• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

This is a really good pop album (decided to only hear 5-10 second long snippets from the album as a sampler). One of my big gripes with modern pop music is that everything sounds like 80s worship these days, and so I am extremely glad Taylor decided to make a pop album that actually sounds like it was conceived in 2022.

There's no such a thing as a bad Taylor Swift album for everyone. There's always gonna be a weirdo that will say its her best album. Look at all the rep fans. 

I'll just listen to it tomorrow so it doesn't impact my night.

Xoxo

2 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I think it's similar to Positions for Ariana in that way.

This is also what I think, except it's infinitely more fun.

Well… at least she can’t go any lower than this. Midnights will be her worst album, ever. She’ll learn and grow from this. 

Is it just me or is anyone else ready for an entirely new era? Midnights was a nice fluke while it lasted.

Ah yes let’s start the reputation vs midnights/rest of the discography debate today too, and then after that we can replan the midnights and lover eras, and then we can rank all the albums together!!

Edited by Teneo

12 minutes ago, DavidSMateus said:

This is album is a mix of Lovers worst boring parts and reputation wannabe beats. 
I was expecting a more dreamy synth driven record a la Clean with the artwork and visuals so far

That’s actually a good description. Throw in Loser’s worst lyrics too 

When the 3am announcement is woodvale releasing in late November/early December with 10 vinyl variants ready

kesha-bye.gif

2 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

One of my big gripes with modern pop music is that everything sounds like 80s worship these days, and so I am extremely glad Taylor decided to make a pop album that actually sounds like it was conceived in 2022.

.... ?? there are '80s synths continuously throughout the album :lmao:

4 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I legitimately don’t understand the “sometimes I feel like everybody is a sexy baby line”… what the F$CK is she saying :rip: can someone explain, am I mishearing something? Is it just “everybody is sexy, baby”? Still bad but not as bad. 

It’s poor phrasing that uses “baby” like one would use it for a partner or someone they find hot. “Sexy baby” isn’t an unheard-of phrase, really, it’s just not… usually preceded by an article like “a.” I kinda hate that she wrote this because I just know it’s going to become instant drama on release day

Just now, Ice Cream Skies said:

Like the whole album :lmao:

went outside to actually touch grass and listen again and god it really is an exhausting listen :rip: Maroon and yoyok clicked at least

I realized that this album sounds so monotone because like half of the songs are in C major :deadbanana2: it's exhausting

"Mastermind" is lowkey better than anything on either folklore and evermore.

1PFUFm2.gif

Pro-pop/anti-folk Taylor stans kind of won. It's basically Lover but without all the mistakes.

Edited by Communion

if we bullied her into removing "hey kids, spelling is fun" than we can bully her into removing the sexy baby line:cm:

Ewww

What is that clapping in Question

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

Mess :dies: I listened to tiny snippets to get a hint of the sound so I didn't pick up any of that. To me it sounds like a quirky pop album.

midnight rain is weird as **** 

taylor girl how strong was that gummy Lana gave you...

Just now, Severus Snape said:

Who is Janet? 

Jackson…

yeah this album really was made for kids lol