The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

do we think $200M is possible globally for its opening?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

16 hours ago, navykesha said:

Movie for kid only. Terrible final battle :rip: 

*kids

So, you're using a part to judge the whole? Lol, quite illogical. :psyduck:

4 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

3 days? Not likely. 

The gap with China, Russia and Korea is 24M combined. And it seems to be doing a little less than Aladdin in Europe and Latin America.  

Can you compare the second day of France with that of Aladdin?

did they publish the French sales for day 2? cause TLM is #2 on its second day in France

30 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

You guys should rate this on IMDb if you haven't already, it's being brigaded.

Girl, even the critics reviewers comments from RT about the movie don't match the score! A mess.

:biblio:

I hope the racists are fuming :WAP: Halle deserves this SO badly

we know first day for TLM in France grossed $819,000

I wanna watch it again to see if there are any Easter eggs I missed. I was kinda overwhelmed the first time. :jonny:

I’m heartbroken why did prince Eric have to be adopted by a black woman? It was very rude I’m not black but brown Halle fingers are the same colour as mine when Its summer. It implies that he went for her because of what he knows that there is a justification for the white people. :monkey:

• Thumbs Down 10

3 minutes ago, Dior said:

I’m heartbroken why did prince Eric have to be adopted by a black woman? It was very rude I’m not black but brown Halle fingers are the same colour as mine when Its summer. It implies that he went for her because of what he knows that there is a justification for the white people. :monkey:

Girl what

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dior said:

Girl put the crack pipe down

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Dior said:

Welcome to ATRL! :giraffe:

21 minutes ago, Dior said:

:rip:

I saw it again today cuz I had a free afternoon :rip:

I think repeat viewing will be pretty strong tbh…

• Like 2

i saw it in 4d today, i cried at least 5 different times. the acting is superb and her singing had me bawling. the cgi is stunning. what a perfect movie. the new twists make the story so much more meaningful and special 

• Like 1

I just saw it here in Belgium. What a fantastic movie! I loved everything about it. It did the original justice and added more depth to it. Halle IS Ariel. Loved the chemistry between her and Eric. 

Melissa McCarthy was great as Ursula. Vanessa left no crumbs. . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

i saw it in 4d today, i cried at least 5 different times. the acting is superb and her singing had me bawling. the cgi is stunning. what a perfect movie. the new twists make the story so much more meaningful and special 

1 minute ago, TrinityDanger said:

I just saw it here in Belgium. What a fantastic movie! I loved everything about it. It did the original justice and added more depth to it. Halle IS Ariel. Loved the chemistry between her and Eric. 

Melissa McCarthy was great as Ursula. Vanessa left no crumbs. . 

:gaygacat4:

I loved everything about the film except for Javier Bardem as King Triton and the Scuttlebutt song. 

Edited by Dangerous

16 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

Oh, that Aladdin actor who shaded TLM gonna look like a clown now.. 

Racists LOST! :clap3:

I sympathize with him a bit, I don’t know what his outburst was about. Nothing really came for him after Aladdin, he didn’t stand out In his own movie, Disney could t find a relevant actor of his ethnicity and settled

anyway it’s a good first weekend but it can’t drop hard next, domestic is gonna have to make up for it weak international BO since this Proably won’t make a billion.

it also has strong film competition every week to detract from it 

spiderman, Flash, Elements  

I hope it hits 800 mill

I just saw it with my mom. We liked it VERY much. It's not perfect. 

The only character I didn't like was Melissa. She's not Ursula.

• Like 1

Yeah Melissa and Awkwafina fell flat, but aside from that it was great :clap3:

Idk why they didn't use the colorful shots in the promo material! I thought the whole movie was gonna be dull and dark like the trailers 

Should've been 20 minutes shorter though, I was falling asleep around the start of Poor Unfortunate Souls

• Like 1

Just back from seeing this and I couldn't believe how much I loved it. I knew it would be great, but I adored absolutely everything about it. Everyone was fantastic, but Halle just blew me away. She was Ariel in every sense of the word. Daveed as Sebastian was also an absolute highlight. Awkwafina had the theatre I was in in stitches, as did Melissa.

I didn't have a problem with Javier, but I understand the critiques. I also thought it was a bit too long (could've gotten rid of "Scuttlebutt") but it's easily my favourite, and I think the best live-action adaptation. :clap3:

• Like 1

Saw it twice and really liked it. Halle and Melissa were great. Only critiques are that the movie was a bit too long and King Triton. 

54 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

I just saw it with my mom. We liked it VERY much. It's not perfect. 

The only character I didn't like was Melissa. She's not Ursula.

The actress who played Vanessa was actually better as a villain and made Melissa looked like a joke. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

The actress who played Vanessa was actually better as a villain and made Melissa looked like a joke. 

I was gonna say this 100%

Vanessa ATE her UP.

I was living for Vanessa :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.