• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chemist

• Into The Void

• khalyan

• Robert

I mean I live in Spain which is considered the warm side of Europe and Summers can get very hot and extremely dry specially in the south, but the problem is how long this heat wave is lasting, specially since we had another bad one and wasn't even Summer

Most rivers are drying and in the south of Europe there's so many fires specially since everything it's so dry. All that vegetation and wildlife...the human kind needs to fix this climate change mess already...

58 minutes ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

This is like a normal day in our tropics

Congratulations?

13 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Portugal and Spain reached 45C - 47C. This is not normal even for other hotter areas

Europe is less equipped to withstand high temperatures, especially northern europe where the % of households with A/C is less than 5%.

Temperatures in the upper 40s can be reached in the south of spain, but not as persistent, that's the problem

Either way the whole world is suffering extreme temperatures that are way above of what are supposed to be

All this heatwaves yet I am going out on date tonight

This hell is better with you

We're burning up together

Baby that makes two :katie2:

7 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Kind of shocked

I thought Spain/P are used to high temperatures

Those temperatures aren't unusual, but it's not normal for them to last so many days. Also Spain is pretty dry so the sensation is even worse specially if you take into account the geography, most coast cities probably handle it better, but Spain is kind of like one big plateau pretty elevated and surrounded by mountains :skull: Leaving the window open during night doesn't even do anything since the air doesn't move :cries2:

Also in Europe we never really did the AC thing since it wasn't seen as needed in our normal climate but the years are starting to get more and more warm or cold. It's like there isn't even Spring or Fall tbh

Edited by Cloudy

15 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

Wait, what? Isn't the point of isolation to make sure heat and cold stay out? If it's cooler outside of course you should open your windows

Yes but most uk homes have limited ventilation and generally made from materials which don’t breathe. It’s usually very rare for temperatures to exceed the 20s even in summer so developers have generally made the priority keeping people warm since the cold usually kills 9000 per year.

41c is 105 f which is what it is Today here in Texas and a constant every summer.  Tomorrow it'll be 107

My South African ass melting in the UK right now. I’ve never been this uncomfortable in my life! 

The weird americans celebrating their ACs :bibliahh:

keep those disgusting things away from my house :rip:

Do y'all still think southern Europe has an amazing weather?

I hate using and depending on AC and I'd quickly flee to Antarctica if I could. I always loathed the Mediterranean. 

Edited by Oceania

6 minutes ago, magazine said:

The weird americans celebrating their ACs :bibliahh:

keep those disgusting things away from my house :rip:

U couldn't survive the heat here without AC. 

1 hour ago, Melquiades said:

I dont want to sound ignorant or insensitive, but is there a reason why people die of heat that other people find "normal for summer" in other areas? 

Another thing is that many homeless people with mental illness are not able to understand what season they find themselves in. So if you see a person in a winter coat when it's summer time, that's why. And for any body who is not already acclimated to extreme temperatures, it's just a recipe for disaster.

Also, you don't sound insensitive at all. :rainbow:

I'm genuinely dreading the next couple of days here in London. It's pretty unbearable at the moment. The government has suggested we don't even travel, as the tube lines etc. are going to struggle to function in the heat. It's insane.

1 hour ago, Melquiades said:

I dont want to sound ignorant or insensitive, but is there a reason why people die of heat that other people find "normal for summer" in other areas? 

(Northern) Europe is absolutely not build for heat, almost none of our buildings or transport or anything have AC and it gets extremely hot in the cities with all the concrete 

1 hour ago, TiaTamera said:

Some places are landlocked so don’t have any breeze or colder/wet air coming from the waterways. Some places have an abundance of buildings that also block a breeze. Then there’s pollution caused by cars, building exhaust, people, etc. 

a tropical place (where the area is wet/humid) that is 41C/105F is MUCH different than a landlocked or Mediterranean climate (where the air is dry like Spain) 41C/105F. 

I live in a tropical humid place and its actually worse 105F because humidity makes it feel even hotter than that so another 10 degress, so 115F. You instantly start sweating. I much prefer dry desert heat because it feels like a hot oven but i dont really sweat as much if at all. 

43 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

Bless America, which doesn't take the climate problem seriously

I mean most of us were born and raised with AC.....do you expect us to just remove it something?

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Edit: Leave windows open when it’s cooler outside and shut when hotter outside

This!   Open all the windows at night, capture the colder air, the. Close them and the blinds in the morning.  

RIP to all these people, I can't even imagine

I agree with the posts saying there should be plans and investments made as global warming is becoming more and more dangerous, what more next decade or the decade after that? :dancehall: Especially in countries not built for the heat like mine. At this point the summers are vastly more unbearable than the winters

I've always loathed summers since I can remember

1 minute ago, BadMonster said:

I didn't say anything about ACs, but about the 'bless america' part. I meant that it's pretty dumb to praise a country for their ACs when they should be taking a lot of measures so large parts of the world, incl. large parts of the US, wouldn't need ACs or they'd need them much less.  In a lot of parts of the US AC should be turned off like 99% of the time

It's literally 100+ here for 2 months straight i'd be drenched in sweat without A/C

1 minute ago, BadMonster said:

"large parts"

I agree places like San Diego have perfect temps year round I been there during summer and winter i wish i lived there

56 minutes ago, Insanity said:

41c is 105 f which is what it is Today here in Texas and a constant every summer.  Tomorrow it'll be 107

Your state litterally falls apart when it goes below freezing so I would take several seats at read the room if I were you. 

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

Your state litterally falls apart when it goes below freezing so I would take several seats at read the room if I were you. 

the accuracy

2 hours ago, Melquiades said:

Deaths during heat waves are usually older (and very young too sometimes) people whose bodies can’t regulate their body temperatures as efficiently.

2 hours ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

This is like a normal day in our tropics

I hate when people make dumb comments like this. OBVIOUSLY no one in these areas is used to that type of heat hence RECORD heat 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.