Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

Imagine if She led with a reimagined version of mixtape and then slaps the re-recorded version at the end. A slay.  :giraffe:

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

8 hours ago, PopA911 said:

im seeing cowboy like me all over twitter and tiktok because of the last of us lgbtq romance :jonny5: if that song goes viral :jonny5:

Now this is something I can get behind :jonny: 

2 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

This is my first time posted in this thread so forgive me for not referencing back 2047 pages to get this answered, but does anyone know why the song BEJEWELED is not the next single? She made a video for it, was it a promo only single? I actually think it would do well on the radio and charts. 

Hi, so we don’t have an “official” answer but the theory is that she released the Bejeweled video to guarantee it would debut in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 during album release week. (All songs ended up getting enough audio streams to debut top 10 anyways but she released the video once she realized how close they were to that record)

At this point we know she had all 3 videos filmed ahead of time. So she could just drop whichever videos whenever she wants.

Bejeweled -could- still become a single and get sent to radio later on, it just depends if Taylor wants to stretch the era out. It would be a cute summer single after Midnight Rain in the spring :gaycat4: 

AND I 

spacer.png

LOST YOU 

spacer.png

THE ONE

spacer.png

I WAS DANCIN WITH 

spacer.png

IN NEW YORK 

spacer.png

Y'all think she released the Bejeweled video when she did because of the hot 100 and not because it was Speak Now's 11 year anniversary? :redface:

cowboy like me getting a boast because of TLOU :cries: 

1 hour ago, 1989 said:

AND I 

spacer.png

LOST YOU 

spacer.png

THE ONE

spacer.png

I WAS DANCIN WITH 

spacer.png

IN NEW YORK 

spacer.png

Screaaaammmmm sis!

50 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Finally the 2nd best song in her discography (right behind ATW10MIN) getting the recognition it deserves 

A second video was already announced prior to them knowing it needed a boost to have all of the Top 10 and she could of easily released something else. It was just to keep the momentum of the album up and create more buzz/around round of media after the initial few days had past.

4 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I mean, Ed is friends with Scooter and has kept him around after all that happened + never even spoke out for her, yet they’re still best friends. Justin Vernon was also besties with Kanye at one point and even shaded Taylor. I don’t think that would stop her, contrary to popular belief she’s not that petty :rip: 

Thank you for reigniting the flame of my hope. :celestial4:

I am so confused why Bejeweled may not be the second or third single. To me, it’s the next most likely pop smash after Anti-Hero.

33 minutes ago, Klein said:

Thank you for reigniting the flame of my hope. :celestial4:

Btw there’s also the fact that Shawn Mendes was pretty close with John (I can’t remember if they did something together or why it was, but regardless!) during the Lover remix time. I remember the mess when Taylor was mentioned in an Instagram live he did with John during the same week that dropped :dies:

So yeah I think she won’t care that much. I’m not familiar with who the person you mentioned is (I’ve heard the name but that’s about it), but let’s hope she works with some more musicians she has never worked with before again next era. 

31 minutes ago, theflying said:

I am so confused why Bejeweled may not be the second or third single. To me, it’s the next most likely pop smash after Anti-Hero.

I’m not sure there will even be a third single, but I’ve also been thinking that it would be a good third single. If there aren’t any more videos (we’ll have to see bc of how cryptic her tweet was) then it would make sense. Already has a video, is doing well with streaming audiences - especially Apple Music which is quite shocking, and it tested pretty well with radio iirc. Of course that doesn’t mean much since LH also did but it seems the official callouts are mid, but it’s still worth a shot since I don’t see her releasing another single without a music video. Also think the tour performance (I expect it’ll have one) will probably be a highlight and have lots of viral potential. 

53 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

the titles :toofunny2:

Midnights (Mixtape Version) :dies:

yeah I saw it too and I was like tf

4 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

how much was the increase? :jonny5:

I’m HERE for it going viral!!

12 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

My planned write up on why Peak Low is her most overrated album is gonna leave lots of people bothered :gaycat5:

Skipnights stans already getting brave against her best album which is INARGUABLY her album with the best consistency in terms of quality. Like all of the album tracks are getting 100k+ daily streams despite it being a "local" album which didn't score career defining hits like LS SIO or IKYWT but you can try though. :bird:

10 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=334527&title=YOUR-TEMPTING-TOP-20

Maybe a 2k increase from the video. 67k to 69k :gaycat6:

Best news is the pure sales remaining stable at 18K. If they stay like that until Tour the Top2 (except new releases like this week) is guaranteed.

Bejeweled better stay just a promotional single. The reason of the video in the first week was to tell to the bop kidz audience the album has still the fun pop songs, so listen to it.

Then it would totally a waste as single when you have songs that as anti hero can enlarge her audience to new kind of listeners, not the same fans of the max martin eras.  

Edited by vale9001

TikTok video using LH audio is going viral :jonny5: 

Hitting 4M views on TikTok + Twitter combined

3 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

yeah I saw it too and I was like tf

I wonder how the reactions will be like towards the vaulted ‘Dark Blue Tennessee’ from that crowd when it gets released apart of Mixtape TV… while the message is obvious considering it’s Taylor and her obsession with colors, especially that one but on the other hand, the title will be -can’t think of the right word- in the current climate…

28 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

I wonder how the reactions will be like towards the vaulted ‘Dark Blue Tennessee’ from that crowd when it gets released apart of Mixtape TV… while the message is obvious considering it’s Taylor and her obsession with colors, especially that one but on the other hand, the title will be -can’t think of the right word- in the current climate…

Hopefully they complain a lot and make it viral.

9 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Was it featured on the gay episode? 

32 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Was it featured on the gay episode? 

No, Tiktokers just used it as the background music to the gay couple Bill and Frank from TLOU.

20 hours ago, PopA911 said:

im seeing cowboy like me all over twitter and tiktok because of the last of us lgbtq romance :jonny5: if that song goes viral :jonny5:

A moment most pleasing to me in my career :jonny5: