• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• luckythisway

• swissman

• lonnie

12 hours ago, little legend said:

And after so many years it's still relevant. 

Stay pressed 

By your dumb logic Bey had 3 #1s "recently", all since Shallow (and 1 solo, unlike Gaga). So that stat ain't helping your post :monkey:

OT: she was never surpassed in the first place.

Edited by Euan

When Liddos bragging about Acting career on (mostly) music related site :toofunny2:

OT : Gaga never surpassed Bey in first place tho. 

11 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Wrong way round. One of them just snagged the chart double in the largest music market in the world. Spoiler; it's not Gaga.

Gaga pulled a "chart double" just 3 years ago. Not sure why this website acts like she hasn't had chart successes since 2008 but it's really ignorant and annoying. 

3 hours ago, besaid said:

Gaga pulled a "chart double" just 3 years ago. Not sure why this website acts like she hasn't had chart successes since 2008 but it's really ignorant and annoying. 

And since that time she's released a studio album, collaboration album and multiple additional side projects which have all, well... you know. Your fanbase has been pretty insistent that commercial viability and relevance depend greatly on the performance of side projects. How interesting that you no longer feel the same.

Gaga is on her way to become a legend. 

Beyonce IS a legend. 

So no as she was always a step above Gaga. 

They’re in leagues of their own, I didn’t know they were competing. Their music is completely different styles, they have different business ventures, and have been in the game for different periods of time. The only thing they have in common is they’re both legends.

Of course Beyoncé is reining right now cause she just dropped a new album. I guess I’ll wait till the next Gaga project to see the same repeated thread but saying Gaga is now in the lead… good lord :rip: 

16 hours ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

When Liddos bragging about Acting career on (mostly) music related site

She won an award for a song instead of her role.

15 hours ago, MrLovett said:

And since that time she's released a studio album, collaboration album and multiple additional side projects which have all, well... you know. Your fanbase has been pretty insistent that commercial viability and relevance depend greatly on the performance of side projects. How interesting that you no longer feel the same.

Yeah its so devastating to her career that a jazz album with a 90 year old didn't pull a chart double. She's over now. Well, except for the stadium tour and the Joker role and the millions of daily streams. I don't remember discussing Beyonce's side projects so idk who you're talking to but it's not me. You could easily play the same game with The Gift, Everything is Love and Spirit, which performed poorly. This forum is pretty delusional though.

1 minute ago, besaid said:

Yeah its so devastating to her career that a jazz album with a 90 year old didn't pull a chart double. She's over now. Well, except for the stadium tour and the Joker role and the millions of daily streams. I don't remember discussing Beyonce's side projects so idk who you're talking to but it's not me. You could easily play the same game with The Gift, Everything is Love and Spirit, which performed poorly. This forum is pretty delusional though.

"I didn't talk about Beyoncé's side projects", then proceeds to do so. :skull: Nobody stated she's over, but she's performed terribly commercially over her last several projects. As I said, this forum seems to hold true that you are only as successful as your most recent project (side or main) and from the look of Gaga's last 3/4 projects, she's struggling.

Re-surpass?:ace: Gaga has never been ahead to begin with. When she was in her TF/TFM era yeah she was above everyone but that’s it. Otherwise Beyoncé has been ahead commercially, critically, touring etc. 

On 8/9/2022 at 7:12 AM, MingYouToo said:

In terms of musical achievement Beyoncé is a whole tier above Lady Gaga at this point, shes up there with Mariah Carey, Madonna, Whitney and Janet and I don't wanna hear any ATRLer experiencing recency bias saying she doesn't just because she's still in with the new gen. People are forgetting Beyoncé has the longest stretch between novel #1s among the legendary popgirls (AIWFCIY is a 90s song), she deserves a slot in the legends tier.

As a celebrity however I think they are close, Lady Gaga is less of a musical act now and more of a Hollywood all around elite, she's one of the big actresses with strong momentum that hasn't stopped since ASIB in 2018 and has a strong presence in the music industry regardless of diminishing returns, she's a touring FORCE and has been an Oscar winner, something Beyoncé will probably never achieve in her entire career.

All in all Bey has always been above Gaga but Gaga has taken a different lane than B, both incomparable.

I can agree with this, somewhat.

Beyonce is big and respected in music. 

Gaga is big and respected everywhere.

Beyonce is obsessed with being the best, being the only one, not being competed with while Gaga is obsessed with art and creating whatever it is she wants to create. She doesn't follow a path designed to make her the most successful; she often creates her own path.

If we're talking strictly music, Beyonce's PR team has done a good job at convincing everyone that she's the best of the best. And tbh, she is one the best when it comes to performing. That's undeniable.

If we're talking all around, Gaga has proven over the past ten years that she has the talent to be a multi hyphenate who can succeed in every facet of the entertainment industry. Her success in both music and movies has not been done by any other peer of hers and most likely never will be. She was the one Hollywood chose despite Taylor, Beyonce, Nicki, Rihanna, etc. tryin over and over again to get an inkling of respect from the movie business. It makes you wonder, if Beyonce, Taylor, etc. are "bigger than Gaga", why weren't they chosen by Hollywood? What was it about Gaga that made Hollywood fall in over heels in love with her? I'd say the talent.

And that's what's going to keep her around until she decides to retire. Beyonce will continue to sing and perform until she no longer wants to or the public has moved on, but that's really all she has. Gaga can go from music to movies any time she wants and is not constrained by either industry.

They've taken different paths but only Gaga was successful at more than one.

Where is this idea coming from that Beyoncé was not successful in films though?

Goldmember was a hit.

The Pink Panther was a hit.

Dreamgirls was a hit.

Epic was a hit.

The Lion King was a HUGE hit.

Even Obsessed was a hit.

She clearly has not made it her priority, but it's not like she also wasn't booked by Clint Eastwood himself to be in A Star is Born.

The idea being that Beyoncé doesn't also have a filmography she can cite or even add to in the future is very weird, as she's been booked in major films since the early 2000s. If she wanted to focus on acting, she probably would. Instead she's been focusing on visual albums which has further made her into a singular force in pop music, for no one is seeing her in that department with another visual album, let alone THREE. This sort of filmmaking and authorship is also what makes Beyoncé have the respect and spot she has in the public's mind. It doesn't really matter how many things you do but the overall affect of what you do exactly.

Edited by swissman

17 minutes ago, swissman said:

Where is this idea coming from that Beyoncé was not successful in films though?

This forum loves to make up a narrative surrounding Beyoncé. It can be difficult when an artist is so extraordinarily talented, successful and revered. They need to fabricate narratives to place on her. But they should've learnt over the last 25 years; she's not going anywhere.

Gaga is a flop since Artpoop. Don’t fool yourself now. 

Glad she got an acting career though. :heart:

Beyonce is the bigger artist, but Gaga has her merits. 

On 8/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, Bayouboy said:

When was she ever under Gaga tho?

Chloe Bailey Reaction GIF by grown-ish

2018: ASIB success + #1 album Beyonce: OUT

2019: Oscar + #1 song Beyonce: OUT

2020: #1 song + album Beyonce: OUT

2022: Getting booked for a huge role Beyonce: #1 song + album

Good luck to Beyonce:gaycat6:

Edited by Zaram

On 8/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, MingYouToo said:

In terms of musical achievement Beyoncé is a whole tier above Lady Gaga at this point, shes up there with Mariah Carey, Madonna, Whitney and Janet and I don't wanna hear any ATRLer experiencing recency bias saying she doesn't just because she's still in with the new gen. People are forgetting Beyoncé has the longest stretch between novel #1s among the legendary popgirls (AIWFCIY is a 90s song), she deserves a slot in the legends tier.

As a celebrity however I think they are close, Lady Gaga is less of a musical act now and more of a Hollywood all around elite, she's one of the big actresses with strong momentum that hasn't stopped since ASIB in 2018 and has a strong presence in the music industry regardless of diminishing returns, she's a touring FORCE and has been an Oscar winner, something Beyoncé will probably never achieve in her entire career.

All in all Bey has always been above Gaga but Gaga has taken a different lane than B, both incomparable.

COMPLETELY DISAGREE

Beyoncé is far bigger than Gaga as a musician and as a celebrity. You’re trying too hard to paint lady Gaga as another Angelina Jolie or Nicole Kidman. She’s a great actress but her acting career isn’t half as big as Beyoncé’s music career. You can combine lady Gaga’s acting career and music career and Beyoncé still DWARFS it. I noticed you mentioned touring force as if Beyoncé isn’t twice the touring force she is. Also, how sure are you Beyoncé can’t win an Oscar? She just got nominated for one by barely even trying and not even campaigning lmao.

No offense but you greatly overestimate Gaga’s celebrity and popularity. Beyoncé has always been ahead and this album release clearly showed who is the bigger celebrity. Beyoncé is superior and if I were Gaga I’ll simply transition into an actress since she’ll be acclaimed. Side note: Hasn’t Beyoncé out grossed Gaga in box office? Lmao

This statement you made is the equivalent of saying Cher surpassed than Whitney Houston and that’s not logical at all. Even till today only one name is highly revered and it’s not Cher. Please be serious 

The fact that Gaga fans have convinced themselves that she’s bigger or more respected sends me. Even actors respect Beyoncé more and they’re not even in the same industry. Or should we move to athletes?:toofunny2: Or should we used the news?:toofunny2:. Beyoncé’s brand is excellence through and through and her popularity and respect has more reach than Gaga’s. I can’t believe you people are seriously typing out these lies talking about how Hollywood picked her and dropped other pop girls as if she isn’t a great actress :toofunny3:. Please go outside and feel.

Gaga was never ahead and Beyoncé has WIDENED the gap lmao. Liddos be serious for once challenge

19 hours ago, Zaram said:

2018: Bey-chella (Best performance since MJ)

2019: Billon dollar grossing movie

2020: Reached her fourth #1 in her 4th decade in music

2021: Most awarded and most decorated Grammy female artist in HISTORY

2022: Beyonce MULTI SOLO #1 songs and Album

2023: Album of the year WINNER

fixed it :gaycat2:

2 hours ago, Bayouboy said:

2018: Bey-chella (Best performance since MJ)

2019: Billon dollar grossing movie

2020: Reached her fourth #1 in her 4th decade in music

2021: Most awarded and most decorated Grammy female artist in HISTORY

2022: Beyonce MULTI SOLO #1 songs and Album

2023: Album of the year WINNER

fixed it :gaycat2:

:WAP:

On 8/9/2022 at 2:49 AM, Bayouboy said:

When was she ever under Gaga tho?

:cm:

On 8/13/2022 at 3:30 AM, Zaram said:

Of course you're leaving out the fact Bey had a #1 song in 2018 and another one in 2020. Also she had The Lion King Movie in 2019 which grossed $1.6B :swan:

This thread should've never made it to 6 pages.

There's no comparison, even Gaga wouldn't agree that she surpassed Beyonce.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.