Golden Hit: Season 2 ๐Ÿ“€ Congratulations Hug! ๐Ÿ†

Aurora

@Euterpeย @TruGeminiย @JoeAgย your reviews have been added to my main post.

ย 

what an exciting round :duca:ย i'm still finalizing scores, but have 3 at 9 or above right now & my highest scored song is someone that hasn't been top 3 for me in any other round

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

Ribbon-Reviews-S2-fountain.png

Round 4: The Spoken World Challenge, Part 2

ย 

@beatinglikeadrum - xxx (forbidden prayer)

So I saw your post saying this was rushed at the last minute to avoid not submitting, so obviously itโ€™s not going to be your best and I wonโ€™t try to judge it as such. I actually think, considering it was so last minute, itโ€™s actually in a way quite impressive that you came up with something like this in such a short amount of time. I think itโ€™s evident even from something rushed like this that you have a great writing ability, and I also enjoyed the theme behind the song and how thoughtful it was, but obviously the overall piece does need more work to polish it out a bit more because it does give off the energy that it needs editing done. Despite this, looking at what this entry did achieve in the little time that was put into it, I think itโ€™s clear you have a skill with writing, even in rushed instances, but this of course was not the best example of it. The obvious advice for the future would be to put more time into you entry to impress as highly as you did last round; you have a wonderful poetic style that I love reading, I just hope your next entry can be worked on more to show off your writing in the way it deserves.ย 

ย 

@Remmy - Flowerbloom (S2 Version) [Live from the Memorial Civil Center in Canton, Ohio)

Itโ€™s hard for me to remember what is new or changed and what remains the same, but from top to bottom (yas) I thought this was entirely strong. Pretty much every line is a punchline in some kind of way, and they land. Now, if only you hadnโ€™t submitted this beforeโ€ฆ I find it hard to know what to do with this. Thanks for putting us in this position, your score could really be anything!ย 

ย 

@Augmented - The Battle

I thoroughly enjoyed this song. My favourite aspect, and something which I think paired well with your writing, was that the song was written in free form with each section being a new verse led into by the previous one. I always appreciated writing like this that focuses on telling a story as opposed to relying on repetition, and I think you pulled it off really well; in fact, I could even have gone for more! I definitely wouldnโ€™t have minded if this were a few verses longer, because I enjoyed them enough to be left wanting more; to know what happened to this person afterwards, and I think thatโ€™s a sign of a really well written piece.ย  Overall, I felt this was another strong entry from you. You continue to impress me, and I always look forward to seeing what you are going to write next. Great job.ย 

ย 

@Legend E - Interviewing Myself

This was really bittersweet for me, because while I definitely enjoyed reading the song, the subject matter I found quite sad and it really made me feel for anybody in this position. I think itโ€™s because I find it quite relatable, really there are times in our love lives where we all will find ourselves in this position, and itโ€™s quite bittersweet, because you want to create something great with somebody, but for whatever reason the reciprocation isnโ€™t there. Itโ€™s a shame, I found the topic really nicely explored throughout your song though, itโ€™s definitely an emotive piece which really took me back to situations like this. That relatability presented is strong and of course a sign of a great writer and a great song. The concept of the narrator interviewing themself and speaking about this situation with themself was a really clever way of interpreting the challenge, and paired really well with the subject matter of this song; very nicely done. Overall I think this is another strong, thoughtful piece of writing from you; another example of your ability as a writer. Great job.ย 

ย 

@Euterpe - Wasteland

For me, this is one ofโ€ฆ no, the most powerful song that we have received this entire season. This is writing as an art form. Sure, all writing is art, but you read this, and you feel it, and you think โ€œthis is artโ€. This is somebody writing about a real life thing, putting all their emotion and pain into it, their fear, their vulnerability, their fight, and leaving it all on the page. Really, there is no higher form of writing than that for me, personally. This is an example of purposeful, poignant, meaningful writing; writing that the world needs, writing that is protest, and like I said at the beginning, writing that is powerful. Frankly, I couldnโ€™t have enjoyed this more. Itโ€™s a shame you had to write this, but you should be incredibly proud of what youโ€™ve created and done with such a horrible thing. This is the kind of writing that I live for. It will not be the first 10 that I have given out during this game, nor the first 10 that I have given you, but this is the 10 of all 10s. I will be remembering this song for quite some time. Youโ€™ve pushed the bar as high as it goes for me, and your talent as a writer is - once again - incredibly clear. Perfection.ย 

ย 

@TruGemini - Long Road

This was a really beautiful, moving song. I love that it was quite celebratory, yet also very sentimental; the emotion here was really perfectly done and balanced, never leaning too heavily to one side, keeping you right in the middle and having both effects on you. I felt empowered, yet I also felt nostalgic, and honestly I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever seen these two emotions paired together? Not that I can recall from the top of my head anyway, and I thought it was really, really well done. Iโ€™d go as far as to say this is my favourite song from you all season, and Iโ€™m really glad you submitted again this round! I hope this is reflected in your ranking because I think it would be very well deserved. Great job.ย 

ย 

@JoeAg - Itโ€™s Your Shade of Blue Now

As usual I think your writing is stunning, and I love how your songs are so naturally queer. I found this really vivid and alluring, yet also quite enigmatic and open to interpretation, speaking with what the blue is supposed to represent. Something about this made me want to step into whatever world these people were in; it was described so beautifully and reassuringly, and I got the same feeling while reading the song. My only criticism, really, would be that the song could have been longer; although I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s just me being over indulgent in wanting more. Overall I think this is another example of your skill as a writer, particularly with your lovely lyricism, however you definitely need to start working on your entries sooner in the week to avoid these last minute submissions! Your natural skill for writing helps you pull it off but I want to see you be able to put more time into something next round.

@fountainย Thank you! I was so scared to submit this song, but somehow am getting better reviews than even Candlelight.ย :deadbanana:ย I was not expecting it.

2 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

@fountainย Thank you! I was so scared to submit this song, but somehow am getting better reviews than even Candlelight.ย :deadbanana:ย I was not expecting it.

Itโ€™s a very special entry. You deserve it wholeheartedly.ย :heart2:

Thank you for all the reviews so far @fountainย @Jacksonย @Auroraย :heart:ย Always appreciate the effort you put into reviewing everything! Whilst I really wasnโ€™t a fan of what I submitted this week (literally hated it and wanted to rewrite half of it after submitting:skull:) Iโ€™m glad there were elements of the song youโ€™ve all enjoyed!

57 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

My flop entry this round will (hopefully) be made up for by my highly experimental Round 5 entry

ooh looking for the experimentation :duca:ย 

1 hour ago, Augmented said:

Thank you for all the reviews so far @fountainย @Jacksonย @Auroraย :heart:ย Always appreciate the effort you put into reviewing everything! Whilst I really wasnโ€™t a fan of what I submitted this week (literally hated it and wanted to rewrite half of it after submitting:skull:) Iโ€™m glad there were elements of the song youโ€™ve all enjoyed!

i mean, at least you hid the fact that you hated it this time :skull:. i'd love to see the remix if you do end up re-writing part of it thoughย :cm:ย 

1 hour ago, Euterpe said:

i find the songs i'm most scared to submit often end up doing the best โ€“ it means you have something to say. thanks for allowing us to read it!ย 

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

i mean, at least you hid the fact that you hated it this time :skull:.

The fact that I intentionally wrote nothing for the additional info section so I wouldnโ€™t go on yet another negative ramble about the songย :dies:

20 minutes ago, Augmented said:

The fact that I intentionally wrote nothing for the additional info section so I wouldnโ€™t go on yet another negative ramble about the songย :dies:

The growth :jonnycat:

25 minutes ago, Jackson said:

i find the songs i'm most scared to submit often end up doing the best โ€“ it means you have something to say. thanks for allowing us to read it!ย 

This :clap3:

So...the ideas I've had for this challenge, I think, are interesting. I suppose I'm just worried because some part of me thinks it's not enough to satisfy the challenge (loose interpretations of the theme of the challenge) or that it's an obvious, first-thing-your-mind-goes-to idea. I also want to consider both the "album" concept I've come up with, and consider what I've done in this season prior as to not repeat myself. I end up getting caught in my own head, as I tend to do in these games, and overthink my every step while simultaneously not moving at all. Usually I'd have something by now, even if it's just a title or a couplet, but nothing has gotten past the barebones "what if wrote about this general idea or feeling", which is at least a direction? but it's so broad.

ย 

Idek what I'm writing this all for :skull:ย sometimes I'll just start saying what I've been thinking over in my head and suddenly things start getting clearer the second I let it out, and I figured maybe something like that would happen here

1 minute ago, Hug said:

So...the ideas I've had for this challenge, I think, are interesting. I suppose I'm just worried because some part of me thinks it's not enough to satisfy the challenge (loose interpretations of the theme of the challenge) or that it's an obvious, first-thing-your-mind-goes-to idea. I also want to consider both the "album" concept I've come up with, and consider what I've done in this season prior as to not repeat myself. I end up getting caught in my own head, as I tend to do in these games, and overthink my every step while simultaneously not moving at all. Usually I'd have something by now, even if it's just a title or a couplet, but nothing has gotten past the barebones "what if wrote about this general idea or feeling", which is at least a direction? but it's so broad.

ย 

Idek what I'm writing this all for :skull:ย sometimes I'll just start saying what I've been thinking over in my head and suddenly things start getting clearer the second I let it out, and I figured maybe something like that would happen here

Tbh to reiterate what I said in a review to you, I donโ€™t really mind how much thought went into the idea behind the song, as long as the actual song itself is well written and explores that chosen topic in depth, if that makes sense. Iโ€™d prefer a simple concept looked at in depth as opposed to an extravagant concept explored shallowly, for example. Really though as long as the end product is thoughtful and well written then youโ€™ve impressed me, at the very least.ย 

Well I wouldโ€™ve started now but now Iโ€™m waiting on my laptop with this update!

ย 

It says itโ€™s at 100% though so I guess Iโ€™m just waiting for whenever it decides to come back on :redface:

ย 

Bear with meย :fan:

Yq0jW4lI33JP0SUm8oelEOO7x3YbmJC0QS6W0ga4K3evtVKTlf8N0Ss_BFb4yfwJk0ywnfXamXLCIaWjMQr-eKaCXAco_8SHXYDy2_yA4E764Hcb6eicD8mJp-eON8btqLSAP7vRdmVyLny35U-RDGlkI5Iks0vf-hHS-fWM1-c0-QpsaFqH70RNxQ

ย 

ย 

My laptop has updated and it's time to begin!

ย 

This round you explored the use of spoken word in your songsย  and it was really fun getting to see how you incorporated this into your songs! As usual we had an array of interesting entries, covering all kinds of topics, and you all deserve a moment first to be proud of your creativity. You continue to impress us all and it's our privilege to get to read what you write!

ย 

Anyway, without further delay, let's go ahead with Round 4's results.

ย 

Reminder: only rankings will be revealed from here on, scores are being saved until the finale!

ย 

ps. although 8th has reviewed yet, he has scored. his reviews will be coming later.

ย 

Up first... #14

ย 

ย @hurricane326ย @XO_Lifeย @Alldayย @Julia Foxย @Kylie Jennerย @Hugย @Better Mistakesย @beatinglikeadrumย @Remmyย @Augmentedย @Legend Eย @Euterpeย @TruGeminiย @JoeAg

Yq0jW4lI33JP0SUm8oelEOO7x3YbmJC0QS6W0ga4K3evtVKTlf8N0Ss_BFb4yfwJk0ywnfXamXLCIaWjMQr-eKaCXAco_8SHXYDy2_yA4E764Hcb6eicD8mJp-eON8btqLSAP7vRdmVyLny35U-RDGlkI5Iks0vf-hHS-fWM1-c0-QpsaFqH70RNxQ

ย At #14 with a song that stimulated our nostalgia, and our delicates...

Remmy with โ€œFlowerbloom (S2 Version) [Live from the Memorial Civic Center in Canton, Ohio]โ€!

ย 

Sad to see you at the bottom of the ranking, especially with this song since it's a great one, but of course it was mostly a resubmission of an old song. This definitely was better (and smarter) than just not submitting all together, so thank you for that!

Looking forward to seeing you at the top again when you have the time to write again. :heart:

At #13 with a song that made us want to pack up our things and run for something new...

@Allday with โ€œLeaving The City!

ย 

This was another solid entry from you, and I think you continue to get better as the game progresses, but perhaps it could have incorporated the challenge more. I really enjoyed the emotion in the song and look forward to what you submit next!

ย 

ย 

At #12 with a song that took us to the frontlines...

ย 

@Kylie Jenner with โ€œThis Is Warโ€

ย 

The spoken segments of your song showed some of your strongest writing to date which is really exciting, we'd love to see you try and incorporate that throughout your songs in the future too!

ย 

honestly all bops - i can't say there was a song i didn't enjoy this week

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.