Is the LGBTQIA+ community starting to lose cis female allies?

IBeMe

People feel we somehow have too much leverage and are complainers. We arent but infortunately perception is everything. 

Since we have been lumped in with "woke culture" they equate us with cancel culture and think we are canceling everyone and overpowering peoples opinions.

As far as women. There is a sect of feminism that has been trying to push a narrative that trans women are trying to erase women and are stepping on womens rights. (Not true but it is what they are saying)

We just got caught in the middle of this left vs right war and somehbt fall for the bait and write crazy ass **** on twitter and flame their reasonings. 

Its why I said we need to take a step back and re evaluate canceling folks so fast, i.e macy gray. She is starting to gain major support. People want trans people to be their own category instead of inclusion. Us being in sports was their tipping point. Too much, too fast. And unfortunately since the one who was on the swim team wasnt passable it added the extra sting. 

And while I am learning to understand it myself  I really feel the non binary thing is also what set many back. 

Edited by FreeXone

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tropez

• IBeMe

• Patient Zero

• Teen Spirit

On 7/5/2022 at 3:06 PM, Tropez said:

Sacred bond? One of the biggest opponents of gay men was a woman. Who was one of the people calling HIV a gay disease during the 80s. 

There is no bond, there never was a bond. Not only that, gay men have been shown time and time again to be very misogynistic. So please tell me where is this bond you speak of? 

:cm:

On 7/5/2022 at 4:13 PM, Aristotle said:

Gay men or at least feminine gay men have it 10x worse than straight white women. 

As for gay's misogyny, many of the straight ally women fetishy gay men as feminine clowns and bad mouth bisexual man as disgusting and not manly enough for them. That needs to be said. 

And aside from abortion both sexes have their own advantages and disadvantages. 

Only MOC.

On 7/6/2022 at 3:33 AM, Buddy said:

Millennial female "allies" will always support their "gay boys," but I think they're a bit lost with the whole switched focus on non-binary.

Tbh aren't we all?

Less screaming and violently drunk brides in our spaces I fear...

This new non binary movement definitely turned a lot of people off 

and trans athletes competing in the same sports as cis women as well

Homophobic comments on social media are always all about these 2 subjects even more than trashing gay men in general 

the only true enemy of humanity are rich white people regardless of sexual orientation and the sooner we realize it the better

On 7/8/2022 at 3:15 PM, Mobility Mary said:

Tbh aren't we all?

We are indeed. As much as it sounds bad, we need to stop forcing people to change the language or using non existing pronouns. I think people are fine with gays and lesbians but they need more time for trans folks and non binaries. You cant expect society to digest all of this in two years. It will obviously create a pushback

No sure, but I’ve recently noticed a lot of straight white women suddenly identifying as non-binary and thinking they have the right to speak over gay men.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.