Golden Hit: Season 2 πŸ“€ Congratulations Hug! πŸ†

Aurora

decided to surprise drop something brand new for my fans to celebrate last week's #2 peak!

Β 

I scored your song a 9, so this was in line with the final average you ended up with. I really loved it, I thought it was up there with Paper Airplane Crashes from last season, as a really moving, personal and emotive song. A great demonstration of your versatility as a writer again. Was very much happy to see you take that #2 spot, very much deserved and your highest rank so far! You should definitely be proud of it. It’s hard to know what advice to offer you because your writing can jump from one end of the spectrum to the exact opposite, and it’s really a marvel to see and I wouldn’t want to push you too far in either direction when this ability to write in both ways is so special! Luckily, I think you seem to know quite well when to go for either style, and when the challenge is fitting for either side of your spectrum as opposed to the other, or at least getting better at than in season 1! Anyway, another great job from you and a very deserved top 2 slay; keep up the good work (by hopefully not skipping a round again! **** moving writing is better!).

kiss.gifkiss.gifkiss.gif

Β 

but no round 5 for me sowwy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

When Remmy wins, I win.

When Remmy loses, I lose.

When Remmy laughs, I laugh.

When Remmy cries, I cry.

When Remmy dies, I die.

• ATRL Moderator

I just submitted but I'm not that confident in this, it feels a bit basic I think :dancehall:Β 

I was going to submit the song I wrote when I was about toΒ :dancehall2:Β last year, with an added spoken aspect...

Β 

But I have the urge to do something SENSUAL and erotica, so I now have make a whole new song with two hours leftΒ :gaycat4:Β  coming for a bottom 3 debut I fear.

• ATRL Moderator

I also just realized I could've gone another direction after the first verse but mehΒ :redface:

11 minutes ago, TruGemini said:

I was going to submit the song I wrote when I was about toΒ :dancehall2:Β last year, with an added spoken aspect...

Β 

But I have the urge to do something SENSUAL and erotica, so I now have make a whole new song with two hours leftΒ :gaycat4:Β  coming for a bottom 3 debut I fear.

:chick3::heart2:

Β 

I’m happy to read whatever you want to submit :hughard:

Fantastic reviews @fountain. Added to the ✨Golden Links✨! Nawt the score leaking though, we love our personal ambassador of Golden Inflationℒ️. :fan:

Β 

Equally fantastic to see some great submissions in with an hour and a half left on the countdown clock! Lovely to see some returning writers from earlier rounds, this is exactly one of the reasons that Golden Hit was designed for, the ability to come and go as you please when inspiration strikes. :duca:

4 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

I submitted. I'm going to vomit.

:duca:

Β 

I'm heading out of state for work this week, but will definitely get reviews and scores sorted before I do so. Lemme get straight to reading after this deadline is up!

When I win, Legend E loses.

When I lose, Legend E cries.

When I laugh, Legend E wins.

When I cry, Legend E dies.

When I die, Legend E laughs.

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Β 

When I die, Legend E laughs.

Never omg

3 hours ago, fountain said:

@Hug - Welcome to the Club

I appreciate your comments. I do think nostalgic-feeling songsΒ Welcome to the Club are my strong suit; it's where I feel most comfortable as a writer. Still, if I let myself stay in my comfortable environment forever, I think that leaves little room for growth. (and it's clear I still have room for that seeing as I've yet to win a round in any GH season ?)

Β 

Maybe it'll be to your chagrin, but I definitely tried doing something more "novel"; all I can say is that it wasn't me doing this because I felt desperate to be different. It was an idea that just came to me and I was excited to execute it, even though it's a lot different to what I've sent thus far (and frankly I imagine anyone has sent this season.) and I am excited to se how that does. <3

Sorry to say I won’t be submitting this round, or possibly for the rest of the game. I’m not sure what happened between last season and this one, but my muse is like completely gone. I’ve been struggling for inspiration for this whole game and basically bs’ing my way through it for the sake of having something to submit, but this week I couldn’t even do that.Β 
Β 

:weeps:Β 

16 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Sorry to say I won’t be submitting this round, or possibly for the rest of the game. I’m not sure what happened between last season and this one, but my muse is like completely gone. I’ve been struggling for inspiration for this whole game and basically bs’ing my way through it for the sake of having something to submit, but this week I couldn’t even do that.Β 
Β 

:weeps:Β 

I don’t think you should write yourself out yet. You never know, the next challenge might help bring back that inspiration. Plus, you’ve already taken part for half of the season, don’t give up now! New round, new challenge, new beginning.Β 

oh f*ck my ass I totally forgot to do this, i've been writing out my lyrics and chords for my new band, lemme do this right quick oops

I don’t like my new song that much too tbh but it’s very relatable to me right now and I felt like it have some cute moments but not sold on it tbhΒ 

6 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

oh f*ck my ass I totally forgot to do this, i've been writing out my lyrics and chords for my new band, lemme do this right quick oops

Sis it wouldn’t be a JoeAg entry if it wasn’t written an hour after the deadline Β :heart:

1 hour ago, Hug said:

I appreciate your comments. I do think nostalgic-feeling songsΒ Welcome to the Club are my strong suit; it's where I feel most comfortable as a writer. Still, if I let myself stay in my comfortable environment forever, I think that leaves little room for growth. (and it's clear I still have room for that seeing as I've yet to win a round in any GH season ?)

Β 

Maybe it'll be to your chagrin, but I definitely tried doing something more "novel"; all I can say is that it wasn't me doing this because I felt desperate to be different. It was an idea that just came to me and I was excited to execute it, even though it's a lot different to what I've sent thus far (and frankly I imagine anyone has sent this season.) and I am excited to se how that does. <3

To be fair it’s really all up to a writer’s discretion as to what they wish to do, and I definitely encourage freedom and personal creativity as opposed to taking mine or any other judge’s opinion as holy grail. I guess we all have our comfort areas or places where our writing may come out the most naturally, but like you say nothing helps you grow more than experimentation, and there’s really no better chance to experiment than in GH! Mainly, I just hoped that you weren’t feeling too discouraged regarding the whole ~novel~ thing. Even mentioning it now feels kinda buzzwordy since it’s been used so much, so I was hoping to move past it in that way. But I definitely applaud your willingness to keep trying and from the sound of it you have me very intrigued in this entry!Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.