Lizzo to be the first female as a lead to go #1 this year?

Jay T

Kate is COMING, hide the children

1613294941_lisabarlow2.thumb.gif.9da8d4d

Beyoncé needs to drop a video, get Blue to make a dance on TikTok for the kiddies and snatch the #1 hit.

20 minutes ago, Brando said:

I don't see how Kate can repeak. Her initial rise was fueled by a viral moment that reached most people it could reach. Volume 2 will not have a viral moment like that. 

What are you talking about? :rip: 

Volume 2 already came out and had another moment causing it to increase in streams while smashing on radio. It will repeak in the Top 3 at least. 

Edited by CaptainMusic

1 hour ago, 45seconds said:

You are incorrect/

Kate is 8% away from #1 in the next chart. She’s up 25% because of volume 2. She has an actual real chance. 

I hope I am. My favourite female song of all time

1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

It is used in Episode 9 at the climax though, so…

Oh ok, I didn't know. I don't watch that ****

55 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

What are you talking about? :rip: 

Volume 2 already came out and had another moment causing it to increase in streams while smashing on radio. It will repeak in the Top 3 at least. 

Will it be enough for a #1 though? All I'm saying is that the initial appearance sparked a viral moment that gave her immense exposure. Those who've seen Vol 1 are gonna be the exact same people who will watch Vol 2

Yes! Solo hit, no remixes or fraud tactics :clap3:

The way Lizzo did everything right with this song.. promoting it rightly through TikTok, she UNDERSTANDS the game in 2022 more so than anyone. She is smart and I love her for it :jonny5:

22 minutes ago, Brando said:

I hope I am. My favourite female song of all time

Will it be enough for a #1 though? All I'm saying is that the initial appearance sparked a viral moment that gave her immense exposure. Those who've seen Vol 1 are gonna be the exact same people who will watch Vol 2

It’s predicted to repeak at #2 next week. 

It’s very close and will unfortunately probably just miss #1

I hope so! would it be the first time ever an american female solo artist plays flute on her own #1 single? :duca: classically trained music dorks WON with Lizzo becoming a main pop girl

obviously I'd love Kate to get a #1, as one of the biggest Kate stans on here, but I'd be extremely pleased with Lizzo getting one first, as that feels more likely. Kate after Lizzo here I say!

1 hour ago, Brando said:

Ok, now put some respect on one of the most acclaimed and biggest TV shows this century.

13 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Ok, now put some respect on one of the most acclaimed and biggest TV shows this century.

Still a kiddicare show tho

I think the next #1s will all be females tbh... Kate Bush, Lizzo and Beyoncé

4 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

Beyoncé needs to drop a video, get Blue to make a dance on TikTok for the kiddies and snatch the #1 hit.

Right lol

Adele already did early this year but if you mean with a new release, she will, I doubt Kate can make it but I’d be happy if she does.

Easy On Me went back to #1 after AIWFCIY in the second week of the year and stayed there for 3 weeks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.