Ariana tops UK iTunes

Jonathan

Guys the song went #1 bc of the video circlin of the crowd singing it. It's a song that sounds very somber and anthem-y, and the sight of the huge crowd all shouting the lyrics is v beauty, so it caught on. It has nothing to do with what Ariana song is more uplifting:rip:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EnoughSaid

• Mezter

• Squall

• Pink Ranger

35 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

I knew ATRL was dumb but suggesting BA should have been the tribute song is just plain stupidity :cm:

This.

OLT was chosen and the video spreading of Manchester arena singing it is extremely  haunting but also its resonating with a lot of people clearly. 

A song about break up sex is now dedicated to the victims of a terrorist attack..

4 minutes ago, OnikaFarts said:

A song about break up sex is now dedicated to the victims of a terrorist attack..

:skull: 

Talent won :(

It's so poetic. Even not knowing that it was the last song played before the bomb went off, it's the best song to play a tribute to the victims. It's my favorite Ariana Grande song and I think it has always been underplayed due to the awful video and timing as the fourth single on that album. So bittersweet, but I'm so happy that this song can provide something amazing for the UK and get an iconic new peak there as well.

6 hours ago, GypsyLife said:

Exactly.... so it's not all of the sudden Ariana fans buying into this song but people in general too because of a sentiment. Which is why it seemed like he's boasting about sales figures, which is a bit of poor taste in this circumstance. 

You completely misinterpreted my post. Read it again.

I love this song so much!

8 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

It was the song she played just before the blast happened and there are quite a lot of videos circulating that show the crowd singing along to it

No it wasn't.

5 hours ago, OnikaFarts said:

It's not about break up sex it's a song about being able to experience the highs of a relationship one last time. If a relationship is synonymous with sex... that's you're problem. 

The song has some very poignant lyrics that are eerily similar to the circumstances of the attack. Great songs can be interpreted in multiple ways.

44 minutes ago, Lemon Drops said:

No it wasn't.

Ok i think this has been said enough now in this thread lol.

the fact that a few of us thought it shows that maybe the public thought it too

4 hours ago, Jet said:

You completely misinterpreted my post. Read it again.

I know what you were trying to say, I was merely pointing out why it could be perceived that way, it's all good honey.

My favorite Ariana song. :frown:

---

?One last time

I need to be the one who takes you home?

Unfortunately, their friends, their parents, their relatives were not able to bring them home alive. :cries:

May all those souls who perished rest in peace. And to those who were affected by this senseless act of violence in one way or another - Ariana, her team, her fans and the relatives of those who died - may you find the strength to get through these trying times.

instead of buying the song, go donate to the victims....

2 minutes ago, grace said:

instead of buying the song, go donate to the victims....

I hate how you guys always try to make people feel guilty, that's unbearable. if they want to buy the song as a tribute, then let them do it.

Edited by Squall

Do y'all think this will top the charts? It's got a big lead and has another version at 15

edit: maybe not this week cos it's only been top for 2 days, but next week maybe

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey

Such an amazing song and I think it's a nice tribute

It's already Gold in the UK but I hope it can repeak 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.