Why is Taylor the only woman who can compete with the men?

Bosque

No offense to the other pop girls, but stats-wise it is pretty clear that Taylor is a league ahead of all other women. 

On the current Spotify weekly chart, Swift is the only woman in the Top 10 at #2, with Billie Eilish next at #12. Since Folklore was released, Taylor Swift was basically constantly the most-streamed woman on Spotify. Even big artists like Beyonce, Gaga, Adele and Billie Eilish only managed to grab the #1 spot for a very short time with new album releases before Taylor took over again.

So, what is it that Taylor does differently than the other women? Is it the quality of her material? Marketing? PR? Her fan demographics? Why does it seem she's the only one to compete with the success of men? Are the pop girls ever coming back to dominate the charts again?

Eminem is in Top 3 Most Streamed Rappers This Year So Far | Eminem.Pro -  the biggest and most trusted source of Eminem

Edited by Dephira

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RihFenty20

• Klein

• Badgalbriel

• Headlock

there's not another girl with her passion and drive, it's inspiring to watch tbh

The realistic answer is sadly that a larger portion of people listen to men than they do women and so men's music is consumed by larger audiences thus higher streams and often this is only ever challenged when you see periods of time where a woman releases consistently so that, even though they may never get people who don't stream women, the people who stream women are consuming more music more often in comparison. 

You saw this with Rihanna and then Ariana and now Taylor. 

6 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

there's not another girl with her passion and drive, it's inspiring to watch tbh

Sad but true :rip:

Kanye and Eminem are Top 10? :rip:

Taylor has drive, some of the other girls drop lead singles/albums, suffer memory loss and vacation overseas on yachts.

Edited by Planet Mars

There are a lot more people that listen to mostly male artists than mostly female artists.

Plus, a lot of female artists have somewhat niche audiences while Taylor doesn't. People love to say her fanbase is the least diverse when it's the opposite and the numbers are there to prove it

Her base has never faded - In fact it’s only gotten bigger. 

she’s got a chokehold on the millennials :gaycat6:

She has the most drive and work ethic of any pop girl and probably any artist right now. Six albums in the last 3 years if we count Midnights which I assume is already completed since it's been sent to vinyl factories. Who else??

She is HUNGRY for it and she will do everything and anything to be #1. How can Beyonce with her refusal to promo or do videos, Billie with more droplets than albums, and Adele with her one and a half month long era compete?

because the industry is still male-dominated, which is honestly sad

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

She has the most drive and work ethic of any pop girl and probably any artist right now. Six albums in the last 3 years if we count Midnights which I assume is already completed since it's been sent to vinyl factories. Who else??

It's true if you say among western artists but k-pop been doing this thing of releasing multiple albums per year since i can remember. There's this k-pop girl group called TWICE who in a single year released four Korean albums and two Japanese albums (6 albums total in a 12 month period) and it's the norm for most k-pop acts to release at least 1-2 albums every year.  Taylor is here working like she's following a k-pop artist schedule but she's not the most hardworking artist in the world. 

Why does she need to be compared to men? By doing so, you basically place men as the superior and women as the inferior. Just enjoy her success, because she isn't the exception to the status quo that you think she is. 

Her music… she’s actually bad in promotion.. she promoted ME! The worst lead ever … so it’s definitely her music and quality.. lover had bad leads but great album tracks a consistent feature of her discography she has album tracks out doing singles which keeps people wanting to get album more than singles 

also she is her own competition, her sophomore album fearless was already a peak for artistically and commercially but she outdid it with Red artistically and 1989 commercially.. and than again with folklore/evermore she did entire sound change and peaked again.. her acclaim has only grown … her global appeal has also only grown … i think if she just keeps out doing herself ( outdoing Red or folklore or 1989 or fearless is huge huge ) she’ll be fine as she have been 

so yea its her music which as personal to any listeners as it to her and simultaneously its good music 

29 minutes ago, Taylena said:

It's true if you say among western artists but k-pop been doing this thing of releasing multiple albums per year since i can remember. There's this k-pop girl group called TWICE who in a single year released four Korean albums and two Japanese albums (6 albums total in a 12 month period) and it's the norm for most k-pop acts to release at least 1-2 albums every year.  Taylor is here working like she's following a k-pop artist schedule but she's not the most hardworking artist in the world. 

Taylor is actually involved in the actual making of her albums though :michael: she isn’t just a performer of them

She's the most prolific a-list girl and has the best songs by far:alexz3:

A number of reasons. The first is Rihanna moving on to change the world (her only remaining relevant peer + The OG Queen of Streaming and Queen of Digital sales). Two, her base is the biggest among pop girls. Even if she had zero GP support, her fans are enough to keep her career afloat (kinda like Nicki until the recent resurge). And 3 (the biggest point), streaming heavily benefits acts that release frequently. For example, Nicki is the 4th most streamed woman despite having only 2 streaming era studio album because of the volume of songs she’s released since 2014 and her dedicated base. Taylor herself has released 6 (soon to be 7) projects since 2017. The most of any major act (tied with Drake, another prominent streaming era act). Either way congrats to her but every woman has their moment. The early streaming era was dominated by Rihanna, The Growth era was dominated by Ariana/Billie, The Catalog/Panny Era is dominated by Taylor. Dua is likely the next one up. 

Edited by RihFenty20

She has mass appeal tbh. An impeccable craft for good songwriting and a voice that’s not “unique” or “weird” sounding. When the music is palatable and generally good, people will listen. I’m not even a fan of hers but I throw on a couple of her tracks for easy listening. If Rihanna were still releasing music I think she would be in this list as well. She puts out a LOT of music too which helps keep her core fanbase consistently consuming her music. Other female pop stars dont put out enough music or have a more niche audience, as well as “edgier”sound/persona. 

9 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

A number of reasons. The first is Rihanna moving on to change the world (her only remaining relevant peer + The OG Queen of Streaming and Queen of Digital sales). Two, her base is the biggest among pop girls. Even if she had zero GP support, her fans are enough to keep her career afloat (kinda like Nicki until the recent resurge). And 3 (the biggest point), streaming heavily benefits acts that release frequently. For example, Nicki is the 4rd most streamed woman despite having only 2 streaming era studio album because of the volume of songs she’s released since 2014 and her dedicated base. Taylor herself has released 6 (soon to be 7) projects since 2017. The most of any major act (tied with Drake, another prominent streaming era act). Either way congrats to her but every woman has their moment. The early streaming era was dominated by Rihanna, The Growth era was dominated by Ariana/Billie, The Catalog/Panny Era is dominated by Taylor. Dua is likely the next one up. 

Except Taylor was dominating also during the early streaming era, the growth era and now the catalog era. She has never not dominated. 

In addition to what others said she is the queen of safe, generic music. That’s not a bad thing but if I’m in the car with my mom or you need music to play at a wedding or baby shower you can literally play every album she’s made from beginning to end and not have to worry that any part of it will be at all risque or unapproachable. 

I think it boils down to quality frequent releases.

More good content more people come back to listen. Its why Ariana's back to back to back releases from SWT to POS really boosted her catalogue, not as much as Taylor's but it sure did some numbers.

17 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Except Taylor was dominating also during the early streaming era, the growth era and now the catalog era. She has never not dominated. 

Let’s not rewrite history now. She was a barely a cute little streaming girly before (she was literally dragged for it on this very forum:deadbanana2:). I hate it when you guys do this, this is one of the reasons I lash her so much. You people can never be objective about anything regarding her. Your fav doesn’t have to be number one all the time and pretending that she is is disingenuous. At this point, I wish all of you would stop quoting me cause I want to shoot myself everytime I read one of your dumb*ss responses filled with alternative facts :rip:

Edited by RihFenty20

Because she's money/success hungry to fill the void left by her 13 year old crush dating the most popular girl in school, hence why she releases so many albums.

Since when has kanye been doing so well 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.