Rolling Stone: "What the Hell Happened to Justin Timberlake?"

Stankonia

27 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Eminem has been phoning in performances for years (and very rarely even tours at that)

This is a joke, right?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristide

• Stankonia

• QueenBLadyG

• imabadkid

He was never great to begin with. People are just starting to wake up to his basic ass. :clap3:

Edited by xfreshkidxx

The article is very BuzzFeed, basic and bitchy for the sake of it. If you gonna do a takedown article at least have it be well written.

On the latest episode of Don’t Let This Flop, cohosts Brittany Spanos and Ej Dickson break down the Timberlake saga, and also discuss the Minions and their iconic role in internet culture, VidCon, an OnlyFans couple who may or may not be sisters, and Himbo of the Week Robert Irwin’s polite rejection of horny TikTok fans.

DLTF is released Wednesdays on all audio streaming platforms, including Apple PodcastsSpotifyAmazon MusicStitcher, and more.

Not the writer referring to herself in third person and using this opportunity to promote her own podcast. :rip:

Just now, nadiamendell said:

Not the writer referring to herself in third person and using this opportunity to promote her own podcast. :rip:

The state of music journalism :rip:

13 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2: honestly this was coming but I didn’t realize so soon. 

The truth is he’s had more than few bops through and through and I listened to his music despite everything. This might really be the end road for him. 

So soon? :rip: he’s in his 40’s and has a 27 year old career 

6 minutes ago, mrmarrero said:

louis-vuitton-fashion-show-paris-16.jpg

It feels like I just woke up one day and he got old, it’s so weird :deadbanana2:

This man deserves his lashings, but good lord, that is an embarrassing article especially for an allegedly reputable publication like RS. How are you referencing blind items as evidence :deadbanana4:

Some of the replies are pure historical revisionism. He was considered cool and liked universally by white mainstream America and by black America along with other non-white groups. Everyone liked him in the 2000s (even ones who thought NSYNC was lame) just like everyone liked Beyonce. The backlash just began online in the past decade because Janet and Britney stans have been pushing hard to undermine him (not that I mind; never liked him).

But now he's just old and getting lame so more and more people are bandwagoning.

3 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

The article is very BuzzFeed, basic and bitchy for the sake of it. If you gonna do a takedown article at least have it be well written.

3 hours ago, nadiamendell said:

3 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

The state of music journalism :rip:

2 hours ago, Khal said:

This man deserves his lashings, but good lord, that is an embarrassing article especially for an allegedly reputable publication like RS. How are you referencing blind items as evidence :deadbanana4:

As someone tired with a lot of JT's recent antics, I still have to co-sign all of this and I'm glad it's being brought up. 

4 hours ago, Khal said:

He's not using blind items as evidence, he's mentioning the reasons why Gen Z constantly drags Justin. He specifies that none of the blind items were confirmed.

The part about him being spotted holding hands with another woman while his wife was pregnant is true though.

images-4-7.jpeg

101565?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signa

Again, people seem to have no idea that aging changes people.

the lashings dddd :deadvision:

5 hours ago, Inverted said:

Some of the replies are pure historical revisionism. He was considered cool and liked universally by white mainstream America and by black America along with other non-white groups. Everyone liked him in the 2000s (even ones who thought NSYNC was lame) just like everyone liked Beyonce. The backlash just began online in the past decade because Janet and Britney stans have been pushing hard to undermine him (not that I mind; never liked him).

But now he's just old and getting lame so more and more people are bandwagoning.

Basically this, his backlash only started by the perfect storm of the online pop stans, the panning of Man of the Woods and the terrible choices in his Super Bowl set (mainly the tragic Prince tribute). On top of that, the continuous decline in quality with Soulmate and Trolls 2 soundtrack and ageism on pop radio catching up to him.

His career was literally in a great shape the week before Filthy came out :rip: 

Edited by Popboi.

Serous question, does he think himself doing amazing dance with those moves? He always does them, and it look so basic, stupid and boring :katie: but he give this look like saying "I killed this dance routine"

Serous question, does he think himself doing amazing dance with those moves? He always does them, and it look so basic, stupid and boring :katie: but he give this look like saying "I killed this dance routine"

1 minute ago, C-Amber said:

There's no doubt his entitled and stuck up ass thought he killed it :skull:

19 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Michael Jackson was literally dying and slaying at 50. The actual President of Pop. Age is nothing but a number. Tell that to Tina Turner and Madonna, too. Let's not mention Prince and Mick Jagger while we're at it. :bird:

Not in the entertainment industry. People's performance abilities, sex appeal, artistic innovation, likelihood of connecting with the gp all decline after a certain age. Do you deny any of that?

Edited by Aristide

2 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Not in the entertainment industry. People's performance abilities, sex appeal, artistic innovation, likelihood of connecting with the gp all decline after a certain age. Do you deny any of that?

If they lack the genetics and abilities. There's plenty of artist out still performing and looking damn good. Justin just doesn't have good genes it seems. Age is a number for him. :bird:

Edited by QueenBLadyG

15 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Again, people seem to have no idea that aging changes people.

Why do some of you keep talking about him like he's 65 or something? He's only 41. :deadbanana4:

All the great entertainers were still killing it at his age. :psyduck:

Edited by Stankonia

I went to the Hollywood Bowl last weekend to see Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 1 played by the LA Philharmonic and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE sat in the box seats next to us. He…….looked so old and beat up. No shade, I know we’re all gonna be old some day and I don’t want to sound ageist or anything but omg it was so crazy to see him in person with no styling/special lighting etc. 

It was kinda ……sad NGL. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.