The Idol | All episodes out

Michael196

After hearing about how bad it was, I won’t be watching. Weeknd has been annoying on twitter too so he’s not getting my coin esp after not giving us a LTZ video. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leptine

• Breathe On Moi

• fridayteenage

• popularmoonlight

:ahh:the ending I was laughing I-

Honestly it was entertaining so I will be tuned in :giraffe: ngl I'm getting Showgirls vibes from this nnn

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Will they release World Class Sinner  fr? :duca:

No cause it was kinda a bop, I'd stream :rip:

4 minutes ago, ALA said:

The plot says she'll rework it with Tedros and the label won't like it :dancehall:

the dramatics of the reviewers :rip: the 1st episode was nothing scandalous :toofunny2:

also, it was very entertaining. I will be watching all episodes

Jennie Kim is a superstar :WAP:

• Like 1

That freak song is a bop :chick1:

35 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

That freak song is a bop :chick1:

I was gonna say!

i'm just a freak yeah

you know I want it bad

and we can meet yeah

don't need to know your naaaame

you can pull my hair

touch me anywhere

ball and chain

:jamming:

im stanning but it’s hard for me to dislike any show/movie about a popstar :rip: this cast is so excellent and yeah that song was an addison rae esque BOP. why aren’t they releasing the songs from the actual episodes?

this was actually really good :hoetenks: I will be watching and seated! the kesha and Britney references were heavy in the first episode tho, cringe, but now I see why Britney met up with them.

I’m just now intrigued to see where this goes 

• Like 1

this could be an interesting show in someone else's hands. the attempts to provoke were really cringe to me, like a two minute scene of lily rose depp choking herself while masturbating to is peak sam levinson :skull: (and i like euphoria).

not to put people into ~boxes, but if you're going to do a show about a troubled britney-esque starlet navigating the pop music meat grinder, i feel like it should be run by an fslur that worships and understands female pop stars (or a woman i guess lol).

..........it was alright, nothing really special. i expected worse, something that tried harder to shock, and while it did have provocative moments.......idk. i feel like it took itself pretty seriously in what it was showing. i liked lily's acting, i've never seen her in anything before so i was pretty surprised at how well she did. abel kinda sucked tho, didn't pull me in or anything. just a complete lack of charisma and there wasn't rly any chemistry between the two characters either 

It actually not that bad.. 

Abel's acting tho :bibliahh: it physically hurts to see. 

Also he looks like a mess! The person styling him in the show should be fired into oblivion. He looks hideous. A nice haircut abd some good suits. It's not that hard

i thought it was gonna be THAT scandalous based on the reviews and people’s reactions :rip: what an overstatement 

it’s pretty entertaining and i’ll be tuned in next week 

It honestly wasn’t even that bad as how the reviews were describing it. It was a good first episode.  I’ll be here next Sunday lol.

Edited by Lactose_Milk

What in the 50 shades of gray was that?? Like the first half was entertaining but the second half was a mess and it’s giving soft-p0rn with so many butt shots and **** out.

And also did Abel had Botox or fillers? His face looks like CGI and let’s not talk about that atrocious wig.

Anyway, I’ll be tunning next week.

I just watched the first episode and it would've been successful if it wasn't for Sam Levinson's unhinged writing and went with the original plot that is very female-driven and empowering. It was just... alright. The Weeknd just lacks charisma, lacks enthusiasm, and to me, it just doesn't feel like he is fit for acting. I think he should just stick to music. How are you going to have a great, and interesting casting and waste it to fulfill your "male gaze" fantasy? I feel HBO might just market this as a limited series and call it a day. Jennie, Dan Levy, and Alexa Demie saved this episode for me. Not sure if I will be tuned in next week to be quite honest... we went from Succession Sundays to this. :rip:

4 hours ago, ALA said:

I lowkey kinda enjoyed it :rip:

I might watch this when I'm really bored.

is Abel naked :heart2:

2 minutes ago, Bussea said:

is Abel naked :heart2:

He's not a woman, so no. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well... I don't think it is a good pilot.

Lily Rose Depp (and Jennie, but biaised opinion) carried the episode for me. Troye is not a good actor, Abel not that much... The dialogues are kind of cliché, not really funny, and sometimes be clearly reactionnary.

Spoiler

When Josselyn ask if "revenge is empowerment"... I think they want to build Josselyn as a "deep and sensible" character who will take her distances from the feminist discourse about male domination. In that way, they will personnalize her experiences (she acts sexual because she is shocked by her mother's death), and they do not consider the structures of patriarchy. I may be wrong though, I have to watch the next episodes. 

The last scene is very cringe. I think the pilot as a whole lacks consistensy and peotry.

Well... I don't think this is a good pilot.

Lily Rose Depp (and Jennie, but biaised opinion) carried the episode for me. Troye is not a good actor, Abel not that much... The dialogues are kind of cliché, not really funny, and sometimes can be clearly reactionnary.

Reveal hidden contents

When Josselyn asks if "revenge is empowerment"... I think they want to build Josselyn as a "deep and sensible" character who will take her distances from the feminist discourse about male domination. In that way, they will personnalize her experiences (she acts sexual because she is shocked by her mother's death), and they do not consider the structures of patriarchy. I may be wrong though, I have to watch the next episodes. 

The last scene is very cringe. I think the pilot as a whole lacks consistensy and peotry.

Edited by Phèdre
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.