis:bibliahh:

Don’t care, I enjoy the freedom and non-commitment of being single so I’m totally fine with being alone. :cm:

a lot of this just stems from men not wanting to do and be better for themselves and people around them :biblionny:

masculinity itself is not /  doesn’t have to be toxic but as long as men cling onto misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, etc. etc. in a world where people are tired of having to put up with bigoted nonsense, we will have stories like this. 

we can definitely have great conversations and do something about men’s mental health but treating these men like victims without ever holding them accountable won’t help anyone, them included. 

On 9/22/2022 at 9:08 PM, Grumpy Cat said:

i made peace with the fact i'll die alone long time ago

better than being desperate, stuck in some patriarchy bs and being a slave to some dude who'd beat me, cheat on me and use me just for s.ex and money.

so...there u go guys, end of civilization is coming and i personally dont give a **** :gaycat5:

oh that made me little better! thank you! :-*f*ck them

How does this work though? I mean... if my math is correct, for every lonely, single man there must be one lonely, single woman.

People in here demonizing men lol.

Straight men have it extremely difficult unless they have the looks or the money. And that is just a FACT. They have to put in all the work. I honestly pity them.

And to think "toxic masculity" makes women back out is ridiculous. In fact, I would venture to claim that it is a highly demanded trait - SADLY.

You can feel lonely and be unhappy in a relationship too, trust me, I've been there.... you can be so lonely and unhappy and yet also afraid of change that you actively seek out opportunities to be alone, live separately, travel separately, in essence mimicking a single life while technically not being single, but in practice you may as well be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.