• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catsandlabneh

• mellenthin

• FlyPirate

• RT Air

17 hours ago, getawaycar said:

I became a little Björkster two weeks ago omfg. I had never listened to her discography, only knew a few songs, and I'm obsessed. Deep dove into interviews and I'm so glad she's doing these podcast episodes now. I now have 6 of her albums on colored vinyl with Fossora on the way, she got me :WAP:

The fungal witch strikes again :jonny3: 

18 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

imagine not hearing Desired Constellation until 2022... a nightmare

People told me that Medulla was her weirdest and least accessible album so I never actually bothered with trying all the tracks, and I happened to try just the ones that sound the weirdest in their intros (and Ancestors in general) :jonny:

And now I think it’s in my top five albums she’s done after just a day of actually knowing it :jonny2:

6 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

People told me that Medulla was her weirdest and least accessible album so I never actually bothered with trying all the tracks, and I happened to try just the ones that sound the weirdest in their intros (and Ancestors in general) :jonny:

And now I think it’s in my top five albums she’s done after just a day of actually knowing it :jonny2:

To me Medúlla feels like a thick super black liquid that's been brought from outer space and that liquid has access to a deeper human consciousness

Edited by Mrs Smartie

1 minute ago, Mrs Smartie said:

To me Medúlla feels like a thick super black liquid that's been brought from outer space and that liquid has access to a deeper human consciousness

Love this description :clap3: Medulla is a favorite of mine as well!

13 minutes ago, Mrs Smartie said:

Love this.

-
Based on this: https://linktr.ee/bjorkfossora - it looks like the primary colors for this era are turquoise and burgundy. :heart2:  Secondary colors are greens, clear, silver, obviously. Gorgeous aesthetic, if you ask me. :allears:

Edited by Ice Cream Skies

1 minute ago, Mrs Smartie said:

Love this description :clap3: Medulla is a favorite of mine as well!

the same thing happened to me but with Mouth's Cradle instead of Desired Constellation, idk why i always ignored that track

26 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

the same thing happened to me but with Mouth's Cradle instead of Desired Constellation, idk why i always ignored that track

same!! i've been revisiting her discography over the last few weeks and i find myself coming back to medulla (.....repeatedly), especially mouth's cradle. the choral arrangements on that song are among her best.

so wild everyone is similar experiences this week... @Cruel Summer I also ignored medulla a lot and listened to it in full 2 nights ago and desired constellation entered my top 10 beejork songs IMMEDIATELY!!! that's a classic----

medulla is a masterpiece i’ve been playing it so much recently, a great fall album :gaycat2: it has the catchiest melodies of her discography, i think it’s far from her least accessible album tbh (that title will prob go to foss)

I remember that for so many years her fanbase hated Where is the line :biblio:  I was like wtf is wrong with people. Maybe because everything she did before Medulla was pretty so when they saw WITL MV they got shock :skull:

Apparently these are the lyrics to Ovule, it was taken from the Fossora landing page before they took it down :chick3:

IMG-20220912-161749.jpg

No chorus this time but I’m digging the dark vibe

spacer.png

Reviews can be published from the 20th on. Streams are already being sent out to journalists. I received one and I can only say it exceeded any expectation I had.

It even has reminiscences musically. It knots together a lot. As Medúlla it also is the most challenging listen of that cycle. But extremely more exciting than Utopia ever was.

Here a lot of times more stuff is happening, often at the same time. 

I'd say the title track is the most "out there".

:jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat: