What is the best airlines to fly with?

Queen.

When I was in the US I flew jetBlue and it was really amazing for a low-cost carrier. Good legroom, free wifi, drinks and snacks. You don’t get any of it in Europe.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen.

• The7thStranger

• Into The Void

• Mr. Mendes

I've only flown United, but no complaints. I also predominately flew first class, so keep that in mind. 

For a vacation, I wouldn't cut costs with things like a nice hotel or a reliable airline like United (and apparently Delta). Just trust me on this one. 

Emirates >>>>

Never had such a pleasant flight experience before

I can allow afford to fly jetstar :rip:

Best airline in my country got sold to indina 

Not familiar with US domestic airlines but I live in Ireland but originally from the Philippines. So when I travel long flights, my favorites are Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways and (at times) Etihad/Turkish.

Lufthansa and KLM were some of my worst experiences customer service-wise. I also had my baggage gone when I traveled with British Airways and Ryanair. :mazen: 

Surprised people are saying Southwest since they've been delay/cancellation galore after the pandemic.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:41 PM, khalyan said:

American Airlines and Delta are both awful, having flown with them from DFW in the past.  I'd avoid them.

Honestly, my best flying experience recently was with Spirit.  Since it's more affordable, it's easier to afford all the extras than it is with other flights.  I had some flight attendant that apparently was famous at one point because guests kept taking photos with her but I didn't know her :rip: 

Wait who? 

did you sneak a picture? 

On 7/4/2022 at 3:14 PM, Queen. said:

I'll be traveling sometime soon and this will be my first time flying on an airplane. What is the best airline to fly with? 

Edit: I'm actually flying to Dallas, coming from Florida for a trip. The only thing I'm mainly worried about are bags and bag fees. 

Whatever airline you pick. Please please please only book on the direct airline website. Do not book on third party sites like Expedia or booking.com Third party sites have the right to not inform you with surprise bag fees or if the airline changes their schedule departure time. Plus if something goes wrong with the flight, most airlines will tell you go back to the third party site since you didn’t book directly from the airline. I work for a US airline, I’ve seen it all. 

Also, always read everything you book. Airlines have different fare classes for different experiences. If you’re worried about bag fees, Southwest is better since you get two free bags checked… but you might have to do weird connections depending on your destination. Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant will have you paying for EVERYTHING. Only use them if you’re traveling with a backpack and that’s it. JetBlue, American, United, and Delta are all the same to me. 

Read carefully about the fare class codes, what is included and what are the additional fees. There are airlines better priced for backpackers en airlines better priced for checked bags.

Check how they are performing on the route you want to fly on the same hour of the day and day of the week in previous weeks. There are airlines flying almost always on time on a certain route and there are airlines departing and arrived late all the time.

This Summer is the worst times to fly. COVID has decimated the amount of people working in aviation. Expect plane crew shortage, airport staff shortage, luggage handling crew shortage, security staff shortage,...

Maybe it will be fine next year, after a recession killed off demand.

When I fly out to Florida a couple times a year I only use Jet Blue because they’re the only airline that flies direct to Florida from my airport, all the others have connecting flights. 

1 hour ago, Pinkoverblue said:

Whatever airline you pick. Please please please only book on the direct airline website. Do not book on third party sites like Expedia or booking.com Third party sites have the right to not inform you with surprise bag fees or if the airline changes their schedule departure time. Plus if something goes wrong with the flight, most airlines will tell you go back to the third party site since you didn’t book directly from the airline. I work for a US airline, I’ve seen it all. 

Also, always read everything you book. Airlines have different fare classes for different experiences. If you’re worried about bag fees, Southwest is better since you get two free bags checked… but you might have to do weird connections depending on your destination. Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant will have you paying for EVERYTHING. Only use them if you’re traveling with a backpack and that’s it. JetBlue, American, United, and Delta are all the same to me. 

Thank you sis, I went with Southwest. I thought about booking through a third-party site but then I decided not to just to be safe. 

Cycle there, it’s more environmentally friendly

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 5:13 PM, Triton said:

American is the worst, even on their home base city Dallas, they cancelled so many flights and had lines of people waiting for answers, they took staffing away from the floor and made all the people from who knows how many flights stand in a single line over 4 hours to get some answers. Their online app, chat box and phone service sucked too. I stayed overnight in Dallas because they couldn’t get their **** together. 

this happened to me this month. exactly in dallas. 8 hour delay. all they gave us to make up for it was a piddly one-time meal voucher when everything was closed for the next several hours. i have Bad Blood with american now

Delta is the worst, I always had a problems with them. Now I'm flying mostly with JetBlue and so far I like them.

It kinda depends on which airline hubs you have but personally I liked Southwest Airlines and Alaska Airlines.

I love Southwest and Alaska. I work for Frontier. I don’t know a worst airline!

Edited by Mezter

On 7/4/2022 at 2:19 PM, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Honesty people **** on Spirit & Allegiant but unless you’re going first class, Delta, American, United aren’t any better. Save your $$ and fly spirit, bb 

I've only heard nothing but bad things with spirit 

Virgin is amazing btw but so limited

20 hours ago, Mezter said:

I love Southwest and Alaska. I work for Frontier. I don’t know a worst airline!

Isn't frontier and spirit the same? They are both cheap flights but charges you for everything such as bags and other hidden fees?

===

For my flights I've went with Southwest and Delta(first time flying). Delta is expensive but I'll rather pay more for quality.  I'm afraid to try others.

Quatar 

Emirates 

Cathay 

Eva 

Philippine Airlines 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.