Why is Taylor the only woman who can compete with the men?

Bosque

Someone really needs to explain to me why the world (especially America) loves Eminem so much. What makes him so special? :deadbanana4:

Edited by Love Again

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RihFenty20

• Klein

• Badgalbriel

• Headlock

3 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Someone really needs to explain to me why the world (especially America) loves Eminem so much. What makes him so special? :deadbanana4:

Being the gateway drug for white people getting into rap. He’s talented and an obvious standout in a space of white mediocrity. :skull: But then the white teens grew up and actually listened to good and innovative hip hop. :rip: There was a study back in the day that white people were 70% of the consumers of hip hop. :deadbanana4:

She works harder on music than all of them : she has recorded, written (TV are old records but she still added new songs and lines) and released 6 albums and will add another one in October. So 7 different albums in 5 years. That's a frequency that hasn't been matched since maybe Aretha Franklin. And they're good too.

She is also HUNGRY as hell and has no shame to show it. She takes her fans on an experience with every album and makes sure to maximize both their enjoyment and sales. 

Most singers now are either lazy and have little passion left for music therefore they put all efforts in side businesses for money. Meanwhile Taylor puts and gives her all in music first and foremost, always. 

It's really a shame how men dominate for very little but tbh, a lot of them haven't shown up hard enough. Bad Bunny, Drake and some rappers release a new album yearly and sometimes even every 8 months. It's hard to compete with them, she's the only one with the drive to do so. 

Edited by BnPac

Anyway to be on topic. Plenty of reasons. Taylor’s reach to most audiences is much more broad than other girls with niche audiences. She’s white, blonde, beautiful, relatable, authentic. Her fanbase are aligned with those that used to stan One Direction and the white female audience is the strongest bunch when it comes to consuming music. She also can thrive in places like Asia given the obvious colorism/racism they have towards black artists. I feel like Rihanna is the closest to her reach. Gaga and Bey have their strong bases as well, but it’s much more niche with the type of music they make. Bey has a grip on black people, PoC, and gays. Her white appeal has diminished post-IASF and that’s understandable given R&B hasn’t been strong since the early 90s/00s. Gaga makes gay music, period. 

Taylor has also been the most consistent releasing music. The re-recordings have garnered interest and is a fantastic introduction for people who have never been into her music. Because they are “new” albums released in the 2020’s. I even found myself as a casual fan to purchase her TV vinyls because they are now accessible and I find it cool that I have that opportunity to dive into her world.

She been building her enormous fanbase for years, performing at every county fair and mall in Wyomings and ****. That was the ward work and that paid off.

Her sipping white wine, writing singies about high school romance ain't hard work
ezgif-3-0d9686f063.thumb.jpeg.1188d82c1c

48 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

She been building her enormous fanbase for years, performing at every county fair and mall in Wyomings and ****. That was the ward work and that paid off.

Her sipping white wine, writing singies about high school romance ain't hard work
ezgif-3-0d9686f063.thumb.jpeg.1188d82c1c

Singing other people's lyrics are also not very difficult

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

Singing other people's lyrics are also not very difficult

Correct. Your point, swiftie?

5914e7c1678fe_cc19b4e4.thumb_gifc200.ecd

13 hours ago, shookspeare said:

there's not another girl with her passion and drive, it's inspiring to watch tbh

Simply put, yeah

She deserves it :cm: 

3 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

You're telling me that 1989 is not dominating. That Fearless is not dominating. That being the biggest selling female artist is this century is not dominating. My god, at this point this is just dumb. Taylor is the biggest female artist last decade and this decade she will be too apparently. That's called dominating. Not you adding Rihanna to the list as of she has ever dominated ****. :ahh:

Having success is not dominating, multiple people succeed at once, however only

1 person can dominate as per the definition of the word. I’m not going to argue schematics since factually Rihanna is the best selling act to debut this century by record sales but I know you’re about to cry about singles and blah blah blah and I’m not rehashing that convo. 

However, my point is words have meanings and you can’t dominate a metric if there’s multiple people achieving similar success as you. Drake, Rihanna and Eminem are examples of what true DOMINATION Looks like In a metric, nobody is touching them in any of those categories. Drake is the only one that can lose his crown but Eminem and Rihanna’s sales are set it stone unless pure sales get revived. Taylor sees success in every metric but she does not dominate any metric. *Words have meanings*

Quickly, tell me who has sold the most songs ever. Since my adding of Rihanna as a showcase of domination is a problem? You can reference any act from any era. Which one of them have sold most songs?:allears:

6 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

How old are you? cause you come across like a 12 year old petulant child.

Maybe I should give the pile of sh*t that is Taylor’s “music” another chance then. Since that’s her main demographic. :rip:

22 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

Correct. Your point, swiftie?

5914e7c1678fe_cc19b4e4.thumb_gifc200.ecd

No no, even easier than singing other people's lyrics is being almost a cover artist. You get other people's melodies from 30 years ago, other people's lyrics, and voila, you have a new album. 

Just now, RihFenty20 said:

1 person can dominate as per the definition of the word. I’m not going to argue schematics since factually Rihanna is the best selling act to debut this century by record sales but I know you’re about to cry about singles and blah blah blah and I’m not rehashing that convo. 

However, my point is words have meanings and you can’t dominate a metric if there’s multiple people achieving similar success as you. Drake, Rihanna and Eminem are examples of what true DOMINATION Looks like In a metric, nobody is touching them in any of those categories. Drake is the only one that can lose his crown but Eminem and Rihanna’s sales are set it stone unless pure sales get revived. Taylor sees success in every metric but she does not dominate any metric. *Words have meanings*

Quickly, tell me who has sold the most songs ever. Since my adding of Rihanna as a showcase of domination is a problem? You can reference any act from any era. Which one of them have sold most songs?:allears:

Maybe I should give the pile of sh*t that is Taylor’s “music” another chance then. Since that’s her main demographic. :rip:

Rihanna has never dominated ****. No one cares about record sales. Albums and singles cannot be added up together. 

7 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Rihanna has never dominated ****. No one cares about record sales. Albums and singles cannot be added up together. 

Neither should streams and sales, yet here we are. I care about record sales, hence the reason I brought it up :rip:

But you didn’t answer my question. Who has sold more songs than Rihanna. I told you to use any act from any era. If you

can point me to an act then I’ll agree that Rihanna has not dominated song sales. Here, I’ll make it a little easier. Point me to an act that has sold a similar amount of songs as Rihanna. Since by definition, if anyone comes close to her range, she didn’t dominate anything. So again, point me to someone else who has sold close to 250M songs? :allears:

Edited by RihFenty20

9 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

If being the biggest artist that debuted this century is not dominating, then you do you. 

13 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

Taylor has drive, some of the other girls drop lead singles/albums, suffer memory loss and vacation overseas on yachts.

:rip: cause no fr

37 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Yup, we've been 12 for 16 years :ihype:. We're going to be 12 for eternity, so buckle up Rihfenty20 :boat:, more years of meltdowns and seething for you.

2 hours ago, Love Again said:

Someone really needs to explain to me why the world (especially America) loves Eminem so much. What makes him so special? 

he was like the first rapper alot of white men/boys got into back in the day. He basically raps about it in his song White America :rip:

5 hours ago, KOMH said:

2016 was 6 years ago, soon to be 7. To put it in context; Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Cardi B, Blackpink, Bad Bunny, and Doja Cat have all released their entire discographies since then. Ariana was only in her sophomore era before 2016. Gaga was coming off of Artpop. Katy Perry was still somewhat relevant.

Move with the times.

You just stated that in the last 7 years Taylor has released more albums than those girls' discography hold.

2 hours ago, Starshine said:

Anyway to be on topic. Plenty of reasons. Taylor’s reach to most audiences is much more broad than other girls with niche audiences. She’s white, blonde, beautiful, relatable, authentic. Her fanbase are aligned with those that used to stan One Direction and the white female audience is the strongest bunch when it comes to consuming music. She also can thrive in places like Asia given the obvious colorism/racism they have towards black artists. I feel like Rihanna is the closest to her reach. Gaga and Bey have their strong bases as well, but it’s much more niche with the type of music they make. Bey has a grip on black people, PoC, and gays. Her white appeal has diminished post-IASF and that’s understandable given R&B hasn’t been strong since the early 90s/00s. Gaga makes gay music, period. 

Taylor has also been the most consistent releasing music. The re-recordings have garnered interest and is a fantastic introduction for people who have never been into her music. Because they are “new” albums released in the 2020’s. I even found myself as a casual fan to purchase her TV vinyls because they are now accessible and I find it cool that I have that opportunity to dive into her world.

In some ways I feel like Taylor is the middlepoint for all MPGs stanbases tbh.

Her music can definitely be very gay when she wants to and take on/appeal a bit to the Ariana-Beyoncé-Gaga base with reputation, Lover and 1989 (for the circuit gays) while also appeasing the cottagecore bisexuals/lesbians with folkmore. 

She definitely also has the casual str8 GP appeal in a minor way like Rih with her string of late 00s-mid 10s smash hits (Love Story, YBWM, WANEGBT, IKYWT, SIO, BS, WD, IDWLF).

And now she definitely has a lot of the rock/indieheads more on her side with folkmore and RED TV.

She's at a perfect place discography wise now that every demographic will have something to gravitate towards her for, whether its sad alternative music, country pop, dancepop, or poprock she has it.

54 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

And yet the music industry has added them like that since forever.  Only stans have an issue with it. The industry literally converted streams to units to add to their record sales. They like combining them because it looks impressive and tells you how many individuals are consuming.

1 minute ago, Blue G said:

And yet the music industry has added them like that since forever.  Only stans have an issue with it. The industry literally converted streams to units to add to their record sales. They like combining them because it looks impressive and tells you how many individuals are consuming.

It’s only Taylor Stans that have a problem with it. They think they know better that the institutions and like to invalidate record sales (a concept that was been around since the beginning of music tracking) so they can use chartmasters (who they parrot because that site, like swifties, think they know better than the institutions that created the concepts) as their source to proclaim Taylor is the biggest artist this century. Most people still reference record sales and know that Rihanna is the second best selling female artist and they’re mad cause based on record sales. She’ll *never* outsell Rihanna. 

11 minutes ago, Blue G said:

Equating a single sale and an album sale is not what converting everything into an album unit is. The industry literally consider that 10 singles equate 1 album unit. Sell 1 album and 10 singles, you'll get 2 album units. The concept of "record sales" was abandonned in the early-mid 2010s because the industry actually realized it means nothing. Everything is about album units now. It's not a stan issue, that's literally how the music industry is working.

If record sales were a thing, Rihanna would be considered the biggest female artist of all time, only bested by Madonna. That's just not the case.

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Equating a single sale and an album sale is not what converting everything into an album unit is. The industry literally consider that 10 singles equate 1 album unit. Sell 1 album and 10 singles, you'll get 2 album units. The concept of "record sales" was abandonned in the early-mid 2010s because the industry actually realized it means nothing. Everything is about album units now. It's not a stan issue, that's literally how the music industry is working.

If record sales were a thing, Rihanna would be considered the biggest female artist of all time, only bested by Madonna. That's just not the case.

Except record sales aren’t “abandoned”. And is still tracked. Do you see billboard saying “this is the top song is week, it sold 200’000 in album equivalents” you people also have a serious misinformation problem. IFPI didn’t start using streams for their album placements till 2020. Pure record sales one of the reasons Taylor was the IFPi’s artist of 2019 when Billie/Ariana dominated the streaming game because she had the pure sales that they lacked. All you people do is lie to make your fav look better.:rip:

Shes huge and having a massive career re-peak, as well as stomping on every female artist

but I don’t think “she’s the only who can compete with man”, like her or not just last Adele scored massive pure sales no other man has achieved in recent history, there’s also Olivia who basically had the biggest album last year, even being ahead of Justin Bieber and Drake, then there’s also Dua who has the biggest album of the decade and most streamed one on Spotify, there were also a few ones dominating biggg in 2018-19, like Billie, Ariana and Cardi

rn most female artists are finishing eras (Dua, Olivia, Billie) or in hibernation (Ariana, Rihanna), we’ll most likely see them smash when they release :cm:

this is clearly Taylor’s year, and decade so far, so let’s celebrate that tho :clap3:

7 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Except record sales aren’t “abandoned”. And is still tracked. Do you see billboard saying “this is the top song is week, it sold 200’000 in album equivalents” you people also have a serious misinformation problem. IFPI didn’t start using streams for their album placements till 2020. Pure record sales one of the reasons Taylor was the IFPi’s artist of 2019 when Billie/Ariana dominated the streaming game because she had the pure sales that they lacked. All you people do is lie to make your fav look better.:rip:

The methodology with which IFPI ranked the top artists of 2019:

The IFPI Global Recording Artist chart is the only ranking to accurately measure consumption across all formats (including streaming channels, digital and physical album and singles sales) and all countries, for each calendar year. Here is a list of the biggest artists of 2019.

Yes, pure sales was one of the reasons why Taylor was IFPI's artist of 2019, alongside streaming because the artist chart included all of these formats.

So Billie's and Ariana's streaming domination that year was indeed included for their artist chart rankings. 

What metric IFPI had for their album chart had no bearings for their artist chart.

So maybe next time don't try to paint a false narrative by comparing two different charts, one of which has always included streaming since its inception.

2 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

I don't get your IFPI example because the top Artist of 2019 list includes streaming, it's just for the album chart that it was not counted. IFPI top global artist is a consumption chart, not a "record sales" chart. 

Billboard is also a consumption chart. So I don't get what your point is? When discussing a single song, they'll say X song sold Y units. But when considering overall consumption of an artist, they'll convert single units into album units by a 1/10 ratio. Billboard DOES NOT consider album = single. And no official organisation puts albums and singles on the same level. 

Trust me, we have nothing to do to make our fave look better. On the other hand, you are the one bringing up outdated and incomplete "receipts" to belittle her.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.