Judy Kuhn - Colors Of The Wind

Mary J. Blige - I'm Going Down

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas

Robin S - Show Me Love

Fergie - Clumsy

Allie X - Girl Of The Year

SASAMI - Call Me Home

Newjeans - Attention (Lead singles)

Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back To Me (missing people round)

YOUHA - Japanese title (numbers round)

SPOTIFY

@Element @Lucky#17 @luckystrike @Noah @Opulent @Julia Fox @touya kinomoto

Since you made the top 10 y'all are CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED to send rankings :heart2:

DEADLINE: SUNDAY OCTOBER 9TH 7PM EST 

Edited by Overprotected

omg some favorite songs on there! Let me listen to them all and do my lashings and ranks 

oh we ate.

maxresdefault.jpg

finale critiques (pls be a 3 way tie for the win <3)

Donna Murphy - Mother Knows Best: fun and camp good movie love rapunzel

Lea Salonga - Reflection: a beautiful song love mulan love crying

Judy Kuhn - Colors Of The Wind: very beautiful song again love crying

Mary J. Blige - I'm Going Down: I'M GOING DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ava from abbott made me love this song like this is lowkey the best entry of the whole season

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas: what a beautiful classic, one of my fav songs ever

Robin S - Show Me Love: this bop! thanks for giving us break my soul

Fergie - Clumsy: a bop so fun

Allie X - Girl Of The Year: ohhhh yeah this major bop so fun and euphoric

SASAMI - Call Me Home: when i tell u this is the best song of all time im SERIOUS this time like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH one of my sotys!!!

Newjeans - Attention (Lead singles): KPOP SOTY THANK YOU

Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back To Me (missing people round): fun classic bop!

YOUHA - Japanese title (numbers round): ended the round strong (even tho it was strong the whole time!!) this song is just so good idk what to say abt it besides it being a bop and amazing

wishtie's final critiques ༺♥༻

Donna Murphy - Mother Knows Best

aw omg this is such a cute and fun one - i enjoyed this!

Lea Salonga - Reflection

this one hits harddd, what a beautiful ballad. :cries: definitely one of the best in the Disney canon

beautiful song, probably the best part of Pocahontas! one of the best in the Disney canon [2]

mmm this one is a major classic for me, such a great R&B pick! :heart2:

I LOVE THIS SONG SM :jonny: i wanna kiss whoever sent this, one of my faves ever

Robin S - Show Me Love

you snagged a MASSIVE dance classic :jonny: this had a big year with both Charli & Bey sampling, yet this original remains the best version!! bop

Fergie - Clumsy

OMGGG such a fun & iconic bop :heart2: the intro alone hit me with so much nostalgia & serotonin. like yes absolutely

i spammed this so much in like 2018 jsdklkdsj great song, this is probably Allie’s best for me

SASAMI - Call Me Home

this is the only song i didn’t know prior to VL :mandown: i actually really enjoyed it, such a pretty indie track. saved to my library!

oh wowwww you ate, one of the KSOTYs without a doubt :heart2: NewJeans is a force to be reckoned with

kjdfkjsk not this :jonny: huge anthemic bop, brings me right back to the Disney Channel days. imagine disliking this SMASH!

one of the KSOTYs without a doubt [2] but for 2021! a euphoric collapse, reminds me of Kylie’s Aphrodite in the best way

----

I genuinely liked every song on here, we really ATE... best of luck to my fellow finalists @brycehooha @Touch It :heart2: :kiss: !!

oCtQpvu.gif

Donna Murphy - Mother Knows Best: It’s cute! Probably my least favorite song on the Tangled soundtrack but When Will My Life Begin was banned soo. The Show Tunes style makes it a little hard to rank among the other songs? Feel like I’m judging it in an entirely different context, but there’s some fun and catchy aspects

Lea Salonga - Reflection: The melody is pretty at times but overall don’t love it, at least you didn’t send the Xtina version! Also damn this ended really quickly sjdjf was that 2:30 of one verse and chorus?!

Judy Kuhn - Colors Of The Wind: Definitely the winner of the Disney songs for me, was expecting this one and glad to see it. Love the way it explodes after the first chorus! This is so beautiful within the context of the movie as well

Mary J. Blige - I'm Going Down: This is really nice, I love her vocal performance albeit the production is a little bare in the second half? But overall a check from me!

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas: YESSSS!! I’ve actually been so in the mood for this album recently and have listened a lot this week. The whole thing is really the pinnacle of Dream Pop and a top three album of the nineties personally, instant mood-lifter

Robin S - Show Me Love: It’s the blueprint for a reason, and as Wish said the original does it best! Absolute classic

Fergie - Clumsy: My fave Dutchess song, this still sounds fresh, love how it’s so cute and Bubblegummy compared to the other singles but still hits hard

Allie X - Girl Of The Year: This slayed the ASC finale and now it’s time to do the same thing here I hope! One of my most played songs ever, it’s so euphoric anthemic etc. and the helium’d vocals are WHEWWWW

SASAMI - Call Me Home: Very gorrgeous Weyes Blood’d song, I don’t always pay attention to lyrics but I really like them here too!

NewJeans - Attention (Lead singles): SHSJDJDJDJS YES FINALLY OMGGGGG NewJeans saved my life!!!! No words for this 11/10, this is the catchiest song ever (behind Hype Boy) it’s stuck in my head constantly

Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back To Me (missing people round): Lmao the other judges were doing entirely too much with wanting this to be sent but it’s definitely a fun little track, don’t have as much attachment here as other songs by her or by her ENDER Ashley Tisdale though

YOUHA - Japanese title (numbers round): Best K-Pop song of 2021 besides maybe Savage, this just makes me so happy and the synths are perfection, it’s executed flawlessly

Good job this season :heart2: may the best Vanisher the one who sent NewJeans win

@Touch It@wish @brycehooha

julia pitchfox lashings♥

spacer.png

Donna Murphy - Mother Knows Best

I love this movie and so this song… it’s very pretty and also love the character so well points for that! love the Judy Garland esque production. I’m a fool for this kind of sound and I hope this kind of makes a return to mainstream since a lot of artists are trying to add it little by little on their songs 

Lea Salonga - Reflection

Love this! It’s so pretty and sad at the same time! No words! You ate! 

For me this is my least fave of this segment, I mean it’s not bad but I’m not that connected to Pocahontas as I’m with Tangled and Mulan

Such a delicious song! You ******* ate! Love this 

THE GREATEST SONG EVER MADE! that’s all I’m gonna say x 

Robin S - Show Me Love

Never liked this but it’s a classic because of how sampled it is but still… never liked this so… I’m sorry 

Fergie - Clumsy

My favorite TD single! A bubbly fun bop! Love this! You ate 

Hmmm… maybe the best song I have heard from her. I mean i was never a fan of her voice tbh but this has some nice elements that carried the song enough to not make it annoying! So props for that 

SASAMI - Call Me Home

Love this! It has that 70's feel to it and it’s so pretty and nostalgic but came out this year! Good job! I think you took a risk and really payed it off x 

Well maybe this is the best song I have heard from a k pop girl group in a long time. It does not sound dated, generic and have some cool elements that make it a serve! You surprised me so good job 

A classic! In my mind this reached 1 on the Hot 100 along Say Ok! Good job! I have nothing more to say! Incredible 

Mmmm… it’s good but has nothing special. Any artists could come with this! Sorry but it’s a no for me 

i hope the Cocteau Twinks sender wins! 

Edited by Julia Fox

mfC0qAo.gif

YALL ATE :jonny: 

Lea Salonga - Reflection

I love all 3 of these choices, there is not a flaw in any of these songs. Donna Murphy is CAMP, the proper use of the word, this is top tier Disney villain song to me, up there with Ursula and Scar. Also I know one of y'all checked my last.fm to choose this, this is really a pander to me. :deadbanana2: Reflection and Colors of the Wind are both beautiful moments in their films and warm my cold gay heart, both are probably top 10 Disney songs for me too. :heart2: 

Mary is sangin here, especially at the end when she starts doing the ugly in a good way runs and her emotions are in it,

her inner Fantasia is coming out (I know Mary came first but still), R&B queens. 

This 90s classic, it's very pretty and gives me good vibes :heart2: 

Robin S - Show Me Love

One of my favorite songs of all time, probably in my top 20 tbh :deadbanana4: loved it since I was a child

Fergie - Clumsy

She can't help it, the girl can't help it (slaying) 

I think I sent this in ASC? I was pandering to Sanguine I think. It's a fun bop! 

SASAMI - Call Me Home

I enjoy this song because it reminds me so much of Sheryl Crow, it's a very pleasant song.

I just got into this song like a week ago tbh and it's a massive bop and I love it

A classic I absolutely love, it reminds me of an ATRLer that disappeared years ago, I used to leave this song on his profile :weeps: 

First 2nd time I'm hearing this and this is kinda kpop perfection? 

All of these choices are GREAT, this might be the best finale ever for me personally, it's so hard to rank these songs when I don't dislike a single one of them and I love more than a few, amazing job final 3 :clap3: @Touch It @wish @brycehooha

brycehooha's final critiques :(

unknown.png?width=1198&height=662

Donna Murphy - Mother Knows Best: camp perfection the notes she hits so fun and its one of my fave disney songs

Lea Salonga - Reflection: one of my fave movies and this song is the best part of it like wow

Judy Kuhn - Colors Of The Wind: never seen the movie but love this song so much like the ebb and flow of it all 

Mary J. Blige - I'm Going Down: IM GOING DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN 

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas: one of the two cocteau songs i enjoy its very good

Robin S - Show Me Love:  break my soul  yasss this is so good 

Fergie - Clumsy: this song like its actually so good the girl cant help it!!  its a classic pls everyone give fergie credit

Allie X - Girl Of The Year: omg the like pitch and pace of this song is so infectious im love allie x my hands and car windows are raised all the way up dancing!!

SASAMI - Call Me Home: wow this is the only sasami song i like but its legit like soty so u ate

Newjeans - Attention (Lead singles): their second best song (hurt robbed) but every song they have is amazing so wow like the way they hold the note on attention

Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back To Me (missing people round): this is so funny to listen to like its randomly rly good 

YOUHA - Japanese title (numbers round): i love youha her voice is so pretty she gives sunmi a bit? idk if im just saying that but this is such a  bop

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

everyone had such good songs i love this finale! this is my first ever vanishing letters and im pretty sure this was the first ever atrl game that i started playing so im so happy i made it to the end and i wish all the best to @Touch It and @wish

April 3, 2022 Red Velvet Irene - 'Feel My Rhythm' at Inkigayo | Kpopping

Edited by brycehooha

G9YAZch.gif

Feji5vgaAAQeMUV?format=jpg&name=large

Donna Murphy - Mother Knows Best - not really the kind of music i'm into! it's propably cute watching the movie but outside of it not a fan.

Lea Salonga - Reflection - i mean, it was cute! again not  really a huge fan of these kind of soundtrack songs but the lyrics are beautiful!

Judy Kuhn - Colors Of The Wind - same critiques as the previous two, sorry UwU.

Mary J. Blige - I'm Going Down - it was a nice song! i enjoyed it :3 she sounds great and it's an enjoyable listen.

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas - hmm it's alright i guess. i'm sure the other judges will appreciate this more.

Robin S - Show Me Love - it's a fun bop. i don't love it or anything but it's not bad at all!

Fergie - Clumsy - iconiccc! i love Fergies solo music and this song is no exception <3 great sing.

Allie X - Girl Of The Year - a lovely bop! i'm not too familiar with her music but this one is really good!

SASAMI - Call Me Home - hmm. it's not exactly my vibe but i do enjoy it somewhat? not bad at all.

Newjeans - Attention (Lead singles) - a great song!!! the whole mini is actually really good and i'm definitely interested in seeing what they'll come up with in the future.

Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back To Me (missing people round) - hmm, it's alright? it doesn't do too much for me but i like her voice alot!

YOUHA - Abittipsy (오늘 조금 취해서 그래) [numbers round] - so gorgeous <3333333 next level for me.

@Touch It @wish @brycehooha

spacer.png

Donna Murphy - Mother Knows Best - Firstly, the instrumental is really stunning, secondly I love all the theatrical elements of this song, it was really really fun. I quite enjoyed this. 

Lea Salonga - Reflection - One of my friends covered this recently during a Pride themed concert and I cried because the lyrics to this song really resonate with me and what I have experienced for the past few years, a really beautiful classic. 

Judy Kuhn - Colors Of The Wind - Beautiful song and classic, the singer does a really good job painting the picture of the lyrics with her voice. 

Mary J. Blige - I'm Going Down - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss!! This freaking black classic btchhhhhh!! You devoured with this choice, such an emotional masterpiece, her vocal performance is quite captivating too, you can feel her emotion. 

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas - This was enjoyable, it's not my favourite in the round but I do enjoy the production at times. 

Robin S - Show Me Love - :jonny: SO BABY IF YOU WANT ME, YOU GOT TO SHOW ME LOVE :jonny: PERFECTION! Flawless classic. 

Fergie - Clumsy - I haven't heard this song in a while wow, I love this song, I remember hearing this a lot when I was growing up, nostalgia is great, very strong submission, I am a big fan! 

Allie X - Girl Of The Year - I remember this song from ASC, this is a pretty good song. I don't have any complaints, it's a nice submission. 

SASAMI - Call Me Home - Well this is an interesting song, honestly there are others songs here that I like much more but her voice sounds really nice in the chorus, I appreciate this song, it's not my least fav in the round. 

Newjeans - Attention (Lead singles) - Definitely one of my fav kpop discoveries of the year, I just love the way they vocalize "Attention" ATTENTIONNNNNNNNNNN, it has a hint of R&B to it which really love. Lovely choice! 

Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back To Me (missing people round) - First of all the string instrumentation in this song is absolutely insane, like I cannot believe a Disney gurl got great production like this, I live for strings in pop music! This song is really good and one of the best singles from the Disney actors of that era. 

YOUHA - Japanese title (numbers round) - Ouu this is another artist that I need to listen to because this was really good, I am quite impressed! Well done! 

@Touch It @wish @brycehooha

mother knows best indeed and that's why i always listen to my mom. the song actually keeps getting better as it goes on. a cute submission :jamming: not sure how it will do on my rankings but it's cute!

Lea Salonga - Reflection

whew a classic :heart2: why does this version feel so short.... rlly wish it's longer sobbing sm rn. but anyways, i still love this song a lot and it's such an amazing classic. not anyone can have that!!!

another cute submission :lakitu: have to say that this one is my least favorite out of the 3 tho... so, yea nodding

YASSSSS whew. i've been liking this song a lot after ari lennox sampled it in one of her songs. god, feels lot of thing rn. it makes me feel and that's so amazing WOW. i'm going down cause u ain't around :cries::cries: amazing pick.

eh i know that a lot of people like this but it's very okay for me. not that impressive.

Robin S - Show Me Love

a big bop. bopping to it here and there :jamming: not a bad submission at all. however, it's kinda middle-ish for me. so yea, don't know where it will end up on my rankings but i enjoyed it at least.

Fergie - Clumsy

OH PERIODDDDDDD. she knows she ATE when she released this, god damn! i love this song soooo much. like literally it still sounds so fresh now and it's just soooooo good to get to listen to it again. AHHHHH.

i have a weird relationship with this song. one day, i like it and another day, it's just very there for me. FOR TODAY, i enjoyed it. i bopped my head and stuff and it's a cute submission :)

SASAMI - Call Me Home

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY WINNER :weeps: i love this song so soooo much and lately i've been feeling it a lot too so that's a plus and oh my. you did that submitting this in the finale. winner.

ahhhhhh wow another slaying track. this song is such an earworm. it's so fun even though i kinda prefer hype boy. IT'S A BOP THO and it's a great submission :heart2: very good, YES NEWJEANS ATE.

oh i haven't heard this before giggles. this is cuter than i expected!! i was expecting like a dated mess but this is actually a great and cute bop, very enjoyable and i, baby z, enjoyed it.

so cute <3

• ATRL Moderator

This is very successful at a theatrical, villainous anthem, and it has many fun vocal modulations. I wouldn't seek it out to listen on my own time though.

Lea Salonga - Reflection

A lovely classic! Really moving and nostalgic.

This might be my favorite Disney song from their animated movies tbh... It's so powerful and beautiful. The melody builds up the striking message so perfectly!

Solid pick! Probably middle of the pack for me.

This was pleasant. The only song I really didn't know on the list. I'll have to listen a few more times!

Robin S - Show Me Love

Definitely a huge song that has had a lasting impact. I have some days where I'm in the mood for it, and others not.

Fergie - Clumsy

Oooh nice choice. Haven't heard this in awhile but it's still very fun/catchy!

An ASC finale success story now in the VL finale?? Interesting... I quite like this song! It's one of her best.

SASAMI - Call Me Home

Beautiful. She really did what she had to do. I first heard this in the ASC finale... so yet another carryover lol. It was like a 7.5 to me then, but it's grown to like a 9 score for me now. omg x

This is cute and catchy enough, but I'm not super into it after a few listens now.

Ee1rNHnUcAEI4Iq?format=jpg&name=small

One of my favorite k-pop songs!! I love it!

tacky

Lea Salonga - Reflection

classic

bigger classic

um

nice

Robin S - Show Me Love

banger

Fergie - Clumsy

bop

banger

SASAMI - Call Me Home

no thx

classic

classic

winner

Mother Gothel legend, I love this song and Tangled is one of my favorite Disney movies

Lea Salonga - Reflection

Beautiful beautiful song, the lyrics hit hard

Love this, the vocals and instrumentation are great

You snapped with this classic, I kept waiting all season for a chance to use something from this album pwfghj

I’ve never heard this before but I really liked it, very nice song

Robin S - Show Me Love

This house classic, a bopp :jamming:

Fergie - Clumsy

All the singles from this album were really IT, this still slaps :jamming:

My favorite Allie song, a banger

SASAMI - Call Me Home

Gorgeous song, I loved it when it got sent for the ASC finale and still do

Ooh this is a nice discovery for me, big bop

Yep she snapped here, love the beat especially

This is really really cute :jamming:

:1stplace: FINALE CRITIQUES :1stplace:

Donna Murphy — Mother Knows Best

I’ve seen lots of clips of her singing this on IG lately. It’s cute but doesn’t feel Finale-level.

Lea Salonga — Reflection

Great choice. I wish it was longer!

Judy Kuhn — Colors of the Wind

monique_-_oh_she’s_taking_it.mp4. Best of the three Disney entries by a mile.

Mary J. Blige — I’m Goin’ Down

monique_-_oh_she’s_taking_it.mp4. [2] You came to clutch this Win, didn’t you?

Cocteau Twins — Heaven or Las Vegas

This kind of music usually isn’t my thing, but this has a rugged kind of beauty to it. It’ll get lost in the shuffle considering I’ve got some songs I recognize/love coming up, but it’s already out-ranked a song for me.

Robin S — Show Me Love

A classic! Very solid choice.

Fergie — Clumsy

monique_-_oh_she’s_taking_it.mp4. [3] Always ADORED this growing up & nowadays I find it to be one of Fergie’s most underrated songs in general. Super pleasantly surprised to see this1 sent.

Allie X — Girl of the Year

I don’t remember where I ranked this in that ASC Finale. It’s a solid pick for this theme, though I could see it slipping in my rankings as the songs roll in more.

SASAMI — Call Me Home

Feel similarly to this as I do with Heaven or Las Vegas.

NewJeans — Attention

For a specific theme I think this would work well with me, but given all the rounds available to revisit… this feels like a missed opportunity.

Vanessa Hudgens — Come Back to Me

monique_-_oh_she’s_taking_it.mp4. [4] She always reminded me of Christina Milian a bit.

YOUHA — Japanese Title

monique_-_oh_she’s_taking_it.mp4. [5] The urgency in the synths... the little extra layers in that last chorus… I like this! Very nice way to close this Finale out & a nice discovery.

•••

All three of you have had quite the rides to get to the Finale & it truly is a very unexpected Final3!!! Congrats & best of luck!!! :heart:

mother knows best: ehhh

reflection: lovely

colors of the wind: okay

I'm goin' down: fun song

heaven or Las Vegas: classique

show me love: fun banger

clumsy: mega classique

girl of the year: amazing song

call me home: cutesy

attention: great song but hype boy >>>

come back to me: fun bop

abittipsy: slay banger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.