The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

23 hours ago, The Last of Us said:

Definitely not. As she wasn’t in the first game and S1 is just showing the first game / Left Behind DLC. The second game is going to be more than 1 season, so depending on how they choose to show the story, she might not even appear until S3. 

True, even the first game + Left Behind could probably be more than 1 season. But if they wanted to go with a different timeline or narrative structure than the game, then they could...

...introduce Abby earlier, towards the end of the first game's timeline, so we get to know her and her father before or at the time when the Fireflies take Ellie to him for surgery. In the game, we really know little about who Abby is until very later on in the second game

Putting this in a spoiler because it is a game spoiler, but not exactly sure how close to the game's plot the tv show will be.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

21 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

True, even the first game + Left Behind could probably be more than 1 season. But if they wanted to go with a different timeline or narrative structure than the game, then they could...

Reveal hidden contents

...introduce Abby earlier, towards the end of the first game's timeline, so we get to know her and her father before or at the time when the Fireflies take Ellie to him for surgery. In the game, we really know little about who Abby is until very later on in the second game

Putting this in a spoiler because it is a game spoiler, but not exactly sure how close to the game's plot the tv show will be.

I think with the first game they could have potentially done it over 2 seasons, but when you look at videos on YouTube that combine all of the cut scenes and leave out gameplay, The Last of Us is around 6 hours long and Left Behind is around 45 minutes long. So I think 9 episodes (especially considering some are over 1 hour long) should be enough.

Spoiler

It would have been cool if they introduced Abby earlier in the series, but I don’t think she’s needed for the first series, as I think it works better seeing her dad getting murdered and then finding out she’s his daughter later on.

I can’t wait to see how they handle Part II! :gaycat6: 

19 hours ago, Peep Show said:

LjrfBUg.jpg

This is Shannon Grace Berry, Neil Druckmann started following her. She would be perfect for Abby!

I just looked her up and…

spacer.png

She has such a similar face to Abby. I am sold! :bam:

Drove past a billboard for this on the way to work this morning and wished I could have snapped a photo. Finished my 1000th replay of Part I last night and I’m planning to get Part II started tonight and finished in time to watch the premiere on Monday. :allears:

Edited by Love Sux

Why were the posts discussing the episodes deleted? Did they not contain spoiler tags or something? 

15 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

As a huge game fan, I will not be streaming. Good luck to them tho.

nene-leakes-nene-leakes-run.gif

Show of the year is coming!

They filmed some of the scenes at our school and some major roads in the city here in Calgary. Never heard of this though, so I didn't even bother to take a peek. And now this is looking like it's going to be one of the biggest shows this year. :dies: 

Ngl, I'm kind of hyped for the show even when I wasn't fond of the game.

34 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

They filmed some of the scenes at our school and some major roads in the city here in Calgary. Never heard of this though, so I didn't even bother to take a peek. And now this is looking like it's going to be one of the biggest shows this year. :dies: 

I’m assuming you don’t play games? As TLOU is massive. 

13 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

As a huge game fan, I will not be streaming. 

but WE will be! @The Witch

LGuP81G.gif 

Edited by Reverse Warholian

I can’t believe how close we are to the first episode being out. I’m so excited I could vomit! 

spacer.png

23 hours ago, Love Sux said:

Drove past a billboard for this on the way to work this morning and wished I could have snapped a photo. Finished my 1000th replay of Part I last night and I’m planning to get Part II started tonight and finished in time to watch the premiere on Monday. :allears:

You might have to speedrun Part II. Or just not sleep

15 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

You might have to speedrun Part II. Or just not sleep

Yeah, I was too ambitious lol 

But I can finish Part II after I’ve seen the premiere 

I’m not a gamer- can anyone explain why Part II is so hated?

13 minutes ago, Raptus said:

I’m not a gamer- can anyone explain why Part II is so hated?

Sexism and homophobia

I wonder how this is going to effect the sales of Part 1 and II. Part II especially deserves a big sales boost. It should hit 20m mark once all is said and done

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Sexism and homophobia

:cm:

A lot of the hate was from people who hadn’t even played the game and had no intention to (Xbox gamers) - there’s a lot of people that love it and even prefer it over the first part. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.