Ava Max - "Million Dollar Baby"

Totami Legend

14 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

Bey at least has a bunch of non-sampled hits. Ava's first album only had 3 "hits" and 2 of them depended on a sample. :rip: 

SBS is her major hit and has no samples. Anyway, I don’t know what is the problem about sampling hits when she blends them perfectly into her music. 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• Nefertiti0

• Supervillain

• Sharapov

15 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

Bey at least has a bunch of non-sampled hits. Ava's first album only had 3 "hits" and 2 of them depended on a sample. :rip: 

3/4 of the singles from Dangerously in Love had samples. It’s not about the samples, it’s how you use them; Ava has always used them very well:alexz:

17 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

So Am I was also moderate hit, even Salt went Top 10 in 12 countries without any promotion. Outside the album The Motto was a hit. That's bunch of hits not depending on sample right?

36 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

The way she depends on samples. :rip: 

Come up with something else :zzz: 

12 minutes ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

3/4 of the singles from Dangerously in Love had samples. It’s not about the samples, it’s how you use them; Ava has always used them very well:alexz:

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToHell said:

So Am I was also moderate hit, even Salt went Top 10 in 12 countries without any promotion. Outside the album The Motto was a hit. That's bunch of hits not depending on sample right?

pay no mind no that OAH.... you'd think gaga stans have gotten over their hate... ava is harmless

Edited by Sharapov

46 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

And? is this supposed to be a drag? the music still slaps

mlaredoperez

Lets hope this sticks for the good of the album

We are going to pretend that MYTP was just a buzz single and this is the lead:gaycat:

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToHell said:

We are going to pretend that MYTP was just a buzz single and this is the lead:gaycat:

:gaycat:

I hope it's better than the previous song. I don't really like MYTP that much.

1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

:camping: 

like… pathetic

Lizzo’s About Damn Time

Big Energy by Latto

Hot **** by Cardi

Vegas by Doja

Plan B by Meghan

All have samples / interpolations but it’s a problem only when Ava does? Give me a ******* break :rip:

The sample discourse is boring, modern music has depended on samples for a while now. Her main issue is that she usually samples pretty well known songs, otherwise people wouldn't even care. 

Edited by Obsession

• ATRL Moderator

Ava’s team has done a great job selecting samples.  They get songs that were popular but aren’t sampled as much so it’s refreshing.  It’s a lot different than hearing the same Show Me Love sample being used year after year. 

Just now, khalyan said:

Ava’s team has done a great job selecting samples.  They get songs that were popular but aren’t sampled as much so it’s refreshing.  It’s a lot different than hearing the same Show Me Love sample being used year after year. 

:clap3:

Samples are here to stay.

the BBH100 is full of them. The complaints are giving old bitter gay energy :foxaylove2:

Madonna sampled on of the most famous pop songs in pop history and no one complained. 

6 minutes ago, khalyan said:

It’s a lot different than hearing the same Show Me Love sample being used year after year. 

Oop...

50 minutes ago, khalyan said:

:clap3:

ava’s sample selection is good so why is there always complaints when sampling is not even close to being a new concept in the present day industry  :deadbanana4:

I am ready :jonny:

The sample is small, how can people say she depends on samples :deadbanana2: 

4 hours ago, khalyan said:

Literally :rip: 

Never realized how Can't Fight the Moonlight sounds like a Britney song. I can easily hear her vocals on it! 

The cover we need :chick1:

MYTP was not that good tbh. This needs to be it otherwise people will move on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.