Diane Warren: How can there be 24 writers on a song?

mariahcarey

Diane's style is different from songs that use heavy samples, and she also comes from a different era. People get so defensive over Beyonce but it's ok to admit she's a business woman and a showgirl, not a songwriter or great artist. It's fine. You can still like her. You don't need to lie and make her more than she is to like her. Diane wrote these classics SOLO, put respect on her name.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *-ChriZ-*

• Lovett

• Dreajae

• QueenBLadyG

She’s right, she’s also the most credible person to be speaking on this issue as well. It would be okay if it was an occasional sampling but every other song having a sample that already consisted of a previous sample is not right. Everyone knows who shes talking about and honestly they should consider taking work from said artists and giving them a little less attention like that from being nominated for awards and what not. The fact that this said artists’ stans will scream and cry because she didn’t win anything when it practically wasn’t even her work to begin with :dies:

4 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

2022 and people still shaming sampling or the act of handing credit to other people so they can have a share of the royalties: something very common in hip-hop and r&b. I’d rather hand a credit than a lawsuit

pop music has been sample-driven for more than diane’s career. she should know that there’s space for all types of songwriters. a lot of older acts are lucky that during pre-sampling they could just lift melodies from contemporary and traditional artists and play with them enough to not credit these original artists. many rockstars were guilty of it…

She should really know this lol

22 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Love that The-Dream is rightfully calling her out for her ignorant take.

:clap3:

she changes a writer every hour, they work in shifts for more productivity :cm:

Dream CLEARED her dumb ass! :ahh:

5 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Ghislaine Maxwell getting brave. 

:jonny3:

Just like a white woman. She's the "victim" now. Pathetic ass. 

who cares so long as the music sounds good

theres a lot of (popular, successful) songs out there that could’ve used some extra input :skull: 

40 minutes ago, Assassin said:

The way she literally lashed out and when called out for the behaviour she immediately acted like she's the victim...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ricardoazevedo said:

Those superstars combined don`t have as many hits than her, and she is a songwriter superstar.

She needs singers or she is nothing without them. 

27 minutes ago, hindsight said:

:deadbanana: 

idk if "YOU"RE OLD YOURE A DINOSAUR" is the best argument...

She just apologized to Beyonce personally on Twitter. She learned her lesson. 

52 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Where the hell was The Dream mean? This is disgusting Karen behaviour 

lol they ate her ass up

1 minute ago, G'Day said:

3ak0izspymn61.gif

1 hour ago, besaid said:

Diane's style is different from songs that use heavy samples, and she also comes from a different era. People get so defensive over Beyonce but it's ok to admit she's a business woman and a showgirl, not a songwriter or great artist. It's fine. You can still like her. You don't need to lie and make her more than she is to like her. Diane wrote these classics SOLO, put respect on her name.

:WAP:

and I just found out she wrote one of Britney’s best songs ever “when your gods say it”

:WAP:

ot: mess

Not The Dream having "Music Icon" as part of his Twitter name :rip: The ego and megalomania of everyone associated with Beyonce is just.... no wonder she's surrounded by yes people and no one had the guts to tell her the album sucks.

Diane shouldn't have backed down, she did not lie. The album is a mess it's not like those samples did anything either. Maybe if they hadn't relied on tired, overused samples like "I'm Too Sexy", "I Feel Love" and "Show Me Love" they could've come up with better music. IASF has practically no samples and it has her most well-known and beloved songs for a reason. It's not Diane's fault that The Dream is creatively bankrupt at this point and had to run to the most overused 90s house sample to try to get the lead single. And it's not even the best usage of it this year, Charli's "Used to Know You" ate it up.

4 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Aside from sampling and producers getting credits, we all know damn well that a ton of these quick writing camped ditties do not need 15 writers to make the song. That's a fact. 

Rihanna uses  more writing camps than anyone but I don’t recall her songs having as much credits as Beyonce does. I think Work is the first time she got dragged for it.

I think Beyonce might sample more idk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.