Lizzo to be the first female as a lead to go #1 this year?

Jay T

As lizzo sits pretty at #3, her song is still rising in points while the others above are dropping. 

No female has gone #1 this year as a lead, Nicki has come the closest to #2, but other than that females have had an underwhelming year in the charts. 

But in due time with perfect timing, lizzo’s new album drops next Friday a week after she sits #3 on the charts. Will she be the first to reach #1 ?

Gaga will. The #1 spot will Hold Her Hand.

Edited by TheFameCurse

Either her or Kate Bush. 

Wow. Honestly thought she was over when this song absolutely bombed upon release. 
This song has come a long way 

I think she has a chance on her album's release week. Honestly I'm very surprised it became such a huge hit considering how Rumors kinda came and went.

AlexStexaul

Kate Bush sweetie… 

I hope it's Kate. :gaygacat4:

• ATRL Moderator

About Damn Time is a certified bop so I'm not complaining but I hope to see some more women on top :jamming:

Radio better drop Styles and Harlow faster so this could happen! She deserves this!!

I hope her and Kate go #1. I'm really happy for Lizzo is getting another hit. People were so quick to write her off and it's clear she's doing just fine. 

9 minutes ago, allforyou said:

I think she has a chance on her album's release week. Honestly I'm very surprised it became such a huge hit considering how Rumors kinda came and went.

A TikTok star will always be a TikTok star.

I hope Kate goes number one this week and Lizzo next week. Two talented, hard-working queens. We do need some women up there. :heart2:

easy on me spent 3 weeks at #1 this year :gaycat:

she will reach it the week when special drops

24 minutes ago, kandicha said:

I hope Kate goes number one this week and Lizzo next week. Two talented, hard-working queens. We do need some women up there. :heart2:

Does Kate have good chances? Is the song rising on Spotify again? I was worried it had peaked but just thought about volume 2 potentially giving it a boost.

13 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Does Kate have good chances? Is the song rising on Spotify again? I was worried it had peaked but just thought about volume 2 potentially giving it a boost.

I don't see how Kate can repeak. Her initial rise was fueled by a viral moment that reached most people it could reach. Volume 2 will not have a viral moment like that. 

It will be Kate. But I believe Lizzo and her will be 1 &2 at some point. 

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

I don't see how Kate can repeak. Her initial rise was fueled by a viral moment that reached most people it could reach. Volume 2 will not have a viral moment like that. 

You are incorrect/

Kate is 8% away from #1 in the next chart. She’s up 25% because of volume 2. She has an actual real chance. 

isn't Kate on lock for next week?

Lizzo's rightful place is sitting on top of the charts, CRUSHING the other girls. :clap3:

Thinking Of You
6 minutes ago, Brando said:

It is used in Episode 9 at the climax though, so…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.