Why is Taylor the only woman who can compete with the men?

Bosque

Because she has drive and passion for what she does, has a big fanbase and serves quality. The other girls are lacking one of those things.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RihFenty20

• Klein

• Badgalbriel

• Headlock

Cuz she cares and releases regularly, Beyonce and Rihanna just not care enough 

33 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Let’s not rewrite history now. She was a barely a cute little streaming girly before (she was literally dragged for it on this very forum:deadbanana2:). I hate it when you guys do this, this is one of the reasons I lash her so much. You people can never be objective about anything regarding her. Your fav doesn’t have to be number one all the time and pretending that she is is disingenuous. At this point, I wish all of you would stop quoting me cause I want to shoot myself everytime I read one of your dumb*ss responses filled with alternative facts :rip:

Taylor has always dominated. If you're talking about streaming exclusive then this is the first time. But she has always dominated in every metric, no matter what you say. 

2 hours ago, Dephira said:

No offense to the other pop girls, but stats-wise it is pretty clear that Taylor is a league ahead of all other women. 

On the current Spotify weekly chart, Swift is the only woman in the Top 10 at #2, with Billie Eilish next at #12. Since Folklore was released, Taylor Swift was basically constantly the most-streamed woman on Spotify. Even big artists like Beyonce, Gaga, Adele and Billie Eilish only managed to grab the #1 spot for a very short time with new album releases before Taylor took over again.

So, what is it that Taylor does differently than the other women? Is it the quality of her material? Marketing? PR? Her fan demographics? Why does it seem she's the only one to compete with the success of men? Are the pop girls ever coming back to dominate the charts again?

Eminem is in Top 3 Most Streamed Rappers This Year So Far | Eminem.Pro -  the biggest and most trusted source of Eminem

She released like 6 albums since 2016. And 4 were in the last 2 years. Or something like that. No other big streaming girl did that.

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

Taylor is actually involved in the actual making of her albums though :michael: she isn’t just a performer of them

a lot of kpop acts create their music too and on top of that have to learn intense choreographies

Taylor has the most straight male dedicated listeners of all pop girls believe it or not. Also she has the biggest fanbase for a solo female artist. 

And she also shares A LOT of fans with One Direction/Harry Styles. 

She even shares a lot of fans with BTS and Blackpink.

It's so funny when spotify wrapped comes out cuz Taylor is always the sore thumb sticking out lol

U always see Taylor surrounded by rap artists, kpop, indie, metal etc on peoples spotify wrapped 

26 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Taylor has always dominated. If you're talking about streaming exclusive then this is the first time. But she has always dominated in every metric, no matter what you say. 

Do you know what domination means? It means to command at a level to which you have no equal. Taylor hasn’t dominated anything, I was being generous even entertaining the idea of her dominating streams considering she’s only doing it among women. Eminem dominated album sales this Century in sales of over 100M (will remain the number 1 act overall). Rihanna has dominated song sales with Over 250M this century (will remain the number one act overall). Streams; Drake is currently the most streamed act of all time with a very large gap between him and second place. This is what domination looks like. Even now Bad Bunny dominates Taylor (and everyone else) every day outstreaming her 2x over with no signs of slowing down. 

She’s white, blond, conventionally attractive, and sings about relationships with well-written pop and country-inspired music that isn’t too much of anything to provoke any backlash. 

2 hours ago, Devin said:

She can’t compete with male artists lol. She’s the most passionate to be on top so. 

She's the best selling solo act this decade. She doesn't only compete, she wins.

2 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

Let’s not rewrite history now. She was a barely a cute little streaming girly before (she was literally dragged for it on this very forum:deadbanana2:). I hate it when you guys do this, this is one of the reasons I lash her so much. You people can never be objective about anything regarding her. Your fav doesn’t have to be number one all the time and pretending that she is is disingenuous. At this point, I wish all of you would stop quoting me cause I want to shoot myself everytime I read one of your dumb*ss responses filled with alternative facts :rip:

This absolute meltdown and you actually threatening to shoot yourself :rip:

Saying she was successful during the streaming/growth eras is not the same thing as saying she was the top streamed artist during that time. She is someone who was successful by other means, primarily pure sales :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, RihFenty20 said:

Taylor hasn’t dominated anything, 

And yet we’re apparently the ones who can never be objective :rip:

As the others have mentioned she's literally the only "mpg" that cares about it anymore. Rihanna (worst offender), Beyoncé, Adele, and Gaga don't have the drive they had earlier in their careers. To their defence that probably comes with growing older, artists, and people in general, rarely keep on pushing the way they did in their twenties for further decades with the exception of Madonna and Janet, and maybe Mariah and Celine to an extent. 

It also helps that Taylor's always been successful and is smart enough to build on previous success and maintain it. You can't really fault her for taking advantage of a situation that favours her commercially, and keeps her fans fed at the same time.

Edited by lonnie

I honestly think re-releasing old albums with a bunch of vault songs and releasing many new albums is part of reason…. Her streaming power increased since Folklore

She’s also the only mega huge pop star constantly releasing albums these days— whether be a re release or a new studio album. 

3 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

Do you know what domination means? It means to command at a level to which you have no equal. Taylor hasn’t dominated anything, I was being generous even entertaining the idea of her dominating streams considering she’s only doing it among women. Eminem dominated album sales this Century in sales of over 100M (will remain the number 1 act overall). Rihanna has dominated song sales with Over 250M this century (will remain the number one act overall). Streams; Drake is currently the most streamed act of all time with a very large gap between him and second place. This is what domination looks like. Even now Bad Bunny dominates Taylor (and everyone else) every day outstreaming her 2x over with no signs of slowing down. 

Taylor > Rihanna

:celestial2:

She's been working hard, more than any other pop girl in the past five years. Her success is well deserved and she's earned her spot. 

I wish Adele was as driven or passionate as her. :cries2:

Is this supposed to be a good thing?

7 hours ago, Dephira said:

Since Folklore was released...

...she released 3 more albums (4 in october), +100 songs and a lot of singles :sistrens:

Edited by unclefloprry

5 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

How old are you? cause you come across like a 12 year old petulant child.

It ain't her hard work it's just her brand. :redface:

6 hours ago, Blue G said:

She released like 6 albums since 2016. And 4 were in the last 2 years. Or something like that. No other big streaming girl did that.

2016 was 6 years ago, soon to be 7. To put it in context; Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Cardi B, Blackpink, Bad Bunny, and Doja Cat have all released their entire discographies since then. Ariana was only in her sophomore era before 2016. Gaga was coming off of Artpop. Katy Perry was still somewhat relevant.

Move with the times.

6 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

You're telling me that 1989 is not dominating. That Fearless is not dominating. That being the biggest selling female artist is this century is not dominating. My god, at this point this is just dumb. Taylor is the biggest female artist last decade and this decade she will be too apparently. That's called dominating. Not you adding Rihanna to the list as of she has ever dominated ****. :ahh:

Because she was born in 1989

even though taylor is the most streamed woman this year, she still does not have a solo song that reach 1B on spotify!!! Hope she release bops during the midnights era!!!!

Because the music speak for itself. She released a lot of super high quality albums and it shows in the appreciation she gets from the fans/GP/critics. It's not "uncool" to listen to Taylor anymore, like it unfortunately is for a lot of female artists. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.