The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

4 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

I wonder if they'll introduce the best character (Abby) during S1 and who they will cast. :giraffe:

Definitely not. As she wasn’t in the first game and S1 is just showing the first game / Left Behind DLC. The second game is going to be more than 1 season, so depending on how they choose to show the story, she might not even appear until S3. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

50 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Hmm with all the social media hype about it being the best thing ever, I expected more than 83, like a 90.

Like Homeland S1.

Or Reservation Dogs/Abbott Elementary/Pen15/My Brilliant Friend S2.

Or This is Going to Hurt S1.

It's literally 98% on Rotten Tomatoes :deadbanana2:

This is groundbreaking for a videogame adaptation. It's a first and there's finally a TV show based on a game that not only is good, but its up there with the best critically received tb shows, lmao. 

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

It's literally 98% on Rotten Tomatoes :deadbanana2:

This is groundbreaking for a videogame adaptation. It's a first and there's finally a TV show based on a game that not only is good, but its up there with the best critically received tb shows, lmao. 

Arcade exists, doesn't it? 

14 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Arcade exists, doesn't it? 

I mean...it's a show that uses characters from a videogame. But it doesn't adapt a videogame to the small screen. 

That's like saying Detective Pikachu is a videogame adaptation. It simply uses characters from them and creates an original story with nothing related to the games.

Sonic are also good movies...but all these examples aren't similar videogame adaptations like this one. 

1 hour ago, The Last of Us said:

Definitely not. As she wasn’t in the first game and S1 is just showing the first game / Left Behind DLC. The second game is going to be more than 1 season, so depending on how they choose to show the story, she might not even appear until S3. 

Do you think they will recast Ellie to age her up? They definitely won't wait till Ramsey's old enough and she'd need at least 3-5 years to start to look convincing.

Interesting to see the positive reviews. Still not sold on Bella or Pedro, but love Rutina as Maria. Maria is so underrated in the games. 

I just want to know who they will end up casting as Miss Abby.

Should I do a replay before watching this? I wonder if that would invite too many comparisons. :sherlock:

I'm so excited to watch, and I'm so relieved they seem to have done the story justice.

46 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

I mean...it's a show that uses characters from a videogame. But it doesn't adapt a videogame to the small screen. 

That's like saying Detective Pikachu is a videogame adaptation. 

Based on the Pokémon franchise, the film is a loose adaptation of the 2016 video game of the same name.

the first live-action film based on a Nintendo game property since Super Mario Bros. (1993).

Emmy Winning Arcane truly winning, whew!

At least this looks better than that dragon franchise continuation.

53 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Do you think they will recast Ellie to age her up? They definitely won't wait till Ramsey's old enough and she'd need at least 3-5 years to start to look convincing.

I don't think so.

She is actually 19 now (same age Ellie was in the game) and she doesn't look as young outside of the show, so I think she'd be fine. Especially considering what they can do with make-up etc. I think recasting her would be so confusing, as she's only supposed to be 5 years older and not 20 years older lol

Edited by The Last of Us

This might become my favorite TV show of all time. I mean Part 1 & 2 are already my fav games of all time (and I play A LOT of games), so I wouldn't be surprised if the show is just as good. I literally have never been this excited over a show, send help. :jonny:

Edited by Peep Show

18 minutes ago, Peep Show said:

This might become my favorite TV show of all time. I mean Part 1 & 2 are already my fav games of all time (and I play A LOT of games), so I wouldn't be surprised if the show is just as good. I literally have never been this excited over a show, send help. :jonny:

I’m right there with you! I saw a trailer on tv for the first time last night and wanted to cry. The Last of Us holds such a close place in my heart and I still can’t believe how close we are getting to the show being here. As long as we get about 2/3 more seasons to tell the events of Part II, this show is going to become a classic. :WAP:

5 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

I’m right there with you! I saw a trailer on tv for the first time last night and wanted to cry. The Last of Us holds such a close place in my heart and I still can’t believe how close we are getting to the show being here. As long as we get about 2/3 more seasons to tell the events of Part II, this show is going to become a classic. :WAP:

Same here, The Last of Us means so so much to me. It makes me so happy to see they didn't **** this up. Also yeah 1 season won't be enough for the events of Part 2, they can easily do 3 more imo.

36 minutes ago, Peep Show said:

Same here, The Last of Us means so so much to me. It makes me so happy to see they didn't **** this up. Also yeah 1 season won't be enough for the events of Part 2, they can easily do 3 more imo.

It’s already been confirmed that if they were to adapt the second game, it’d have to be more than one season. I think they could easily get away with 3, because although I loved the flow of the game…

Spoiler

I don’t think the timeline would translate well to tv. Going from Ellie being 19, to Ellie being 14/15 and all of the stuff with Abby etc, I think it being a tv show could actually benefit those storylines because you’d be able to spend more time developing them. They could easily do a season about when Joel and Ellie first arrive at Jackson and include the dinosaur museum stuff in that season and then gradually build towards the Abby stuff. That way, Bella would naturally look older and ready to fully embrace being Part II Ellie.

To be fair, given how big Part II is and how much they could expand on, we could be looking at 8 seasons overall and I’ll be here for every single one! 

Part I and Part II were some of the greatest experiences I've felt in gaming. Now on the big screen, yeah people are in for a ride when season 2 is out. :jonny6: 

2 hours ago, The Last of Us said:

It’s already been confirmed that if they were to adapt the second game, it’d have to be more than one season. I think they could easily get away with 3, because although I loved the flow of the game…

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think the timeline would translate well to tv. Going from Ellie being 19, to Ellie being 14/15 and all of the stuff with Abby etc, I think it being a tv show could actually benefit those storylines because you’d be able to spend more time developing them. They could easily do a season about when Joel and Ellie first arrive at Jackson and include the dinosaur museum stuff in that season and then gradually build towards the Abby stuff. That way, Bella would naturally look older and ready to fully embrace being Part II Ellie.

To be fair, given how big Part II is and how much they could expand on, we could be looking at 8 seasons overall and I’ll be here for every single one! 

I can see that.

Spoiler

There‘s definitely a lot we haven‘t seen, like Ellie meeting Dina and Jesse. I would be interested to see how they became friends, etc. Also Ellie‘s first relationship with Kat (Cat?) who she briefly talks about in Part 2. There‘s also other characters to explore like Eugene who was in the fireflies with Tommy (I guess they could show it through flashbacks?). There is actually so much they could do.

38 minutes ago, Peep Show said:

I can see that.

Hide contents

There‘s definitely a lot we haven‘t seen, like Ellie meeting Dina and Jesse. I would be interested to see how they became friends, etc. Also Ellie‘s first relationship with Kat (Cat?) who she briefly talks about in Part 2. There‘s also other characters to explore like Eugene who was in the fireflies with Tommy (I guess they could show it through flashbacks?). There is actually so much they could do.

Spoiler

Yeah, that’s what I was also thinking about. Obviously with a video game, you spend less time with certain characters as it just wouldn’t make sense, but the fact there’s an episode in S1 that focuses on Bill and Frank, makes me think they’ll want to expand on other characters. There’s so much they could show us without it becoming tedious. I have complete faith in them and I’m sure we’re in for one hell of a ride. 

LjrfBUg.jpg

This is Shannon Grace Berry, Neil Druckmann started following her. She would be perfect for Abby!

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Oh wow, oh wow :jonny5:

Kinda disappointed about the title sequence, I hoped HBO would serve a GoT/HotD/TWL level masterpiece, especially considering how iconic TLoU’s main theme is :cries:

I don’t think they’re saying the title sequence is bad, just that it’s less impactful than the game which makes complete sense considering…

Spoiler

They appear right after Sarah’s death in the game and they will be appearing before her death in the first episode of the show

I still think it’ll be a great opening sequence. 

Edited by The Last of Us

44 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

I don’t think they’re saying the title sequence is bad, just that it’s less impactful than the game which makes complete sense considering…

Hide contents

They appear right after Sarah’s death in the game and they will be appearing before her death in the first episode of the show

I still think it’ll be a great opening sequence. 

Oh, got it. Yeah that will probably be weird but I'll wait to see before judging. To be honest, they could've totally skipped the title sequence in the first episode and started the second with it, like they did with HotD.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.