• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

On 8/30/2022 at 12:15 AM, Pandora said:

I'm so glad she's releasing a new album to break up the re-recordings. It makes more sense to scatter the re-recordings over a longer period of time since we mostly know what we're getting with those and they're surrounded by legal issues

And also, she's SO smart for the conceptual shift she's made since Folklore. She can't be called the girl who just writes breakup songs anymore. She's putting that energy and more into concepts now. We all know Folklore was more personal than the fable narrative she put out at first. This is the same - her traditional style but in the narrative of 13 different difficult nights/times in her career. I'm expecting it'll mostly be clear-cut writing about difficult times that we can pinpoint. VMAs night. The Kanye phone call. Her mom getting cancer. Maybe some of the bigger/more high profile breakups. Her sexual assault case. And so on

this ***** is SO SMART

This is why I love Taylor eras.  The dissections hunny, the dissections!! I live :heart:

As much as I would love new music, I don't think she should release a lead before the album. One of the major component of the hype regarding this album is not knowing the sound of it. I feel like releasing a lead would kill that part of the excitement. 

i feel like, if we’re getting any announcements this era, we will get them at midnight every time 

9 hours ago, intrascopix said:

I would love to see Taylor do something similar to Don't delete the Kisses - Wolf Alice kinda vibe tbh 

Yes I was also thinking this :deadbanana2: there would be no survivors

Re: Don't Delete The Kisses

Imagine if she does a vibe similar to the Heartstopper soundtrack:jonny5:  What It's Gonna Be?, Buzzkill, Close To You, etc. :jonny5: 

This album is gonna be an EVENT!

1 hour ago, Klein said:

As much as I would love new music, I don't think she should release a lead before the album. One of the major component of the hype regarding this album is not knowing the sound of it. I feel like releasing a lead would kill that part of the excitement. 

Maybe for stans but that doesn't matter for the GP. Having a smash lead single is a lot more important for a big streaming debut.

3 hours ago, alltooswift said:

Please i need this, also need the album to sound like blue weekend

:jonny5:

4 hours ago, Toxicity. said:

Kinda want the single in the second week of September, announcement on Friday

shendelzare.thumb.gif.f169b483fc842a7bb2

Her Speak Now TV era is coming!

Look at her bangs!

4 hours ago, Cloröx said:

Guess they saw my thread on Reddit… ? lol

Can't believe some people on twitter thought the track titles would seriously be "Track 1" and "Track 2" etc. Like apart from being a stupid theory it would look hideous on Spotify and stuff.

Dissecting track titles when we finally get them is so fun, I'm ready to get back to her capitalisation era with Midnights :giraffe:

Yeah I absolutely despise track titles being "Track 1" and so on. I actually thought of her being extra pretentious and naming songs after night hours. Track 5 obviously being called "00:00". :toofunny3:

I wouldn't mind her keeping the lowercase titles like folkmore too. I love them and they're much better than the ALL CAPS that Bey does.

Edited by State of Grace.

The way some people were being so pretentious about it being placeholder art… like it was really obvious the only thing that would change is the tracklist. 

spacer.png

Edited by youreyesgocold

smoore95GAGA
8 hours ago, ADMKHN said:

Lmao. I wasn’t even talking about you. You quoted me. 

i was talking about people complaining that others were creating rankings at all. It’s ridiculous - let people say what they wanna say. 

Ah, I misunderstood you then. My apologies!

OT: Has anyone else noticed that this is the first time since 2008 that Taylor and Beyoncé are releasing an album in the same year?

1 minute ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Has anyone else noticed that this is the first time since 2008 that Taylor and Beyoncé are releasing an album in the same year?

She usually goes out of her way to avoid releasing when big Grammy artists will also release. I guess this time it doesn’t matter because they’re still in separate Grammy years (though Adele kind of screwed the usual plan by announcing her album so late, and by picking the same date for 30 as Red TV which had already been set for months). 

13 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

She usually goes out of her way to avoid releasing when big Grammy artists will also release. I guess this time it doesn’t matter because they’re still in separate Grammy years (though Adele kind of screwed the usual plan by announcing her album so late, and by picking the same date for 30 as Red TV which had already been set for months). 

Adele deliberately picked the same date as Red TV only for its to sell a bit more and fell far in comparison to Red TV in the long run. She also called out Ed and now he’s surpassed her in the UK as well :ahh: 

23 hours ago, Fama said:

I'm also predicting record producers Catherine Marks and Marta Salogni might be involved. The Sun leaked the information about the female collaborations and they're British. Catherine Marks and Marta Salogni live and work in London. They both won the award for best UK Producer of the Year. They both follow Jack's engineer Laura Sisk on Instagram. Catherine Marks also follows Taylor, Joe and Taylor Nation on Instagram.

Looking at their production histories that would be fantastic

13 hours ago, intrascopix said:

I would love to see Taylor do something similar to Don't delete the Kisses - Wolf Alice kinda vibe tbh 

Also, could you imagine if we get a track or 2 like this (which was produced by Catherine Marks) :WAP:

So we have that old Sun article suggesting that she’s working with female producers…

Catherine Marks is a London-based producer who follows Taylor, Joe, and Laura Sisk (worked on Lover).

I’m checking out her work on Alanis Morissette’s 2020 album, and it does fit the midnights vibes. 

:celestial5:

So was that picture of her leaving Jack’s apartment with the keyboards for midnights or something else ??? 

mlaredoperez

I hope Max is involved , or maybe she worked with ELVIRA? (one of Max's protégés )