Biden's job approval plummets to 33%. Only 26% dems want a 2nd term (NYT)

Chemist

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

Biden is far from perfect BUT... I'm giving him a chance based off the fact that ANY Democrat that won would be in the same mess as Biden right now. The man walked into a **** show and has Republicans shooting him down left and right.

I don't believe this is true.

I truly think Biden's goal going into the presidency was to avoid any/all "controversial" issues as an attempt to ease tensions between Republicans and Democrats.  However, all that's done is allowed Republicans to control the entire narrative even though Democrats control most of the federal government atm. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Bomb

• frenchyisback

• byzantium

• ClashAndBurn

2 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

at least we can't get a ticket with both of them because they're both from Florida

a Trump/DeSantis ticket would be a nationwide blowout.  Like it would be painfully embarrassing.  Would Trump pick Pence again?  He's been out of the media loop for years now.

3 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

Biden is far from perfect BUT... I'm giving him a chance based off the fact that ANY Democrat that won would be in the same mess as Biden right now. The man walked into a **** show and has Republicans shooting him down left and right.

:toofunny3:

Shouldn’t his time as vp have informed him that much? Why would he think Republicans would not obstruct him in the way Obama was? Because he was a white man? Very depressing that even people outside of his admin haven’t learned that lesson. 

Fundamentally, Biden is unable to do anything solely based on his political impulses from the 70’s. The way these incompetent dinosaurs in politics get forgiven by certain demographics. Like you’re part of the problem 

9 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

So why hasn't he used his executive powers no one can challenge to forgive student debt and expunge marijuana-related felonies while descheduling the drug?

Any other Democrat would have removed these loans already so what purpose does anyone under the age of 35 have to vote for Joe Biden again 2024 after they were the only reason he won in 2020 to begin with? 

Job approval I think has its importance, but some people put WAY too much stock into it for many reasons I don't want to get into and have before. 

I think honestly on both far extreme sides (as usual) they have it wrong. People either blame everything on Biden, blame nothing on him, and most just could not care less what he does as he is not one of them and will find a way to be mad. I personally am in the boat of disapproval, but it doesn't mean I think he is completely awful. I truly wish he was doing A LOT more, but people act like Biden is the only politician to not fulfill all of his promises and drag him FAR harder than many others. Yes, I am pissed about things like marijuana, student loan forgiveness, and more. And I do wish he would do executive action where he can more. But that doesn't mean I am going to write him off as the worst President ever or an awful person. People react far too extremely. 

But if you think that means I am voting Trump or Desantis or some other crazy you have another thing coming. There are at least SOME things Biden just can't do without Congress. Blame those Dems who won't do it, not Biden. I do think he should be playing tougher with Congress and other colleagues to get things done and he could be doing a better job dragging Republicans, but at least he advocates for some good stuff and has done some good stuff that we would have never gotten otherwise. I am not settling as I would much rather see someone else for 2024 if possible, that is much stronger and more progressive but having what we have now imo it could be MUCH worse. But progress in this country has ALWAYS been slow and likely always will be. If you're expecting a lot jammed through in a quick time in your life good luck with that I guess as shitty as it is. It just isn't realistic with how our system works. 

Going forward I hope a lot more people have learned that primaries are important, educating yourself is important, and going out and doing what you need to do to vote is important. It didn't have to really necessarily be Biden vs. Trump, but the lethargy of many played a big part in it. 

10 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

Exactly 

On 7/15/2022 at 9:41 AM, frenchyisback said:

and what’s the alternative? Vote for people who wanna see me go out of business and go bankrupt?

:dies:

Again, if your business cannot survive treating your employees like humans, your business sucks :heart:

On 7/15/2022 at 9:41 AM, frenchyisback said:

Im a libertarian if anything.

It is almost painful how low-grade your political takes are :rip:

The way he’s making it so easy for Donald to walk back into the White House. Both him and Hillary are to blame for extreme right wing ideals making a comeback. 

Send that old man in a nursing home, he did nothing so far.

Trump was way more interesting

39 minutes ago, ExHuman said:

Send that old man in a nursing home, he did nothing so far.

Trump was way more interesting

? that’s all you care about? Is that trump was interesting? ?

A mummy is destroying America. :rip:How embarrassing. I done  told you Nancy dems, Joe Biden would  not save Obama’s legacy but rather hurt  it. 

I’m always right

On 7/17/2022 at 7:49 PM, Mr.Link said:

The way he’s making it so easy for Donald to walk back into the White House. Both him and Hillary are to blame for extreme right wing ideals making a comeback. 

How was Hillary to blame when everything she warned us about came to be correct?

On 7/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Communion said:

So why hasn't he used his executive powers no one can challenge to forgive student debt and expunge marijuana-related felonies while descheduling the drug?

Any other Democrat would have removed these loans already so what purpose does anyone under the age of 35 have to vote for Joe Biden again 2024 after they were the only reason he won in 2020 to begin with? 

If it's THAT easy why is it that NO ONE has done so before?

What other president has forgiven $400 BILLION in student debt?

WHATS THE PURPOSE? The Republicans don't want to see another dime forgiven! They are completely against the thought of student loan forgiveness. 

Edited by NEUTRON

19 minutes ago, NEUTRON said:

How was Hillary to blame when everything she warned us about came to be correct?

By being such a terrible candidate that people prefered a radical right wing clown over her? And dont come with the “she won the popular vote” bullshit, if she was the right one (even by a slight margin) she should have beaten Donald easily (see Joe). 

11 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

By being such a terrible candidate that people prefered a radical right wing clown over her? And dont come with the “she won the popular vote” bullshit, if she was the right one (even by a slight margin) she should have beaten Donald easily (see Joe). 

To be fair, even with Trump mishandling the pandemic, Biden barely won the electoral college by about 40,000 votes in 3 states (even Trump won by more than that in 2016)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.