Top Posters In This Topic

• ♛| Rex_Sove

• Rotunda

• Bussea

• Star dance

Top Posters In This Topic

it's just a way to drag Gaga:gaygacat4:

1 hour ago, MusicTalker said:

I don’t think this is something people actually care about irl.

You could say this about 99% of things discussed in atrl

5 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

Thanks to claiming the forced narrative girl! Happy for your girl! Sad she’s seeing her fans chose to spend time talking about other stars instead of celebrating her successes :swim2:

Ok Kellyanne Conway

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Fnooky said:

The whole 'solo' trend was started by Little Monsters in an attempt to discredit Katy’s, Rih’s and Bey’s unattainable success in the singles department.

It has also been weaponized against Ariana many times before the release of TUN and 7R.

But these days it clearly turned into a classic case of you reap what you sow. :gaycat2:

Oop. Little Medonsters are absent now. I wonder why?

It was made as a way to drag Beyonce & Christina for not having a solo number one since the Bush years. 

That’s all changing now

1 hour ago, ♛| Rex_Sove said:

BUT WERE SCREAMING IT NOW HUN.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, SashaDevachelli said:

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

spacer.png

:deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana:

Ariana’s My Everything run (+ focus flopping) didn’t help in "solo" discussions here either

The fanbase that started the solo #1 drag crying because it backfired

giphy.gif

Liddos spent YEARS tearing down (oftentimes black) pop girls because of their number ones were peppered with features here and there. 

As others have stated, reap what you sow :gaycat4:

1 hour ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Monsters lack so much self awareness 

giphy.gif

this gif :dies:

2 hours ago, GentleEarthquake said:

ATRL's obsession with anything is strange

bingo

9 minutes ago, Bussea said:

bingo

Who's the person in your avi?

OT: Monsters throwing stones then hiding their hands will always be hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Who's the person in your avi?

OT: Monsters throwing stones then hiding their hands will always be hilarious.

Nicolas Huchard :heart:

3 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

A #1 is #1 to the GP.

the GP doesn't care about #1s in general

OT: i think it stems from the prevalence of rent-a-rapper remixes to game charts (a trend that i think is on the decline). solo #1 is kind of like a no bundles #1 or no 99 cent album #1. 

Edited by teresaguidice

6 minutes ago, teresaguidice said:

the GP doesn't care about #1s in general

OT: i think it stems from the prevalence of rent-a-rapper remixes to game charts (a trend that i think is on the decline). solo #1 is kind of like a no bundles #1 or no 99 cent album #1. 

Yeah number ones never really meant anything to the average person, but the last few years have truly been the nail in the coffin for the relevance of a number 1 position on billboard. Levitating was last years number one song year end. Good 4 you was inarguably much bigger than the bts song that sat atop the chart all last summer. The year before, Blinding lights spent far less weeks at number one than the box but was the number one song year end. Not to mention the amount of one week number ones in the last 5 years that aren’t actual hits compared to organic counterparts that never peaked as high.

I actually agree... no one cares about a "solo" #1 outside of here and stan Twitter :coffee2: and, an artist not attaining a solo #1 is used an diss on here which is getting tired. 

Edited by glamrock<3

Oh but people didn’t have a problem using it against Beyonce just last year right?

3 hours ago, Insanity said:

There's too much emphasis on getting a #1 hit in general. Some top 20 hits are infinitely bigger than forgotten #1s

Exactly.. there are songs that went #1 that I'm like really? :coffee2: and.. then there are the top twenty songs that seemed bigger due to their radio airplay and streaming.

It's strange, but at the same time 'they' came for everyone who hasn't had one. Time is the ultimate truth teller though. 

4 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Monsters lack so much self awareness 

giphy.gif

it's so embarrassing.

i kind of understand why they were bullied in school 

5 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

I don’t think this is something people actually care about irl. The only distinction I’d say people might note is if the artist is a lead artist versus simply a feature. That is more important than solo vs not, imo.

A #1 is #1 to the GP. Half the GP couldn’t even tell you exactly what songs are #1 off the top of their heads. But what makes a smash that includes another artist any different than a “solo” #1? Solo #1s still include co-writers, producers, etc.

I’m just confused when this distinction became so important. 

I agree the “solo” distinction is stupid. If a artist has a vision for a song she wrote to her a duet and picks someone to be a collaborator, that’s an artistic choice the artist made. If it’s a success it’s still her song and her art. It’s completely a bananas and lame drag.

4 hours ago, BGKC said:

Bey not having a solo #1 since the Bush admin was always the narrative in an attempt to downplay all her hits and classics on urban radio. The microagressions against Bey were real and that’s where the obsession came from. Don’t act surprised now, OP. Just the other month people were joking about Telephone being Bey’s last hit as if she doesn’t have at least a dozen singles that outstreamed it… even Halo peaked at #5 and is literally bigger than most girls #1 hits. The mental gymnastics And specific criteria ATRL came up with to justify Beyoncé “not having hits” between 2010-2020 was always transparent. Even Love On Top out-streamed hits spawned by girls who are flopping less than 10 years into their career. 

WAIT Halo didn't peak at #1? its surprising I definitely thought it reached it 

1 hour ago, Pheromosa said:

it's so embarrassing.

i kind of understand why they were bullied in school 

:rip:

a SOLO #1 shows the power that ONE artist have.

there's nothing strange about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.