Why is Taylor the only woman who can compete with the men?

Bosque

8 hours ago, Monster Queen said:

You know what is my feeling after reading all your post? The insecurity. No one invalidates Rihanna‘s domination in songs sale. The point is, this thread is about why Taylor Swift is the only female name among all this male artists which has nothing to do with Rihanna. You Navy rushed in, bring Rihanna into the conversation, and argued with swifties about those "pure sales" **** :rip:seems like Rihanna is more successful than Taylor cause she has sold more songs.:bibliahh: Taylor still outstream, outtour and outsell Rihanna (in album sales and SPS, if you want me point it out more specifically:michael:). And ChartMaster is not the only one or the first one who translates streams number into album units , the Billboard, HDD and even IFPI does it. You says you disagree it, and who cares? Are you opinion more important than Billboard? You writes an 2000 words essay try to prove that adding up album sales and single sales together simply and crudely to generate the amount of "record sales" is a decent metric to judge artist's success. Yes, the concept of record sales has been used widely, cause it is a very intuitive indicator to GP who don't really care about the music industry. But anyone who in this site who doesn't have mental illness know that an artist sold 10 millions albums is much more successful than an artist who sold 10 million singles even though they actually have the same amount of record sales. Don't act dumb, please. And do you really believe Taylor Swift has ZERO GP support while her songs is streamed 36 million times per day ONLY in Spotify, do you how big is this number? Is her fanbase bigger than GP?  :bibliahh:

:coffee2:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RihFenty20

• Klein

• Badgalbriel

• Headlock

On 8/30/2022 at 6:50 AM, Starshine said:

Anyway to be on topic. Plenty of reasons. Taylor’s reach to most audiences is much more broad than other girls with niche audiences. She’s white, blonde, beautiful, relatable, authentic. Her fanbase are aligned with those that used to stan One Direction and the white female audience is the strongest bunch when it comes to consuming music. She also can thrive in places like Asia given the obvious colorism/racism they have towards black artists. I feel like Rihanna is the closest to her reach. Gaga and Bey have their strong bases as well, but it’s much more niche with the type of music they make. Bey has a grip on black people, PoC, and gays. Her white appeal has diminished post-IASF and that’s understandable given R&B hasn’t been strong since the early 90s/00s. Gaga makes gay music, period. 

Taylor has also been the most consistent releasing music. The re-recordings have garnered interest and is a fantastic introduction for people who have never been into her music. Because they are “new” albums released in the 2020’s. I even found myself as a casual fan to purchase her TV vinyls because they are now accessible and I find it cool that I have that opportunity to dive into her world.

“Asia given the obvious colorism/racism they have towardsblack artists.“… you only assumed Asia has fair skinned people like k drama right? That’s actually tone deaf and racist … there’s huge part of Asia which has black skin colour if not ethically black they still are target of racism… and colourism is prevalent in any community… this remark just to vilify Taylor was not it 

Her whole career has been interesting. Early on, she made an effort to seem 'down to earth' and connect with her fans. She really cared about her fans throughout and I guess they saw that and stuck w/her. They're very loyal and to me she's very 'different' where I feel like she actually, genuinely, likes her fans :laugh:

Because she makes nice enough music that appeals to the lowest common denominator. She’s the Friends of music. Not that it’s a bad thing, but she’s all promotion. 

As a taylor fan I would say, instead of thinking other female artists are not as good, i blame sexism and misogyny. Notice how straight women have no problem listening to male artists but straight men and their sexist bs demeaning female artists especially female pop singers till this day happens vehemently. 

She's done a great job at mastering the streaming era - the biggest pro being consistent releases, which feeds the algorithms and playlisting/fan base. Almost all of the male artists in the T10 release similarly.

Ariana was kind of the guinea pig for this in terms of pop girls, but has tapered out recently since she hasn't released in awhile.

On 9/1/2022 at 12:13 AM, kimberly said:

not denying Taylor's power at all, but I want to point out that Taylor Swift (12) has released as many albums as Gaga (6) + Adele (4) + Eilish (2) combined, lol. (9 studio albums + 2 TVs + two singles off of 1989 TV)

bigger catalog helps with bigger streaming total :cm: 

this is apparent because Taylor Swift's most streamed album is Lover, #56 on the all-time list. female albums ahead of it:

#3 Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

#6 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

#7 Billie Eilish - WWAFAWDWG

#12 Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR

#20 Billie Eilish - Don't Smile At Me (EP)

#23 Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

#40 Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

#41 Doja Cat - Planet Her

#44 Rihanna - ANTI

#47 Adele - 25

#49 Anne-Marie - Speak Your Mind

#52 Adele - 21

Lover will take many of these albums down over time tho, same with 1989 and possibly Reputation too. 

Streams yesterday 

Thank U, Next - 2.09M

Dangerous Woman - 1.58M

ANTI - 2.32M

25 - 2.11M

Speak Your Mind - 1.34M

21 - 2.53M

Lover - 4.61M

#71 1989 - 4.51M

#74  Reputation - 4.07M

I see your point about small catalogues not being big enough to compete with 10 album worth of catalogues but still, i don't think it is logical to compare albums from an artist who debuted 16 years ago to peak era albums of streaming era girls like Dua/Olivia/Billie etc. 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:57 AM, anklebiterrs said:

Because she makes nice enough music that appeals to the lowest common denominator. She’s the Friends of music. Not that it’s a bad thing, but she’s all promotion. 

5b271508ce674_GagaAvatar.thumb.jpg.3f560

On 9/2/2022 at 2:57 AM, anklebiterrs said:

This is actually a great way of putting it :rip: She kinda has the perfect combo of music that appeals to many different kinds of people and the marketing genius to effectively sell it. It feel like it has less to do with the quality of her output (the GP has trash taste, for the most part) and more with the way she's flawlessly branded herself over the years.

On 9/3/2022 at 11:34 PM, EdgeofTeeth said:

This is actually a great way of putting it :rip: She kinda has the perfect combo of music that appeals to many different kinds of people and the marketing genius to effectively sell it. It feel like it has less to do with the quality of her output (the GP has trash taste, for the most part) and more with the way she's flawlessly branded herself over the years.

I love Britney but often for Britney albums there is a clear difference in production value between the singles and the album cuts-for Taylor that isn't really the case (e.g. Reputation) so I think her quality of music (i.e. the amount of effort put in) is quite high.

• 1 month later...

Now that she discarded Drake into the trash, I guess it's time for her to compete with herself 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.